~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe Friends! Huge storm last night. Nothing beats going to bed with the sound of big rain.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday, and I will humbly ask for another 24.

Comment

5:00am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning and wishing everyone a great and sober day. I am grateful for another day of sobriety!

Comment

Good morning my friends! We're just over half done seeding now, things are running smoothly with only minor repairs having to be made. Today will be a bit more interesting as we're moving to 460 acres of land that the farm boss has started renting. Going to have to keep my eyes open and not get into any tight spots, or wet spots. Touch wood, I haven't got the rig stuck this year so far and I'd like to keep it that way lol.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I had a busy but productive day yesterday and was able to eliminate almost every item on the honey do list. The reprieve will be short, I’m sure, as the list is always there.

My son the chef/butcher has been offered a position as head chef at a restaurant in London, England. There’s a lot for him to consider but he needs a change and this would be quite the adventure!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Wow, QW! Congrats to your son. That's awesome.

Off for a procedure this morning. I'll be glad when it's over. It included prep for those wondering.

May we all have an easy AF day and 24 more!

Comment

Glad you will have that procedure in the rearview, Ginger. Hope all goes well.

Rava, I loved that quote and visual! Some days it does feel just like that!

Cowboy, be careful out there!

24 more please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Rava, loved the quote! So true!

What a great opportunity for your son QW. Head chef...wow!

Ughh...I hate those kinds of procedures Ginger!

We had a robin build a best under the outer edge of our porch roof. Mr. J put a camera above the nest, and now we have a birds eye (ha ha) view of the babies. We have a live stream which we can watch on the computer. I never realized how involved the male robin is in caring for the chicks. He often brings food to the babies, and either feeds them directly, or passes it to Mom, who in turn feeds them. I always thought that the males were done with everything once the eggs were layed. Who knew?

Looking forward to enjoying another sober day.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. QW. Wow that’s amazing about your sons offer. Let us know if he decides to accept it or not. Ginger, I wish you luck today. No butts about it! I have decided to work an extra day this week to help out the thrift store. Many people are gone due to being snowbirds so it makes me feel good to help out more. I finally feel like after 6 months of living here that I’m starting to adjust well. Learning how to maneuver the grocery story without checking out the wine rack is a great start!!! Wishing everyone a safe and Af day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Congrats going out to your son [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! It's a big decision for him but I'm sure he'll make the right choice. Maybe a trip to London will be in your future?

Hope the dreaded procedure went fine [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] and the results turn out positive!

Glad to hear you're getting comfortable with your move [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], keeping busy and staying away from the "temptation" aisle!

Pretty cool about watching the robins [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], and I had a chuckle over the last line in the story lol.

I got to come back to Vegreville last night as we got rained out. It's still raining here in Veg and from the radar it's still raining over the farm. Looks like I'll get a few days with Bubba (and a washing machine lol). I did manage to stay out of trouble so far [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], but there were a few times the tractor was flinging mud everywhere! And this rain isn't going to help when it's time to get back at it!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I think a trip to London is definitely going to happen if my son takes this job. The owner of the restaurant and my son worked together on opening a restaurant in Calgary a few years ago and they did an amazing job building the business before Covid hit. My son in Australia is game for a road trip as will my sister in Toronto when she finds out. Exciting times!

We’re getting some rain too Cowboy and the forecast for the long weekend is wet with the possibility of wintry mix. Funny how every year the May long weekend has weather like this.

Ginger, you reminded me I’m due for a scope this fall. When I had my first one about 15 years ago, I mentioned to my office administrator that having gone through the cleanse, it was likely the first time since we met that I wasn’t full of it. She laughed and said “If I know you, you kept some in reserve”! She was probably right! We’re still good friends and keep in touch.
                          While it’s not the most pleasant procedure, it’s well worth the inconvenience if it detects cancer. If you haven’t had a scope, talk to your doctor.
                          The same applies to guys and prostate exams. Again, it’s not the most pleasant experience but so worthwhile if it detects cancer.

Off for a walk while it’s still dry. Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Bahaha! Some funny comments here today. Procedure was all clear and I'm good for another five years. FYI.... there is a recently approved prep tablet called SuTab. I didn't get it this go around but I'll request it next time! Drinking that stuff is the worse part of the entire part! 🙃

Jude, how cool to get to see that mama and daddy Robin raise their babies.

ABC, hope your weather turns and you can get the seeding done.

I'm babysitting my great grandson a few hours today while his mom takes a nursing shift to help out her mom. Whew! Long sentence! Looking forward to that. He's 6mo and so curious!

Hi to all my Cafe friends! Looking forward to another day of freedom!

Comment

Ginger, glad that you had good results after your "procedure." I agree that the worst part is the prep!

Looking forward to another AF day!

Comment

What fun to be watching the Robin's nest, Jude!

I missed checking in yesterday! Volunteering early in the morning and then hosting a home maker's club meeting in the afternoon kept me so busy I didn't even realize I missed. Nice to have my time here at home this morning to get caught up. I am relieved to not be filling in for the Friday volunteer. She went back to work today in spite of not being completely healed up. She said she felt it was time to get back into the world in spite of it. I was beginning to tire of doing two mornings in a row, so I am glad.

Thunderstorms here this morning. Let's all have 24 hours of freedom.
                                Last edited by dill; May 20, 2022, 05:48 AM.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X