~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Wishing everyone a happy hump day. So glad to be here with all of you. Loved that quote, Techie!

24 more please!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those getting ready for Thanksgiving. Very chilly morning here. Just Mrs Techie and me for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. Stepdaughter and husband coming Friday. Reflecting on all the things I’m grateful fir this year. So, with deep appreciation fir a sober life and lots of love in my heart, I accept another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Keeping Cowboys family and Mrs QW in my prayers.

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends! Holy cow, when my boss discussed "rolling off this project", what he really meant was that I would be working 150% on this project. It's funny how a bunch of little "oh by the way, could you..." turn into full time x2. Oh well, it's nice to be back into production, and I knew that there would be a period of time to get everyone up to speed on the job. At least I don't have to be client facing anymore on this project, and maybe on my next one my client will be sane! It feels good to be entering into this holiday with a clear head, and looking forward to spending time with my family. No worries about when the liquor store opens, or when during the day family may stop by. I have a whole day of prep and cooking, and I am looking forward to all of it.

Cowboy, you and Bubba are in my thoughts today, as are you QW (and of course Mrs. QW).

Ginger999, my number three will happen the week after next. When I disappeared and went to rehab they had to push a couple of meetings back and are now scrambling to prepare (which is what I did all day long today). I don't have to go to the meeting at this point which is fine with me, but it means my boss is tied up and then will be traveling next week. So, when things calm down I'll spring number 3 on them. At the end of the day I realize that I very much dislike what I do for a living, regardless of what project I am working on.

I wish everyone a fantastic, relaxing, and fulfilling Holiday and/or Thursday. I will admit, I paused after writing "fulfilling" and had to google whether or not my Canadian friends celebrate Thanksgiving, which made me feel guilty and self-centered that I don't know more about how and when my northern brethren celebrate! In any case, I will gladly look forward to another 24 hours of clarity, laughter, and enjoyment.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to our American friends in the Cafe! I hope you enjoy the celebration safely and, of course, alcohol free.

Big Al, Canadian Thanksgiving is celebrated in October since our harvest is done earlier in the fall. I too look forward the meal prep, cooking and the pleasure of seeing family enjoy.

I thought I’d send Thanksgiving wishes before turning out the light since those on eastern and central time are up before me!

QW
          Last edited by Quit wining; November 24, 2021, 11:20 PM.
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving all! (Happy belated Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends) I'm very grateful for all of my friends here at the cafe, and for all of your support, love, and encouragement. :love_heart:

Asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:00am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Not much time this morning as we have to have the mil into the city for her 7:30am eye surgery, but I wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends south of the 49th!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving to those that celebrate. This is my first Thanksgiving away from my family but we are enjoying the day with new neighbors in a Friendsgiving celebration. New experiences can be good. I honestly think if I didn't have this I would have been depressed. I was always the one cooking for 40 people and working myself to death. I complained but loved every minute. So today I will cook my turkey for my new friends and enjoy the day. Will facetime with my family and have a good day. No alcohol for me. I will bring my own beverage of Diet Coke. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

No matter the day.....

BigAl, may I ask what you do for a living? Just curious 🤔

Like you, Rava, we are staying south this Thanksgiving and enjoying a meal with friends.

I'll gladly take 24 more!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, sounds like you’ve got your new way to celebrate Thanksgiving well planned. Not being with family will be different but not cooking for 4O people will be a nice and well earned change. I don’t know that I fully appreciated how much hard work went into huge family gatherings until my Mom was unable to do them anymore.

Big Al, I like your outlook on work. If your employer is smart, they’ll let the new you show what you’re capable of. If not, there are other options. A job is just a job, it doesn’t define you. Wish I’d learned that many years ago!

It’s unusually warm this morning and raining. Very strange for late November.

I wish everyone a very enjoyable, alcohol free Thursday, and again , Happy Thanksgiving to our American friends!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to those who are celebrating waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all the US friends and Happy AF Thursday to our Canadian Friends!

It's just Mr. D and I and my son and two children. Most of the food prep is on me but Mr. D helps significantly. I mostly leave the turkey to him. I am grateful for the many blessings in my life and that includes all of you! I came across this old Johnny Cash song which I had never heard before. It's called, 'Thanksgiving Prayer'. I really liked it and wanted to share it with all of you here.

May we all enjoy and appreciate another 24 hours of freedom.

Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Happy Thanksgiving to all those celebrating. I gratefully accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day and Thanksgiving possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends! Had a nice relaxing day today. Spent the morning with my wife cooking way too much food and then proceeded to eat way too much food. The kids actually spent some quality time at the dining room table eating and talking. All in all it was a picture perfect Thanksgiving.
                              [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I spent the vast majority of my career managing large infrastructure projects for an industrial design firm that dabbled in EPC (Engineer Procure Construct) work (I'm an engineer). I also consulted on funding sources and contract development for OUS governments looking to add to their existing dams, power plants, substations, distribution, renewables, etc. This time was spent in the field, usually moving to a new state or a new country every 2-3 years. I loved it, when you are at the place where work is actually executed you deal with honest, concise, hard working folks. A few years ago we made a family decision to cease our gypsy life and let the kids have some school stability, so we moved back home. For the same company, I am now managing the design side (as opposed to the "let's build this" side). It's a 180 degree different world from where I came from with lots of office politics, innuendo, and dancing around topics that everyone is scared to talk about. I come from a very straight forward past and the gray area that I now am forced to work in is just not fulfilling like my time out at the actual job.

All that aside, I am looking forward to another 24 hours of clarity. I am very thankful on this day that I spent it sober and enjoying my family. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and/or Thursday.

Comment

Well, I had a glass of wine with dinner yesterday, but thankfully I was the designated driver and stopped at one. The fact that I stuffed myself with Turkey and dressing helped, as there was no more room in my belly for anymore wine!

Raining here this morning, but it's supposed to change to snow later on.

I'm in for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X