~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning and happy Sunday! Thanks for the breakfast Cowboy! Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Huge CONGRATS to you, QW!!! What an awesome milestone!

Ginger, thanks for the link to the walking poles, and the suggestion. I think I will get some! They look like something he could definitely use!

BigAl, I'm glad you are getting to enjoy family time. You must really miss that easy access. I hope things just get better and better for you, and I believe they will.

Cowboy, thanks for the breakfast. I debated whether to enjoy the low calorie mini version, or click on the image and have the regular. I was hungry, so I opted for the full size meal! LOL

24 more, please and thank you.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and lovers. Gorgeous day here and we pack up and head home. Techie is not going to miss his Monday golf foursome. No he is not. Thanks for breakfast, Cowboy. Please consider adding a vegan option for me. Haha. Normally, I would ask you to add more sausage. Wonderful to hear you had some family time, [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. So, with BA & QW with big stuff going on, I will accept another XXIV. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Thanks for breakfast yesterday cowboy!

Had a great time with out friends yesterday. They are both non-drinkers, so there was no temptation to imbibe!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Glad you had a good time with your friends, Jude! And it was a nice bonus that they are af!

I've been binge-watching Yellowstone, and what really stands out to me is how they include and normalize so much drinking. I know it is probably realistic, but it is just hard for me to watch. I go back and forth in my reactions in those scenes between wanting to join them and being repulsed by them! Over all, watching the series can be challenging to one's sobriety, IMHO.

But, for today, 24 hours!
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:21am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning cafe. My long awaited dining room table and chairs is arriving today. Yippee!! Mr R and I went out on a limb yesterday and ordered e bikes. I’m pretty excited about it. Today is my Zumba class. Trying to be more active and hope it lifts my mood with some exercise. Need a routine and going about doing the work! Wishing everyone a great and sober Monday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

There was a Yellowstone marathon on a month or so ago [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] and I watched quite a few episodes over the 3 days, lots of drinking and swearing for sure, but still a good series!

That pad of yours will really feel like home once you get the rooms filled [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! And speaking of exercise, I'd better get out of my chair and head to the kitchen for another cup of coffee lol.

Haven't actually decided what I'm going to do today, only one job on the board and I'll get at it sometime this week lol.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I forgot to mention that Bubba has a cousin who is a soldier in the Polish army. There's not very many relatives left in the Ukraine as most of them got moved into Poland when Germany changed the border back in WWII, but that's a story for another day. Anyway, Bubba's other cousin (sister to the soldier) lives in Edmonton and she is getting daily reports of what it's like over there. The cousin in Poland has the task of accompanying the trucks of "supplies" that land in Poland and have to get moved into the Ukraine where it is needed. It definitely doesn't sound good over there but no one is willing to give up and the patriotism shown by the Ukrainians should be admired by everyone the world over.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, I bet if you try the walking sticks, you’ll be buying a pair for you. I’m impressed with the workout you get from using them, a bonus on top of them helping sore joints.

Cowboy, it must be stressful for the family to see what’s happening in Ukraine. I wish more countries, including Canada, showed the level of patriotism shown by the people of Ukraine. Many elected officials are hopefully learning what leadership is all about.

Yesterday I sent an email to the resort in Mexico where we’ve stayed 4 times. I was less than impressed with a couple of things last time there and asked what they’re going to do if, and it’s a big if, we book another stay. They replied immediately and asked if they could phone today. It’ll be interesting to see what they have to say.

Have a great af last day of February everyone!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

It all just seems so pointless Cowboy,I'm proud of the Ukraine and its people,I'm irritated with Putin and his greed,especially since we all had to live and worry with covud for the past couple of years, dumber timing than ever! Waves tobthe gang and wishes for a great AF day for us all!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. Busy day today with a last minute client driven change. This particular client thinks its just a small thing, but it will take me most of the day and well into the night to complete by tomorrow morning. Ugh.

I humbly ask for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Yikes! Forgot to check in. 24 more!

Comment

Good evening Cafe friends and late night lovers. I was in medical appointments all day over in Palo Alto. I didn’t get home until 9:30 pm. So, I accept another 24. Hike to get back to normal posting time in the morning. Blessings x
                              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

I'd be grateful for another 24 hours please and thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                                X