No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:32am in Alberta, another 24 hours for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I finished up changing a boiler in a calving barn yesterday just in time, the weather is turning colder and 2 calves were born. Sounds like the new calves will start dropping hot and heavy for the next month or so for the farmer I did the work for. Next week I'll be changing out a heater in the processing area of a chicken barn, thankfully I don't know any hog producers lol.

And we're off to Sherwood Park tomorrow to help Adam get the new laundry room operational, then the four of us are headed to the Keg for supper! It's been so long since we've enjoyed a sit down meal at a restaurant.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. I don’t know how I missed check in yesterday. So busy with guests. Having lots of fun and staying busy all while sober! Yay. Techie, glad you got to meet your grand baby! I get it about living out of a suitcase tho. Ugh. We went on an airboat ride yesterday. Scared me to death. Not sure I would do it again. Hi to everyone and Happy Friday. This used to be my heaviest drinking day and would get up and start all over on Saturday night. UGH. Im actually glad those days are over. I am too old to recover. Another 24 please and thank you! Thankful for sunsets like these…….

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Looking forward to spending time in the kitchen today. After Bisquick wasn’t acting properly for a couple of days, it’s back on track now and we’ll have fresh sourdough bread to enjoy with the slow cooker stew I’m putting together for supper tonight.

Great photo Rava! I can almost hear the waves and smell the ocean. I bet there’s lots of fresh seafood close by.
          We have fond memories of spending Xmas on Hilton Head Island several years ago and enjoying fresh shrimp, 2 hours out of the ocean. First time I ever grilled shrimp and I can see why it’s such a popular meal in Australia.

Off for a walk before messing up the kitchen!

Have a great af Friday everyone.

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Friday to us all!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Dill, it was dot painting. We will do it again with a new group next week. I've only been doing it since getting to AZ. I taught myself using YouTube. ......

QW, sounds like a yummy day in your forecast!

Man o man, did we have wind last night! Luckily we knew it was coming and battened down the hatches ahead of it.

Saw this on Facebook and loved it! 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. I'm going to try to stay busy and focused on work today. I had a call from one of the execs in the company wanting to prop up a new department that will get me back into the field again. Not long duration trips, but nice 5-10 day trips. It will be mostly international. So I hope that pans out.

As for me I am just wading through the mud every day. But, I am sober. And I will humbly ask for 24 more hours of that sobriety.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and boiler workers. Beautiful morning on the coast. Visiting mom and baby today as well as making dinner for eight. Another variant to make life more interesting. This is beyond tiresome. So, with a mask on my face but joy in my heart, I accept another twenty four m. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Late check in here. Early star today taking my GF to her infusion treatment an hour away from here and before sun up.

24 hours pls and thank you!
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Love your positive attitude [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]. Yet another variant to deal with...sigh.

Glad that Biscuit is behaving himself QW. Sourdough biscuits and slow cooker stew...yum!

Cowboy, I don't know how you manage to work out in such cold weather. My previous job entailed working in many a cold barn, and I sure don't miss that!

BigAl, I hope that you can start working out in the field again with your company. The more positive things in your life right now, the better.

It's bitter cold again this morning at 0°F, but at least we are going to miss the Nor'Easter that's supposed to hit New England today. Some areas like Boston may get a couple feet or more of snow. Yikes!

With gratitude, I look forward to another 24 hours.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good morning cafe. Wishing everyone a safe and AF day! Another 24 for me please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Hope our Cafe friends in the east stay safe from that Nor’Easter. It’s been a strange winter. I read yesterday that usually snow free Vancouver has had twice as much snow as Calgary. Of course, winter is far from over and we’ll likely get stormy weather and surpass Vancouver’s snow accumulation total but in the meantime, we’ll enjoy our mild (so far) winter.

The sourdough bread turned out beautifully and went well with the slow cooker stew. Bisquick did a great job! While I was cleaning up after supper, I heard this strange noise - it was Bisquick overflowing the lidded jar!

We’re getting rid of a coffee table and 2 end tables this morning to free up some space in our living room. We’re giving the furniture to a family who can really use it.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Wow, it's cold this morning! -5F when I got up. (-16C)

Gratefully accepting 24 hours AF.
                              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Glad your bread turned out good QW waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day for us all!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X