~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

34 more for me please. The site was a little wonky for me yesterday, no thank, like buttons, and I tried to post a couple of times, and things didn't go through. Looks like things are fixed now. Grateful for that, and for all of you.

Comment

I meant 24, but, what the hell, I'll take 34. Means I can sleep in tomorrow,lol.

Comment

Haha Mr V I've asked for 25 more accidentally before but more is better anyways another 24 all around please and extra coffee too pleez
        Last edited by paulywogg; June 14, 2017, 07:15 AM.
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

“You are far too smart to be the only thing standing in your way.”

6:45am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks..

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22391]idefineme[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] abcowboy
          Last edited by abcowboy; June 14, 2017, 08:04 AM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I was going to put this on my daily check-in post, but it would have made me have to change the time because I type so slow lol. But I wanted to say something in regards to what [MENTION=22391]idefineme[/MENTION] said, about the people who post here and being in such great company. As Pauly says, my friends. And that is what you all are to me, friends. I look forward to logging on each morning and seeing what everyone's been up to, getting a smile and chuckle from something someone said, what a great way to start the day! And yes, you can sleep in tomorrow Mr V! lol. I don't post much on the other threads, and have really been neglecting my own journal, but the Club, Café, and Gratitude threads are my home. And I can't think of any better place or any better people to spend my time with!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I feel the same way Cowboy,you worded it wonderfully

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I can only mirror those sentiments [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. Such excellent company! :happy2: I re-affirm my commitment for another 24 hours as a non-drinker because it is just too fine a day to do anything else! :victorious:

Something that I've been working on, still a work in progress but stanza two complete:

In the darkness before the fire,
                Out in the silence before the storm;
                Before the grim procession of time
                Whose unending march precedes the dawn
                The writ of life, light, of varied cast
                Released bated breath in gloried mass.

In a moment the fire erupts
                In a moment the long plains rush forth
                Till the endless horizon disrupts
                The dreamer’s ceaseless seas, tests the worth
                Of the moons aglow and stars ablaze
                And eyes first opened to mark the days.
                Last edited by Orimus; June 14, 2017, 09:22 AM.
                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                Toolbox
                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Another 24 (or 25) please in Calgary at 9:40 am. Just happy to have another day waking up Un Hung.

Thanks for the poem Orimus.

I will post more often on this thread. Talk to you soon Friends!
                  Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                  "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

I was really feeling kind of lost before I found this place. I've liked the feel of it from the first time I set foot inside! The coffee is always fresh and hot and the company is awesome! The staff are so friendly and make everyone feel welcomed.

24 hours more please, and thank you.

(I still miss Mario)
                    Last edited by dill; June 14, 2017, 11:35 AM.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Day 35 Missed a couple of days .Pretty tired atm but will have another 24 please

Comment

Another 24 for me please Cowboy. Love today's quote - goodness knows sometimes I can't get out of my own way!

Wonderful poem Orimus - you have a gift.
                        Last edited by Marylou123; June 14, 2017, 04:57 PM.
                        Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

That's strange, all the mentions I made this morning have disappeared?? Will have to watch for that tomorrow morning....

Comment

5:22 in Vegas another 24 porfavor

Comment

“Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill, and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.”

6:25am in Alberta, 24 more please and thanks..

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Okay, did my morning post, logged out, waited a few minutes, logged back in and this mornings mentions are still there. Not sure what happened yesterday, but yesterday is water under the bridge!

Great to have you back [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION], and still stringing those days together. Good work!!

I think from what I read over on roll call that [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] has chalked up 2 weeks! Congrats!

[MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION], good on you and hubs for working at making the relationship work, love is too important to let alcohol get in the way!

Hope everyone else has a great day, don't let the image get to you Pauly, but I have to admit it is a bit eerie!

Comment

Working...
                                X