No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope your travel day is a safe one [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] and any storms bypass you! Make your plan and stick with it and you'll come out the holiday season happy!

We'll be having a quiet Christmas as well. We have a Zoom get together with all the kids on Christmas Day around lunchtime and Bubba's Mom will spend the day with us. We get each of the kids a box of chocolates and an Amazon gift card and Bubba and I exchange one gift and that's about the extent of our Christmas. Won't be any big turkey dinner, will probably be a simple ham and potatoes meal which will be just fine for the 3 of us.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Safe travels to you Rava! And I know you can navigate the waters of the family get-together without alcohol. I'll be sending positive thoughts your way. For me, those particular events are relatively easy to get through. Where I tend to have more problems is the return home. I have a tendency to store up resentment and anxiety from all that exposure to drinking situations and I get home and drink! I'm glad I am not travelling or even having anyone in this season aside from our son and grandkids as I am struggling more than usual lately.

Techie, I am glad Mrs. T is on the mend and I hope you are getting better too. Sending positive thoughts your way.

BigAl, well done on another day! You might as well just enjoy with gratitude that is was an "easy" one. But do keep an eye out!

Oh! I picked up my new glasses yesterday and I love them! They are light as a feather and they make everything come into focus so much better! Tomorrow I go for my dental check up. Not looking forward to that, but it is a necessary evil!

24 more for each and every one of use here, please and thank you.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cross post, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! We're doing the same as you: ham and potatoes...and something green. Pumpkin pie for dessert. I think my potatoes will be in the form of a hashbrown casserole. Whatever we don't eat (which will be a lot) will be frozen in individual servings for future meals. I LOVE hashbrown casserole!
        Last edited by dill; December 21, 2021, 07:40 AM.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, hash brown casserole is a favourite in our house too. Our family all like it and it goes with just about everything.

Tomorrow is my grandson’s 9th birthday. I’ve been invited to the party which will just be 6 of us, all at least double vaccinated. Laser tag was the highlight of the kids party last Saturday.
          I have reservations about being together indoors as Mrs QW can’t afford to get Covid. I’ve also been invited for Christmas Day. The menu is turkey, ham and side dishes all prepared by our sons employer. He mentioned yesterday they’ve exceeded sales expectations again this year. For a small family owned business, they cater over 100 meals. Having the meal prepared makes for less stress and more family time, so totally worth it.

We have a meeting today with a nutritionist and hopefully will learn if dietary changes might improve Mrs QW’s health. Hope so.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Tuesday!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and shoppers. We are doing much better. It is with deep gratitude that I accept another twenty four hours of quality living. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends! [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], safe travels and willing you all of the power I can to resist the beast during your stay. You've got this. [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I am the same way. If I have time to prepare, and am around other people, I will do pretty well. It is the return and the solitude that is the toughest; the release of it all. You are also correct in that I should allow myself to enjoy a bit of ease. I am in just so extraordinarily gun shy from my relapse that I don't know how to feel anymore. I am defaulting on one day at a time. I figure if I can cover that, the rest will sort itself out in time. [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], you mentioned something that I chuckled at the other day. My wife and I come from two very different places when it comes to Christmas gift recognition. My family (and I'm talking extended family, the whole shebang) never wrote thank you cards, or phoned, or wrote, or any other form of recognition. I didn't even know it was a thing until I was dating my wife. Her family, on the other hand, has an almost ritualistic approach to thank you cards. We are probably both wrong and somewhere in the middle is probably sane! [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I'm glad you both are feeling better, may you pass through it all with ease.

As for me, the sun has yet again set upon a sober day, and I am grateful. I had an appointment with my therapist this morning and she is helping me to lend myself a bit of grace, latitude, and forgiveness. For some reason it has been exceedingly difficult. I need to shake it though, it is a solid crack through which unwanted whispers could pass. As long as I can do tomorrow what I did today I will be fine. I'm not worried about the holiday, or the idle time off work, I am only concerned with tomorrow. So, may you all have a wonderful Winter Solstice, and I will humbly ask for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

We going to crosspost again today [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] lol. We'll probably have mashed potatoes but the casserole sounds like a great idea! Of course we'll also be having perogies, holupchi, and kutia for desert. Not sure how to spell the English version of Ukrainian foods haha.
                    Last edited by abcowboy; December 22, 2021, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Mr. J and I are having ham and potatoes for Christmas dinner as well this year. Yum!

Looking forward to another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Thanks for all the words of encouragement. I think i will do fine and like you Dill, my biggest problem is coming home and drinking alone when its over. Thats my weak point. The hidden part of addiction. Our plane trip was uneventful which was good. I did see a guy in a full out hazmat suit in the airport. He had a helmet with a bubble too. Very strange. Well after my coffee Im up to play with the boys and maybe go to walmart. Wishing everyone a great and sober day! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A mild day before we head into a deep freeze with snow until next week. In about 2 weeks though we’ll notice that daylight hours are increasing.

Big Al, up until last year I used to give my nephews and nieces gift cards for Amazon or Netflix and those were always acknowledged. Last year was the first time I made a charitable donation in their names. Others thought it was a good idea and sent thanks.
                          We were taught, and brought up our boys to always, always, pass on thanks for any gift they received, including doing so before cashing a cheque.

Last evening I received an email from Alberta Health saying that we cancelled our appointments to get Covid booster shots tomorrow. Nope, we definitely did not. I’m currently on hold with Alberta Health to find out what happened. After considerable time and effort last evening I was able to book new appointments but not for 2 weeks. Again, I’m not impressed.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Wednesday everyone!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I can't believe it's almost Christmas! Almost 100% settled in the new digs. I had to take down decorations to move in so haven't gotten this home decorated yet. Not sure I'll bother now. I'll just pipe Christmas music through the house! 24 more!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and holiday shoppers. Yes, almost Christmas and Mr & Mrs Techie are on hold awaiting baby. Other daughter expected to deliver on the 31st. We are packed and ready to go. We realized we won’t be able to go to hospital due to COVID restrictions but we have hotel booked for a month. We will head over after other daughter arrives on the 28th. So, special Christmas gift awaits us this year. So, it is with love and deep gratitude that I accept another 24. I wish you all the best possible. Many blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Working...
                                X