~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. So sorry about your friend Big Al. Life is not fair sometimes…. Good luck in your apartment search. Techie, I hope your doctor friend gives you good advice as you exercise with him. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Off to my volunteer job this morning. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:34am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

So sorry to hear about your friend [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], news like that is never easy to take. Sounds like this apartment is just what you're looking for, let's hope it's just a temporary situation...

Thank you that quote [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], we often take for granted everything that surrounds us. And thank you [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] for the quotes that you share with us daily!

Not much news on my end. Getting used to the quiet here in the house and new routines, have to just stay busy when I'm at home so I don't miss him too much. We're enjoying some very warm temps right now, but paying for it with freezing rain every couple of days, but it melts off pretty quick.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It was nice to get out of the city for a few hours yesterday, even if it was for medical appointments. Both went well.

Big Al, sorry to learn your friend has cancer. I hope he receives the care he needs.

Techie, hope you were able to get lots of information and advice from your doctor friend.

Bisquick is going wild again. It overflowed the jar it lives in twice this week so I think I’ll make bread today.

I’m a news junkie but have not watched or listened to any recently because I am quite frankly sick & tired of everything Covid, and seeing the protests going on in our country, fueled by foreign interference. Our elected leaders have all spoken out about what they think should be done but it seems nobody is doing anything about it. Very disheartening.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone. Stay safe, stay well.

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Sending good vibes to all that are struggling with health issues. My heart goes out to that young man with a brain tumor.

24 more all around!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those in need of a hug. Great quote, Cowboy. When we can clear our judgements and heal our unresolved issues, we can live from our whole selves, which is pure love. BTW, I had an awesome round of golf yesterday. Chilly start but wished for shorts at the turnaround. My MD friend wants me to completely eliminate red meat, sugar, and get back to a total plant based diet. I have always struggled with this. We eat very cleanly at Casa Techie. We spend the extra $ to buy organic and grass fed, but I will try plant based again. He told me my Dr @ Stanford is one of the best and he was see him given a similar diagnosis. So, I’ve got work to do. With that, and lots of lovin and living to do, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

I’m so happy you are making good decisions, albeit difficult ones, to fix yourself and your family [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION].

Last edited by techie; February 8, 2022, 01:19 PM. Reason: Added quote
              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

4:57am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Wishing everyone a sober day. Raining here in sunny Florida. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Is it ever nice to walk in warmer weather and 14 C, 57 F, means barbecue! However, the lack of moisture is a concern to everyone heading into planting season.

After a fall on ice two weeks ago, I ordered walking poles. I tried them yesterday for the first time and what a difference they made. I bought the poles from a small, family run business and received the best customer service I’ve had anywhere in ages. With all the slowdowns, cut backs, supply chain issues, great customer service can still be given.

Off for a walk followed by grocery shopping.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Cold and windy here, but at least the sun is shining. Grateful for that.
                      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], our mask mandate ends today in this area, due to covid cases declining. Not sure if the world will ever be "normal" again. Sure hope so...

Mr. J is an avid ham radio operator, and last night he was talking to a man from Australia. Very cool, and I loved hearing the accent.

Looking forward to another 24 hours and thank you!

Comment

Happy AF Wednesday to us all
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. I appreciate the support. Everything has a very surreal, washed-out feel to it. Looking at the apartment yesterday landed a sense of finality and tangibility that was difficult to process. But, at least I am processing instead of running and hiding in previous detrimental coping mechanisms. I have run to the bottle for so long that I think I have an almost adolescent ability to deal with feelings and let them blow up into such major things that impact my day. Like a high schooler where the sky is falling all the time. It's embarrassing to think of myself this way in my mid-life. But, honesty must be my foundation, balance must be my foundation. My sponsor says it's the "paradox of strength through defeat". It certainly feels that way.

My friend Joe made it through surgery yesterday. It is apparently a very aggressive form of brain cancer and he will start chemotherapy immediately. The biopsy results will dictate the details of his regimen. I'm just glad he's alive. That would have been major blow to lose that kind of friend amidst this churn and turmoil.

I hope everyone has a great day, and I will very humbly ask for another 24 and reflect on my gratitude for the 40 some days that I have been sober since my last devastatingly apocalyptic relapse.

Comment

So happy your friend made it through surgery, BigAl.

Hope we all have an easy AF day. 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those making positive life changes. Continued prayers for Joe, [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. Another gorgeous day ahead. I could get use to this. Of course, more wintery weather is ahead. Today is a day of contemplation and planning. Diet, exercise, and staying focused on my health. I remember when my boss moved me from New York then six months later to Phoenix and a year later to Orlando. He said, make change your constant companion. That mind set creates resiliency. So, with a positive mind set, love and gratitude, I fully accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

I'm glad your friend made it thru the surgery ok BigAl. I'm so sorry he has to go thru all this. And I am sending you positive thoughts too. You are going thru some pretty heavy stuff right now, but you seem to have just the right attitude.

Jude, Mr. D and I also have our ham licenses! We haven't been active with it for a few years now though. How cool that Mr. J was talking to someone in Australia! It's funny you mentioned whether or not we will ever get back to "normal". I think it will happen without our noticing, but it will happen! I'm glad your friend made it thru the surgery ok BigAl. I'm so sorry he has to go thru all this. And I am sending you positive thoughts too. You are going thru some pretty heavy stuff right now but you seem to have just the right attitude.

Jude, Mr. D and I also have our ham licenses! We haven't been active with it for a few years now though. How cool that Mr. J was talking to someone in Australia! It's funny you mentioned whether or not we will ever get back to "normal". I think it will happen without our noticing, but it will happen. I was at a restaurant for lunch with Mr. D and my friend who has been battling cancer. I looked around mid meal and wondered what felt 'different'. It was then that I realized the place was full and people were chatting and enjoying friendships and good food and it just felt NORMAL! Like pre-pandemic normal. I know anything can happen, and a new variant could throw us into turmoil, but for that moment.... I savored it.

Techie I know how hard it must be to face cutting out red meat. I also know you'll undertake the challenge with calm determination. You are in my prayers.

24 more for all of us here.
                                Last edited by dill; February 9, 2022, 01:28 PM.
                                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X