Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Humbly asking for 24 hours, please.
    "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
    “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

There you go Marylou, just got'er all hooked up and functional! Whipped cream is in the dairy cooler..

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

24 more for me please.

Comment

“The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed.”

6:40am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] [MENTION=22391]idefineme[/MENTION] abcowboy
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

6 am in Vegas another 24 please ooh and I want one of those yummy coffee's Marylou got!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Saturday everyone! 24 more please and thank you!
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

This morning I was telling Bubba about the posts on wine being served at the beauty salons and asked if that happens when she goes to get her hair cut. She just laughed and said she doesn’t even get offered coffee lol. We had a good discussion about it, how alcohol consumption is becoming more and more common in everyday life. She added that she thought maybe wine was probably offered in the more expensive salons in the bigger centres like Lloydminster and Edmonton. She wondered what y’all pay for a cut and blow dry? She usually doesn’t change her hairstyle or colour, just gets a cut/trim and dried and that costs her $40. She cuts my hair so it doesn’t cost me anything, well not directly anyway lol, LBR style, ½” guide from October to May, ¼” guide for spring and summer lol.

So guys and gal’s, Bubba would like to know what it costs you, and what refreshments are offered?

Comment

The clouds are amassing here in Jersey at 11:13 on this Saturday morn. Room temps in the great outdoors. I'll take another 24 please!

Like you, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I just grab the trimmer (though I skip the guide since i have no hair to begin with lol) and just get it done though it's me doin' it. Haven't paid for a cut in over 5 years now. Save on shampoo and combs/brushes as well. (no fuss, no muss and no bed head.) :happy2:
                  “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                  Newbies Nest Roll Call
                  Toolbox
                  Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Pauly - this is so heart wrenching. My heart goes out to you and your family. To lose a son or brother this way must be devastating. We believe our family must know we are there for them - but also know how alone they must feel to have reached this point. As alcoholics ourselves we understand the isolation that comes with it. :hug:s

About 10 years back my grandfather(in his 80's), living in a retirement home after my grandmother passed shot himself. He did not have a problem with alcohol but rather it was difficulty in handling the inability to handle things in his old age. One of my brothers who lived nearby helped with the rental properties but he had a loan that he was carrying on a property that was posing difficulties. Sorry to ramble.

Comment

Hey cowboy - I believe a cut and dry runs $65. Color is definitely a big chunk more. I know that there have been many times that I had an appt around 2 or 3 and that is definitely a bad time to start drinking! They do offer tea & coffee as well.

Comment

I have a spacey brain this morning! But, I made my day 1 and am on to day 2
                        I ate my huge piece of grocery store chocolate cake, took a Gaba and slept like a log!

So, another 24 please.

Comment

I am low maintenance and don't really like spending on things like hair. I generally go to an outfit called Great Clips and get a cut and blow dry for $11.99 plus tip. That's the cost of a "senior" hair cut. I think it's $13.99 for everyone else. I don't color my hair anymore but when I did used to do that, I just did it myself at home.

Definitely no amenities at the Great Clips, just speed and a good price!
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Ssd,very sorry to read that I guess people who choose to commit suicide do it for all sorts of reasons,its just really hard for us left behind to understand Cowboy,I work at a chop shop so our haircuts are $8 to $14 el cheapo place but we do a lot in a day,the only way to make money
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I spend about $60 on a cut, dry and style. Between the couple of places I like to go, there is always coffee and water at least, sometimes tea. Nothing stronger. I know there are salons in the cities here that have booze, but I've never gone. I'm sure they're not cheap!

I'll take another (that's right, I said another!) 24 hours, please.
                              "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
                              “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

“To be the best, you must be able to handle the worst.”

6:35am in Alberta, another 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] [MENTION=22391]idefineme[/MENTION] abcowboy

Way to go idef and ssd! Just remember what I always say, the rest of your life comes to you one day at a time!

Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there!

Bubba says thanks everyone! She said she doesn't feel like she's getting ripped off anymore lol.
                                Last edited by abcowboy; June 18, 2017, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X