~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning and wishing everyone a great and sober day. 1st day of March. A good time to start new things. Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
        I forgot to mention that Bubba has a cousin who is a soldier in the Polish army. There's not very many relatives left in the Ukraine as most of them got moved into Poland when Germany changed the border back in WWII, but that's a story for another day. Anyway, Bubba's other cousin (sister to the soldier) lives in Edmonton and she is getting daily reports of what it's like over there. The cousin in Poland has the task of accompanying the trucks of "supplies" that land in Poland and have to get moved into the Ukraine where it is needed. It definitely doesn't sound good over there but no one is willing to give up and the patriotism shown by the Ukrainians should be admired by everyone the world over.
        I deeply admire the courage of the Ukrainian people. I pray for their safety and that they somehow triumph over the evil of this invasion. Our former neighbors were Romanian immigrant, but they have since returned to their homeland and their family. We are still in touch. The wife tells of the plight of the Ukrainians fleeing the conflict and how desperate they are. She says many are trying to enter Romania.

24 more for all of us.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

The war in Ukraine is heartbreaking. I wish there was more we could do for the people there. Prayers

Hope we all have an easy AF day. 24 more.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Just back from a walk on sidewalks with lots of ice. Not fun.

I contacted the all inclusive resort in Mexico where we’ve stayed a few times, to ask some questions about our last experience, prior to booking another trip there. The reply I received was less than satisfactory so we’ll be looking at other resorts. We always book a premium room plus we don’t drink alcohol so I assume they make money from our stay.

Most Covid restrictions have been lifted in Alberta as of today. We’ll be sticking with mask wearing, social distancing, and other precautions until medical experts say it’s safe, not that I don’t trust politicians!

Have a great af 1st of March everyone!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Ukraine supporters. Awesome run this morning. I’m feeling really good w/o the meat and sugar. I can do this. So, with deep appreciation for my healing body and love in my heart, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe Friends. Well done [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] on sticking to your new dietary regimen. I am happy to report that after 62 days of not seeing or speaking with my 16 year old son, we reconnected yesterday afternoon. Funny enough, he got my 78 Bronco stuck in a mud hole and I was the only one who could pull him out. We ended up talking for several hours. It was absolutely wonderful to regain that connection. Looking back, it is so obvious how devastating alcohol was to myself and those around me. I'm so glad I'm sober.

With that, I will ask for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

4:57am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That's really great, BigAl. I'm happy for you.:heartbeat:

24 more please and thank you.
                    Last edited by dill; March 2, 2022, 06:58 AM.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I'm up a bit early today as I have to meet the wholesaler delivery truck in Mannville this morning to pick up some material then off to install a water conditioner. Looks like I'll have a date with the snow shovel when I get home this afternoon.

That is good news [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], hopefully there'll be lots more days like that in the near future!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends! Big Al, your story is awesome. This is not only great for you but your son! Keep up the good work! Heading back to the gym today. Going to try to go 3 days a week. Wishing everyone a great day! Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. Good day yesterday. I have a refreshed focus at work and am hitting my stride, to the point where even my boss commented on my work. When I went to treatment he asked me what was really going on and I told him the truth. He let on that he is 30 years (or so) sober and understands my fight. it's nice to have a boss who tells me to quit working because he doesn't want me to miss an AA meeting.

Anyway, for as crazy as my life is currently, things are going about as well as they could. I am guessing it has everything to do with the fact that I'm sober, and maybe a little bit of mindfulness sneaking back in to my thinking.

24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

That's great news BigAl about reconnecting with your son! Your mind seems to be in a good place right now, thanks to staying af. Keep it up!

QW, most of the covid restrictions have been lifted here as well, and today even the kids won't have to wear masks at school. I bet that they are happy about that!

Yes, the invasion of Ukraine is heartbreaking, and it makes me even more grateful for everything in my life. I can't imagine what it must be like for so many people over there right now. :concern:

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Big Al, I’m glad you got together with your son. I hope you’re able to keep getting together regularly.

Still no response from the resort in Mexico, good thing there are lots of other choices. I simply don’t understand how or why any organization would let a long time client take their business elsewhere when, with little effort on their part, they could have retained our business.
                              It doesn’t matter what a business does or makes, every single one is in the people business and if you don’t look after people, employees and customers, you won’t succeed.
                              In my last job, twice a month when I gave out paycheques, I’d say thank you. The staff made me look good to my Board, they treated our clients well and they felt valued (because they were!). I could only be as good as they let me be.

There was a very emotional performance of the Ukrainian and Canadian national anthems prior to the start of a hockey game in Winnipeg last evening performed by a mens choral group. The applause from the audience was long and loud.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

BigAl, that's wonderful about your son!

Happy hump day! I'll take 24!

Comment

Working...
                                X