Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
    I know this will pass, and I think it may be related to PAWS. I also know that in no way would alcohol make it better. I would merely start the whole process over if I were lucky enough to survive another relapse.
    That's very possible. It took me about 5 months to get over the worst of PAWS but even now it feels like a lot of days my brain chemistry is still a little unbalanced. And yes, you're absolutely right, going back to drinking would maybe provide relief for a day but almost certainly cause PAWS to get worse again for weeks or months; and no one wants that. So hang in there.
    Last edited by Mulburry; May 28, 2022, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the reviews on Downton Abbey dill. I may have to check it out!

Hang in there Ginger, and stay strong! My sisters are coming for a visit in July, and both like their wine very much. I live in the Finger lakes region, which had an abundance of wineries, and I'm sure that they will want to check them all out. I'm already thinking about how much fun it would be to join them in doing wine tastings, but at the same time, I don't want to blow my sobriety. Looks like I'll likely be the designated driver!

One day at a time, and on this day, I choose not to drink!

Comment

Good idea volunteering to be the designated driver, Jude. It's so sad that such a happy event as a family visit has to be marked with internal struggle. You can get thru it! and [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], that goes for you too! Wishing you both well and also wishing you both a good time with family.

It's going to be a beautiful day here. It will be a good day to be outside.

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:57am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's time for some breakfast bagels!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Geeze, it took forever to log in today, but the site seems to be working fine now. I packed up everything in the camper last night and came back to Veg. I might have to slip back out this morning to finish up the last 40 acres or so then move the rig back to the yard, but for all intents and purposes, seeding season is done for another year!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Stay strong Ginger, you can do this. Jude, having wine loving friends and family can be tough on us. For that reason, I haven’t seen my brother and his family for 5 years. I never really understood the term functioning alcoholics until I realized it applied to them. We talk regularly on the phone but they haven’t made the effort to travel 800 kms, about 500 miles, to see us in 9 years and I don’t want to put my quit in jeopardy with people who drink way too much.
                I don’t mind being the designated driver. Free non-alcoholic beverages plus you do an invaluable service by seeing your friends get home safely.

Thanks for brekkie Cowboy and congrats on getting seeding done. I hope weather cooperates and there’s a bountiful crop in the fall.

Have a great af Sunday everyone.

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. You guys are the best. One night down and one more to go. I hope for another 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Ginger supporters. Wonderful breakfast , Cowboy. Still a bit down in the Techie household but it’s only temporary. So, with bittersweet memories but deep deep love, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Glad you're done with the spring planting Cowboy! You can take it a bit easier for a while. Thanks for that awesome breakfast!
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Happy Memorial day cafe! It looks to be a hot, muggy day here, so dinner will be something cooked on the grill. Yum!

Looking forward to another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

On this Memorial Day, grateful for another day. 24 more for all of us please.

We remember.
                          Last edited by dill; May 30, 2022, 05:41 AM.
                          Dill

Comment

5:17am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good job [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], just get through today and you've done it! I know you'll have the same success when your time comes [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]!

Thanks for the video [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! A reminder about things to be grateful for and to take one day to thank not only our military personnel, but all first responders for putting their lives on the line for us and our freedoms that we so often take for granted...

Comment

Good morning and Happy Memorial Day. I tried numerous times to log on yesterday and could not do it. So glad to be able to connect today. Ginger you got this!! Wishing everyone a great a sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X