No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:23am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yes, good luck with the treatments [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], your attitude will go a long way in a positive end result!

Finished up my big job yesterday, now to head to the farm today and unload my truck. A couple of small jobs for Thursday and then I'm not sure when I'll work next. But I do plan to stay busy around the house and my shop could use some cleaning and straightening out lol.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

We had to let our kitty Pearl go yesterday. She had kidney failure and she went down hill so fast. Our hearts are broken.

It's a good day not to drink.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
          We had to let our kitty Pearl go yesterday. She had kidney failure and she went down hill so fast. Our hearts are broken.

It's a good day not to drink.
          I’m so sorry, Ginger. I know the pain having recently gone through putting our dog Maddie down. Prayers, hugs and light to you and yours!
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

So sorry, Ginger! I know how much joy Pearl brought you. My heart goes out to you.

Thinking of you and wishing you strength, Techie.

Late check in for me today. We were up and out early today to go visit Mr. D's brother and wife. It was a good day and was a good day not to drink!
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Ginger, I'm so sorry about Pearl. I've had many cats that died from kidney failure, and it's truly sad how quickly they go downhill. :hug:

I'm currently reading a book called Being Sober, and it does seem to help with the cravings that I've been having lately. It's based on doing the12 steps of AA, which I never thought I'd be interested in. Have any of you ever been to an AA meeting? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

Looking forward to another 24 hours of freedom.

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

So sorry to hear about Pearl [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], it's hard to say goodbye to our furry friends...

I did go to quite a few AA meetings in my first few attempts to quit drinking [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. I never got a sponsor or worked the 12 Steps as our home group wasn't really a 12 Step group, the group was more based on the Daily Reflections. It was a good experience as far as learning how others got sober and how they coped with daily life without drinking but because the group was so small it got quite repetitious, and it didn't seem to do me much good. But it did plant the seed in me that if others could get and stay sober, then so could I. AA has helped many, many people and I would never say that it doesn't work, it just wasn't for me.

Comment

Thank you everyone for the condolences. Man! I miss that girl and her purring in my ear. Such a soothing sound to me.

But still... it's a good day not to drink.

Comment

AA meetings are probably so varied it would be impossible to make a fair judgement. I think it also depends on where your head is at when you decide to try it. I went to one meeting but I wasn't really committed at that point so I didn't go back. I think in general having a support group and people to talk to that understand the struggle is a very good thing.

Sunny day today so I better get out while it's nice. A could front come through tonight.

A good day for 24 more hours of wellness.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe friends. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], thanks for the input regarding AA meetings. I'm considering doing online meetings as there are so many to choose from. Just feeling vulnerable lately, and I truly don't want to give up my sobriety.

It's been raining for days now, which is getting quite depressing. I think that a little gratitude is in order to help me stave off the negative feelings that I'm experiencing at the moment.

I'll gratefully accept another 24 hours of freedom.

Comment

If you do happen to try online meetings, I'd like to know what you think/feel about it after you've tried it for awhile, Jude, I think it's really good that you are tackling the cravings and negative thoughts head on.

Speaking of negative thoughts: I have to get two cavities filled today and I'm not looking forward to it! But I'll try to focus on being grateful that I have a good an competent dentist to go to and get them filled.

Techie, thank you for that lovely poem by Emily Dickinson. I hope all is going well with you.

24 more for all of us, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Techie, wishing you a successful outcome after your radiation therapy is completed. Your positive attitude is over half the battle!! GINGER so sorry about Pearl. That is never easy. We are talking about doing the same thing with our dog who suffers from dementia. Hard to watch this. Wishing everyone a sober day! 24 more for me please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X