~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Hey everyone. It’s great seeing some of you again here. Or rather, all of you!
    I am feeling better today and of course still sober. I have been working my tail off at work and everywhere else in life and I’m just not seeing results or appreciation. So it just seems to be snowballing for me right now. With that being said I am incredibly grateful to have all of you here and for being so supportive too means the world!
    Oh and Mr V. Congrats!!

10:02. Another 24 please !!

Comment

Big hugs to you again, Bri.. there's bound to be a break in the storm sometime soon. I hope you find at least a bit of time to pull back and find some balance. I definitely appreciate you and your strength and kindness..

It's 4:54 am here and I'm wishing I had the day off instead of knowing I have to work until 9 this evening!! egads. But tomorrow is Saturday and I'm fortunate to have an open slate this weekend. Here's to 24 more af hours for all of us!! xx

Comment

"All progress takes place outside the comfort zone." -Michael John Bobak

:hug::hug: [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION]. I know the feeling of not being appreciated, and the next step is resentment. That can eventually lead to a bad place if we let it! But you are wiser than that. Recently I have been in a rather sour mood. Nothing pleased me, everything was effort and I was miserable most of the time. I went to a retirement party for a friend. I was around people there who once were part of my life daily. They were smiling and pleasant and sharing their cheer. I let it revive my soul. I realized how far I was drifting into darkness and where it was leading me. I realized once again that it is up to me how I react and respond to life's events. I remembered the value of making that effort to "keep on the sunny side" So I've been turning myself back around, and back toward the light! (that phrase always makes me think of you, [MENTION=12303]treegirl[/MENTION]! Hope you had a good Thanksgiving.)

Good to see I am not the only one who is a tater tot lover, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!

24 more please
        Last edited by dill; November 24, 2017, 08:24 AM. Reason: added thought
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cloudy here in NY at 7:50.... another 24 please

Comment

6:25am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] @emyr3al [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION] abcowboy

Funny how a bit of time goes by and things don't seem as bad eh Bri! Sticking with our quit gives us the opportunity to see the light rather than dig deeper down into the darkness!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:27 am another 24 please
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please.

Surgery went well, awaiting lab results hopefully next week.

Bri, being unappreciated and taken for granted happened during most of my work life. The fact you’re dealing with the stresses of it af speaks volumes. Hang in there!

8:12 and another Chinook bringing warm temps! Yippeee!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

10:11 am here in Jersey on a bright and cold 42 f this Friday morning. Unfortunately no short week as we only get Thanksgiving day off. Committing to another 24!

Hope it was a great anniversary @Mr Vervil! 31 years is fantastic.

Hope everyone who was celebrating had a great Thanksgiving!

Not quite sure how to size the image unfortunately.
                  Last edited by Orimus; November 24, 2017, 10:23 AM.
                  “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                  Newbies Nest Roll Call
                  Toolbox
                  Cattleman Cafe

Comment

That was really nice to read, Orimus.. thanks! and you, Dill, for the great quote.. I do appreciate the daily quote here very much!
                    I finally googled "Chinook" so I know what you're talking about, QW! Glad to hear the surgery went well and I hope your recovery is quick!
                    It's 7:27 here on a rainy but quite mild morning. I am so Happy about the fact that I'm sober and am looking forward to 24 hours more..
                    For all of us, please!

Comment

6:00 am here in NY....may I have another 24 please? What's for breakfast Cowboy???

Comment

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

This quote has nothing to do with recovery or sobriety, but I just have always liked it and wanted to share the thought here. :happy2: When I used to have to go to work I found it tedious to listen to gossip and scuttlebutt in the workplace. I think that is when I came across this quote and it rang so true to me that I never forgot it.

QW, wishing you a speedy recovery! Glad things went well.

Slowly putting the house back in order after a couple of days of guests. It was a lot of effort , but SO worth it. I was grateful to be enjoying it all alcohol free. 24 more please and thank you.
                        Last edited by dill; November 25, 2017, 06:30 AM.
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Sorry I missed yesterday, things were a little hectic, and no privacy at the in-lwas.
                          Good to hear about the surgery QW.
                          Super busy today with work, gotta run
                          Thanks for the well-wishes!
                          24 more of peace for all of us please!

Comment

6:30am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] (by proxy) abcowboy

I wanted to add a bunch more, but running late this morning and have to head for Adam's right quick so I'll be back later. Can someone conjure up some breakfast for Jude, I see she's already in and hungry lol.
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:36 am in Vegas another 24 please
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another mild, sunny morning, temp about 5C. Just back from a 6km walk with my little buddy, a great way to start the day!

Another 24 hours please!!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X