No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:25am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Time to rustle up some breakfast!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe Friends. Wow, I didn't realize we had so many apiarists on the forum. Bee keeping is something I have always wanted to try my hand at. We have a lot of acreage and a lot of natural wildflowers at the farm that would make for a great place to try.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Slipped last night. I feel fine but I wish I could get my sh!t together for good. This is ridiculous. Headed over to the toolbox.

Have a good Sunday all. 24 please!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for that breakfast Cowboy! You’ve got all my favourites there.
            Cowboy, you should think of getting into the honey business, a perfect activity in retirement. We love honey and have a few small producers we support.

It looks like the rain and thunderstorms are going to hold off for a bit so a walk is planned.

Have a great af Sunday everyone. Ginger, stay strong! ODAAT.

QW
            Last edited by Quit wining; June 12, 2022, 07:43 AM.
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Ginger, you know what to do! Definitely head over to the toolbox, as there's some great advice in conquering the beast!

Cowboy and BigAl, you should both get into beekeeping. It's a great hobby, and with the bee population declining, the more hives people start, the better. Yes dill we do use a smoker to help calm the bees. We were able to split the hive, and now half of the bees are enjoying their new home
              !
              Looking forward to another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I think I'll pass on the beekeeping lol, leave it up to those who know what they're doing!

Keep coming back [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], you got this!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Don’t let the fact beekeeping is something new dissuade you Cowboy. Shortly after buying my first good camera, I got a call from a man who had seen some of my wildlife photos. He was getting married and couldn’t find a photographer. I gave him a few names to call but told him I wouldn’t see them stuck. He didn’t mind the fact I hadn’t shot a wedding before. I was terrified when he called a week later and asked me to do his wedding. Talk about being outside my comfort zone! I did the wedding, the couple loved their photos and I discovered I enjoyed the work. Over 150 weddings later, I had acquired some expensive gear, had a great side gig and a job I liked better than my full time employment.

Calgary is getting a lot of much needed rain this week, supposed to be the expected total monthly rainfall in only 3 days. Hope it helps area farmers.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                    Last edited by Quit wining; June 13, 2022, 07:24 AM.
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for always having my back. I downloaded an audio book about the affects of AL on the mind/body and really listened to it. It was a good reminder. With a renewed resolve, I ask for another 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. I hope everyone has a great start to the week and I will humbly ask for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Had my annual mammogram today. Glad that's done!!

My brother and his wife are coming on Wednesday and will stay with us one night on their way to Cleveland to see her mother who is in a dementia unit. I know it will be a difficult visit. Her mother barely remembered her last year when they did the trip. It's a long way from Baton Rouge, LA to Cleveland, Ohio! I am grateful tho that they will be making the trip because we love seeing them and might not otherwise have had the opportunity.

Wishing you all a good and sober Monday. 24 more for all of us, please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Oh dear lord! I just saw on Facebook that Pauly's hubby passed away on the job today. My heart breaks for her. There's a gofundme page, if anyone wants to donate. 😢

Fundraiser by Kellie Whittle : Please help my family during this difficult time

Comment

I saw the Facebook post too & made a donation. This is very sad for Pauly & her family.
                              Prayers for all.
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Ginger, thanks for posting, i have made a donation also. It is such a sad time for Pauly and her family. My thoughts are with you Pauly at this time.
                                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                                X