~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe friends and hello Phoenix. It is cool here this morning but the sun is shining. I’m staying in my stepdaughter’s home which she rents from time to time. Luckily, it is vacant atm. The service is this evening in Cave Creek which is due north of here. I had a second home in Tatum Ranch when it was first developed in the early nineties. SobI know the area well enough. Great golf course. Meeting up with my old hiking crew and will do a quick up & down on Camelback Mountain. This was Gary’s favorite hike. We will all hold space for his family, pray, and share some memories before descending.

So, with deep sadness but gratitude for my sobriety, even when life put up difficult challenges, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Major hurdle. The Camelback Cholla Trail is closed. We’ll try Echo Canyon Trail which is more difficult but serves the purpose. Tired already, haha!
      Last edited by techie; December 15, 2021, 05:55 PM.
      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends! Busy day today with monthly project reviews, and early this month due to the holidays. So nothing but spreadsheets, performance curves, cost curves, margin calculations, and everything else that I did little enough of in my old position that I could stomach it. Now it is just overwhelming, and honestly we spend an incredible amount of time talking about things that don't even move the needle. One of the things I enjoyed about being out in the field was that we all had good filters and didn't feel we had to talk about things that didn't really matter in the long run. It was efficient, logical, and enjoyable.

Heavy winds here today and we had close neighbors on either side get hit with some pretty large hail. My truck was outside because of the Bronco saga. Bronco saga: my 16 year old is driving my old Bronco, which is fine, one can learn a lot by driving a 45 year old truck. But, the starter was starting to go, so the bendix gear would not engage sometimes, so in frustration he locked the keys in the cab. So after my long day of gut wrenching corporate BS, I had to feign being disgruntled about having to jimmy the truck door open with a coat hanger, finesse the starter to start the truck, pull it into the garage, pull the old starter, and put a new one in. I enjoyed the heck out of it.

Anyway, the sun set again on another day of sobriety. The urge fighting is becoming manageable. I'm starting to forgive myself a little bit and dust myself off.

I will be very happy to have another 24 please and thanks. I hope everyone had a wonderful Wednesday.

Comment

Good morning cafe!

I'm in for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

We've been having a spate of above normal temps and I've been enjoying it!

24 more please and thank you.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:38am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Waking up to ducks quacking on our little pond and warm temps. Big Al, so glad you are doing better and have dusted yourself off. Staying sober during the holidays is a challenge for me but I am determined to do it. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Enjoy your warm weather folks! It's -32C (-26F) here this morning! And they are predicting this cold snap to last well past Christmas...
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cold here too Cowboy. I have the fireplace on and am enjoying a coffee while I read MWO posts, nice way to start the day.

While I don’t consider my culinary skills anywhere as good as Cowboy’s, yesterday I cooked a roast of beef, made mashed potatoes with very few lumps, peas, gravy and salad. It turned out well according to Mrs QW and to our son who, quite frankly, would have eaten anything after a 12 hour shift with no breaks at work!

Corporate BS Big Al? There’s a reason Scott Adams has lots of material with which to create Dilbert cartoons.

Off for another medical appointment this morning for Mrs QW, then another tomorrow.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Techie, I hadn't heard Camel Back is closed. Bummer. Glad you'll be with your buddies.

Oh lordy! -26.... I wouldn't no what to do in temps like that!

Hoping to get a call that our new digs are ready for delivery! Fingers crossed. I'll happily take another 24!

Comment

Waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
                          Techie, I hadn't heard Camel Back is closed. Bummer. Glad you'll be with your buddies.

Oh lordy! -26.... I wouldn't no what to do in temps like that!

Hoping to get a call that our new digs are ready for delivery! Fingers crossed. I'll happily take another 24!
                          It is Cholla Trailhead ONLY. We hiked the OPEN and slightly more difficult Echo Canyon trailhead. Up and down in three hours. Great time considering we spent 20 mins up top!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and holiday shoppers. Leaving for home tomorrow. Golfing today. The service is lovely yesterday. Heart wrenching for his family. So, it is with deep appreciation and gratitude that I accept another 24 hours of living better. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Comment

Geez QW, your description of the dinner that you made sure did make my mouth water! Sounds yummy!

Brrr...that's some chilly weather cowboy. It was 65°F here yesterday, and while I enjoyed the warm temps, it just doesn't feel like Christmas. We usually have snow on the ground by now, but instead we have mud. No fun when you have 3 dogs!

Humbly asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Hope those in the freezing cold zones stay warm and cozy. Wishing everyone an AF day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X