~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

ABC, come on down to AZ and check out winters here. I bet a 3rd of our park are from Canada. We only shovel sunshine 🌞

I'll gladly take another 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. It's a light day today work wise. I'm going to go get my motorcycle from the house I own (but am not staying at) and put a carb kit in it this weekend (secondary jet is most likely plugged so it is running RICH with the choke on all the time). It looks to be warm enough not to freeze to death on a quick ride out to where I'm staying for now. But the garage is heated, and it will occupy a weekend with work I enjoy.
      [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I thought of you as I was in the city yesterday and saw a shop that dealt in model trains having a going out of business sale. If there is anything you are looking for let me know and I'll poke my head in and see if I can walk away with a steal!

Spending my time with acceptance of life on life's terms. Much upheaval and change. Change = Fear. Fear = Anxiety. Anxiety used to = drinking. Now anxiety just = anxiety. That's my math for today.

I will humbly and gratefully ask for another 24 hours of sobriety and wish everyone a wonderful Friday.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for the kind words about the biopsy results. Being af was definitely a help in awaiting the results.

Cowboy, you’ll find all kinds of things to do in retirement. Hobbies and the things we’ve always wanted to do, can now get done. We often wonder how things got done when I was working. Oh, by the way, the honey do list never goes away!
        And there are lots of volunteer activities to explore. With your vast life experiences, think of what you have to share. I found working with young offenders through our local youth justice committee was very rewarding and it was gratifying to see young people get some much needed guidance.
        I recall seeing a sign in a house we were considering buying. Retirement - twice as much husband, half as much pay. Should we order one for Bubba??

Speaking of honey do lists, on mine today is to organize the closet where the central vac lives. We don’t use the vacuum and the space can be better used.

Also, Bisquick is ready to make bread so that’s on the list for today too.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Don't rule out retirement based on a couple of cabin fever days, cowboy. I don't think you can get the feel of it based on a few days off, here and there. Retirement is a state of mind. I love being retired! I have the odd day now and then that is hard to fill, but not often. But, that's just me. To each their own. My brother (may he rest in peace) enjoyed his work so much that I don't think he had any plans of ever retiring. He'd be working today if he were still living, I'm sure of it!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and new retirees. I retired but I’m busier than ever. I call it transitionment. Off to play golf. It is with deep gratitude that I accept another XXIV. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Cowboy, I'm sure that you will stay busy after you retire. It is a little tough at first, and I felt kind of lost for awhile after I stopped working. I think the key is finding a routine, and taking up new hobbies after you retire. It's tough during the winter sometimes, but there are lots of things to do indoors.

Looking forward to another 24 hours and thank you!

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I think you may have something there [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] with retirement being a state of mind, I kept thinking that I should have been doing something. I do know one thing, we're going to have to keep the snack cabinet almost bare or else I'll need to do a lot more exercising to make up for the snacks I kept munching on lol. I suppose it's just as [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] said, it's something I'll have to get used to and get a new routine set up.

I would love to do more traveling [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] and that may come in time. Our traveling is limited though as Bubba gets air and seasick very easily and even gets carsick when we travel through heavy traffic, cities, or hills and mountains.

Thanks for the offer [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! My train set is in HO scale and I have most everything I need in actual trains except for a passenger train set. Mostly what I need right now are buildings and people figures in HO scale. I have all the buildings, trucks, and grain cars to finish off my grain handling area but at some time I'll have to start acquiring residential and commercial buildings.
                  Last edited by abcowboy; February 12, 2022, 07:45 AM.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I am humbly asking for 24 more. I know what to do and definitely need to stay on here. Retirement for me equals lack of structure which equals drinking. I do not plan on drinking today or starting that pattern that takes me down the drain. I am down but not out. Thanks for listening.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, your Cafe friends are here for you.
                      I treat retirement as the best job I’ve ever had. I’m accountable only to myself and Mrs QW. I do have some structure to my days, like walking first thing in the morning. I always include time through the day to read, do puzzles, listen to music and I’m having a great time making sourdough. Am I bored sometimes? Yup, but seldom and not for long. My volunteer activities have slowed thanks to Covid but that’ll change, and soon I hope.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Well shoot we hafta keep ourselves and minds busy if we're still working too,some of my biggest drinking years were while I was working the most days/ hours as possible so there's that,think I'm quitting that salon again,like I've mentioned the new owner is a shitshow(sorry Cowboy but it's the best way to describe her) honestly think she has a booze problem or is mentally unstable, I'm not making enough money and it's constant drama that has me praying to God on what to do,it's just not a happy situation and work environment should be somewhat happy or at least tolerable,waves to the gang and wishes for a fabulous AF Saturday!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Saturday all. Running late. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Pauly, I was thinking about which was harder: staying sober in retirement or while still working and for me it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other! I think I had more pressure to drink as an escape while I was still working. In retirement I have less I need to escape from and more time to figure out what I need to do for my wellness. So maybe for me, staying sober in retirement has been a little bit easier than when I was still working. I sure hope you can find a new situation that is more to your liking. I'll bet you will!

My daughter sent a Mardis Gras King cake yesterday by FedX. What a nice surprise! We divided it and shared it with some neighbors and of course the grandkids.

24 more please and thank you.
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and weekend lovers. Spring has sprung around here. While I know this will not last, will enjoy it while it lasts. Great round of golf yesterday. Dinner out this evening with friends. Life is good. So, with that all said, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe Friends. Early morning this morning and busy all day. Sitting in a little coffee shop drinking a way too expensive cup of coffee and eating a way too expensive English muffin with eggs over easy. But, I’m starting to be able to sit in my own skin and occupy my time with enjoyment.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. 24 more for me please and thanks. Hang in there [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], thinking of you.

Comment

Working...
                                X