~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thank you Techie for the quote yesterday. I feel that way many times, and especially about all the books and things to learn!

Rava, thank you for the quote as well. I have that problem of getting the picture to be oriented the right way too. In the past I have tried using the option on my iPhone to take a square picture picture and that solved it for me.

Unseasonably warm in these parts. Our grass is still growing and we are in October! Hope we're done with mowing but....

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:38am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's Thanksgiving Day in Canada, but all of us here have many things to be thankful for, especially each other!

We went to Sherwood Park yesterday to see Adam and Darcie's new home. It's also their 13th. anniversary today, so we celebrated that as well! And another bonus was that the youngest daughter Ashley came down from Grande Prairie to spend the weekend! We also took 60lbs of moose trimmings to grind into hamburger, so we had quite the assembly line going between grinding, bagging, and sealing. We've definitely got enough hamburger to get us through the winter now lol.

Hope you're doing okay [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]!
        Last edited by abcowboy; October 11, 2021, 06:50 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, that’s great you were able to spend the weekend celebrating Thanksgiving and a wedding anniversary with family.

Hopefully we’ll soon all be able to visit with family & friends.

Looking forward to hearing from Big Al.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hope everyone has a wonderful Af day!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

We are enjoying our time here on Marrowstone Island. It's a gorgeous area and I haven't been here in 35 years. I tried to walk a few miles yesterday and I'm feeling it something awful. We head home tomorrow and I'm calling my doc and asking for an orthopedic referral. This is ridiculous!

Happy belated Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends. Such a bummer, QW that you couldn't visit family.

Jude safe travels home! Enjoy that porch.

Waves to all my buddies in the Cafe. Hope we all have an easy AF day!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my Canadian friends! We all have so much to be grateful for, no matter what day of the year it is!

Ginger, glad that you are going to see an orthopedic doc. Life is too short to go through it with so much pain, and hopefully, you can get some relief soon!
                [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], hope that everything is OK with you...

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and 🇨🇦 Thanksgiving celebrants. Chilly morning here. I tee off at 9:20. We have a BIG Club Tournament on Wednesday. Thinking on [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] and hope he checks in soon. So, with lots of love and gratitude I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
                  “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. The officiating went excellent. Even my teenage son told me that I should quit and my job and just "do weddings". I was so very happy to have that behind me, and the associated anxiety, that I downed the champagne flute that was thrust in my hands afterword. I wish I could say that it was the only drink I had that night. BUT, I am right back on the wagon and trying not to beat myself to death.

We bought my driving age son a vehicle that ended up having a leaky rubber hose coming off of the fuel pump. I dropped the fuel tank yesterday and replaced everything. In the process of laying on that cold garage floor I tweaked my back. I crawled into the kitchen from the garage and scared my wife! So I spent the evening in bed with a heating pad whining. Anyway, I appreciate the kind words and am thinking of my Canadian friends celebrating today.

Maybe I should quit my job and "just do weddings"... Or maybe I should should just humbly commit to another 24 please and thanks.
                    Last edited by BigAl; October 11, 2021, 01:57 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                        Good morning Cafe Friends. The officiating went excellent. Even my teenage son told me that I should quit and my job and just "do weddings". I was so very happy to have that behind me, and the associated anxiety, that I downed the champagne flute that was thrust in my hands afterword. I wish I could say that it was the only drink I had that night. BUT, I am right back on the wagon and trying not to beat myself to death.

We bought my driving age son a vehicle that ended up having a leaky rubber hose coming off of the fuel pump. I dropped the fuel tank yesterday and replaced everything. In the process of laying on that cold garage floor I tweaked my back. I crawled into the kitchen from the garage and scared my wife! So I spent the evening in bed with a heating pad whining. Anyway, I appreciate the kind words and am thinking of my Canadian friends celebrating today.

Maybe I should quit my job and "just do weddings"... Or maybe I should should just humbly commit to another 24 please and thanks.
                        Happy you survived and didn’t go too far overboard. Great you are back on track my friend!

Comment

Good morning and glad it’s over for you Big Al. AKA the wedding guy. Glad you are right back here. Ginger, so sorry you are feeling worse as your tried to hike. Wishing everyone a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                            Last edited by abcowboy; October 12, 2021, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Glad the weekend wasn't a runaway for you [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], and happy to hear you did a great job officiating!

Yes, I'd say it's time to find someone who can get to the bottom of your pain issues [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION].

It's a cold one here this morning for the middle of October, -8C (18F), and below freezing temps forecast for every night this week! It's not warming much up during the day either, so best get at any outside work I still have to do to get ready for winter!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Big Al, so glad the wedding went well. I sometimes miss doing wedding photography but know that arthritis would prevent me from lugging around all the equipment. And most weddings involved at least an 8 hour day from before the ceremony to first dance.
                                And I’m glad you kept the alcohol under control.

Ginger, hope you soon get relief from your aches and pains. It sucks that we can’t always do what we used to enjoy.

I’m fortunate to have retired early, over 9 years ago, but I still look forward to weekends, especially long ones. I hope that by next Thanksgiving we’re able to celebrate with family.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X