~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Today is "Frame Day"... From your replies it is apparent that choosing frames is something we all have problems with! I generally try to get the least noticeable ones possible. Yet when I am out and about I notice people's glasses and admire the "fashionable" frames. I just don't feel I can pull them off! My Eye Care office offers a shopping feature where you can look at their frames on line and pick a few you want to try out at the office. I did that this morning, so at least I won't have to stand in front of those racks of frames and get overwhelmed while the optometry assistant patiently waits!

BigAl I am so glad you returned to the fold! I enjoin Techie's fervent hope for you that "you will have a firm grip this time." But if you don't, keep coming back anyway! Giving up is not an option.

Techie, I hope you keep healthy and get to fully enjoy that Grand Canyon hike. I try not to worry about things but must admit that one thing that does often creep into my consciousness is the concern/worry about losing my mobility.

I hope with deep gratitude for another 24 hours of sobriety and mobility for all of us here!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Glad that you're back [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], and thank you for your honesty. The beast is nasty, and doesn't play fair. Use the tools that you have learned while in rehab and fight back! Keep returning to your friends here at the cafe, and leave your shame at the door. We have all been where you are. Shake it off and move on. Counting the days works for some, but I'm not one of them. You do whatever works for you.

Good luck picking out your new glasses today [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Smart move checking out frames on-line first; hopefully, it will make the final decision less stressful.

With gratitude I look forward to another 24 hours and thank you!

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe and so glad you are back Big Al. We have all been where you are right now. Keep coming back to the group. We got your back!!! YOU GOT THIS! I have relapsed so many times I have lost count. I can never count day 1’s it would be too stressful. Just remember how well you have done so far and you have the tools to do this which you didn't have before rehab. Hope everyone has a good day today. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

We all know how hard this is [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], you're doing great by not giving up. And as techie's quote said, one day it will all click and you'll know you are where you are meant to be...
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends! Yesterday was a successfully sober day, and your positivity, hope, enlightenment means more to me than I can say. Yes, this one was tough. But all I need to do today, is today.

Shame, I need to practice at letting that go. It is really hard for me. Expectations have been both a tool I have wielded and a knife that has cut me too many times in the past. But today I am not going to drink.

Thank you all again and I will be right there with you all in doing the work that it takes to not drink today.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Glad yesterday was another success Big Al! As Jude said, shame gets checked at the Cafe door. Counting days on a daily basis didn’t work for me.

It’s a wintery morning so I think I’ll delay walking until afternoon when it warms up, close to freezing.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning friends! Cool in AZ today. Winter is here. Only 70 today.

Busy day today so better get to it! 24 more, please!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and holiday shoppers. Cold wintery mix here today. Looking forward to my daughter’s visit on December 28th. She is a graduate student in Sweden. So, it is with the deepest level of gratitude that I accept another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends! It's evening, the sun has set, and I managed to remain sober for another day. You know, rehab was spectacular but it was almost too safe. There was no way to drink, no avenue to the liquor store, no friends trying to drag me to a pub, and no real way to act on any of those feelings that cause distress. I suppose that is one of the main reasons behind the rehab structure; to just put some miles on your sobriety whether you like it or not. But to me, it was a little bit of a pitfall. It was too easy, I didn't have to fight. For the last two days I have been fighting. There were times where it was hour by hour and I was making plans, shaking my head, making more plans, punching the little voice in my head, ad nauseam. I fought. I never had to fight like that before, and I rode out of rehab on greased rails with new bearings. I'm certainly not giving up, just the opposite, I am just simply realizing how very real things are. Today will be a success. Tomorrow is another day and I plan to fight because I really want to win. Cunning, baffling, powerful.

I will not just ask for another 24 hours tonight, I will demand it with clenched fists. You are all wonderful stewards of this group and I again cannot put into words how much you mean to me, and how much of a difference you make in my life.

Comment

BigAl I believe you perfectly describe the biggest drawback to in-patient rehab. If you were an actual book author, you couldn't have said it better. The habits built up over years and years cannot be changed in 30 days, and in the safety of rehab, IMO. But still, there is great value to rehab. It clearly gave you space and time to see things you had been blinded to and to be able to begin to change your thoughts and make plans. You left there with a firm intention to be sober and many of the tools necessary to take on the task. It's a journey though. You are clearly making progress and will achieve your goals. I firmly believe it.

All of us here have the shared intention of living sober lives. Some are farther along on the path than others, but we are all headed in the same direction. :heartbeat:

I picked out the frames I wanted. They are as subtle as I could find. There were lots of good choices and I found it helpful that I had a plan thanks to the previewing option offered by the Eye Care office. Having a plan helps in staying sober and in picking out frames!

24 more please for all of us here.
                        Last edited by dill; December 14, 2021, 06:58 AM.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“Your beliefs become your thoughts,
                          Your thoughts become your words,
                          Your words become your actions,
                          Your actions become your habits,
                          Your habits become your values,
                          Your values become your destiny.”

― Gandhi

BigAs, reading your post brought back the memory of this quote by Gandhi. I searched for it and was glad to find it.
                          Dill

Comment

Great quote dill! Thank you!

Humbly asking for another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and thanks for the quote Dill. Words of wisdom for sure. Big Al, today is a new day for you to remain sober. So glad you came back. It proves that your intentions are to remain sober and accountable even with a roadblock you are back with us. Wishing everyone a great day today. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X