Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Originally posted by dill View Post
    Mulburry, I too have been plagued with drinking dreams lately. And much like in life, the scenes are fraught with tension, guilt and general negative emotions. Like Jude says, waking up is a huge relief!
    Ya actually most of my drinking dreams have gone that way, where I realize what I've done in the dream, and have all the horrific feelings of having fucked up and fear of the consequences etc. They say that dreams are sometimes a way for our minds to prepare us for stressful situations, so these might in some ways be as much related to anxiety of the aftermath than cravings for drink itself. This latest one disturbed me more because I didn't have the aftermath effect, it was like the drinking itself was the relief (and it's weird to say but I even felt drunk in the dream). In any case, it goes to show the power this thing has over our lives. Just have to try to be absolutely resolute.

Sorry to hear that [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], that must be unimaginably tough.

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe Friends. [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I'm sorry to hear your news. The only thing I can do is keep you in my thoughts and channel positive vibes your way. There is no doubt in my mind that you will prevail. [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], I very rarely remember a dream period, but when I start to put some sober days behind me I will have a drinking dream or two. They are just as you and [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] describe. When I was in treatment there were folks there that were absolutely PLAGUED by drinking / using dreams. The counselors all said that it was a function of post acute withdrawal. But, who knows, everyone dreams differently in my experience.

It was a busy morning. My wife and I met for church (she likes the Episcopal church, I like the smells and bells), and then had brunch in the college town just up the road. It was excellent. I played trumpet professionally at some of the jazz clubs in between high school and college while we were dating. She sent me this, I thought it was funny:

With that, 24 more please and thanks.

Comment

4:57am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Wishing everyone a great and sober Monday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Good morning cafe!

Looking forward to another 24 hours!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We spent an enjoyable couple of hours outside with our kids and grandkids yesterday afternoon in mild sunny weather. It was great to see them. I wish I had the energy the grandkids have!

Two medical appointments today and then that’s it for the week. Yay!

I don’t remember having many drinking dreams but when I quit smoking, I had several very realistic smoking dreams. Waking up to find I had only just dreamed I was smoking was such a relief.

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. Thinking of everyone today and sending extra positive energy to both [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]. My good friend (and sadly probably my only real friend who I interact with in real life) sent me a text yesterday that he was in the hospital. He had been suffering through headaches recently and finally it was bad enough that he went to the hospital. A CT scan revealed a tumor on his brain. I think he is only 37 or so, wife and two kids. Holy crap.

Yesterday we walked around downtown in Lawrence, an excellent town, very artsy and musical. I spent my childhood roaming the streets and the shops of that town. In the alley I came upon some graffiti that i took a picture of. Most of the cities we have lived in were filled with graffiti, skulls, knives, negative imagery. Not in Lawrence, this is what you get painted on the wall:

Excellent. I hope everyone has the best Monday possible. I will ask for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Happy AF Monday all
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Love that graffiti, BigAl. With a grateful heart I ask for 24 more.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and lovers. Golfing this morning. I will run this evening with a doctor friend & neighbor. He wants to discuss my options with treatment. He had the doctor who did my cancer procedure last year in his med school class. I will not miss this opportunity. So, with birdies on my mind and gratitude in my heart. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Late check in for me today. No particular reason, just got busy around the house and posting slipped my mind. Anyway, I'm grateful to be here and chalking up another 24 with this fabulous group. :love:
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Saw this and thought I'd share...

Comment

Thanks for sharing Ginger!

Sorry to hear about your friend BigAl. It doesn't seem fair that cancer can spread in one so young. It sucks!

Grateful for so many things, especially my health.

I'm in for another 24 hours!

Comment

We are living in interesting times. I went to my local library yesterday as I often do. I could feel an excitement in the demeanor of the staff. I chatted with one of the librarians and came to find out that their mask requirement was ending the next day. They were so happy! So was I. As I was leaving I commented that I was looking forward to seeing them next time and being able to actually see their smiles again. What a difference a smile can make! (there are brain studies to support that statement) The library will be a brighter spot once again.

Another 24 for me and my friends here, please and thank you.
                              Last edited by dill; February 8, 2022, 07:03 AM.
                              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. Busy day today. I am going to go look at an apartment to rent during this odd time of separation. It is right by the middle school / high school campus, so I am almost guaranteed to be a waypoint after school for the kids. Reconciliation with my wife continues, but it will take time, time, time. It hurts, but I do think we will both come out stronger in the end.

So, in this day of cognitive dissonance and accepting reality, I will ask for 24 more please and thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X