Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]

Sincere condolences on your loss. Sending you strength and white light.

Stirly :hug:
    Last edited by stirly-girly; June 16, 2022, 04:01 AM.
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

5:19am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Spent the night feeling terrible with a horrible sore throat.. Probably picked up something in the airplane where they herd you like cattle. Hope everyone has a great day. Still thinking of you Pauly. QW the money pit sounds correct. I hope we are done with repairs. Our last major expense is windows which have been ordered but take until November to arrive. Another 24 for me please and thank you. Rainy and dreary day ahead.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We’re to get a reprieve from the rain and high winds today, in advance of several more wet days.
          We bought plants and a large hanging basket at a nursery yesterday and almost every plant over 3’ tall had been blown over in the 95km, almost 60 mph, winds. Staff were busy cleaning up the mess.
          A resident of our building spotted me carrying the hanging basket and told me we weren’t allowed hanging baskets. I know, it’s in the 17 pages of rules. The basket is going on a table on the balcony. I love having neighbours, many of whom have nothing to do and all day to do it!

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, that would drive me nuts and it's a short drive!

Rava, sorry to hear you picked up a bug.

Pauly, thinking of you nonstop.

I'll gladly take 24 more!

Comment

What a jam-packed 24 hours it's been with the company and activity. It was a wonderful visit though! I feel like this is the first quiet moment I've had in a couple of days. Everybody has left and I'm just catching up with you all. :love:

24 more for all of us, please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

The storms continued last night and there was even a tornado watch. Luckily none appeared, but it was still a little scary.

QW, sounds like your neighbors have nothing better to do than play at being the condo police. They would drive me nuts!

Enjoying the porch and looking forward to another 24 hours of freedom.

Comment

Good morning cafe. QW. There is always someone watching when you live in a condo. Right now most of the seasonal residents have gone back north so our community is a dead zone. Some might not like that but I kind of do. We will be going back to Florida the end of next month and it should still be quiet and empty. Hope everyone has a great Friday.. Last day of school for many children. We are staying in a dark and dingy rental and last night our neighbors were screaming at each other in the driveway. Very classy. I would bet money alcohol was involved. Well wishing everyone a great day.. Pauly thinking of you and hope you check in soon with your friends here. Another 24 please and thanks

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thank goodness it's another day that ends in "y" lol. I'm staring to like this not caring what day of the week it is! But I do have a couple of small jobs to do today so it'll get me out of the house for a bit and next week is looking a little busier for me as well.

We live in an older area of town and it's mostly older retired folks so it's a pretty quiet neighborhood. But it also means that everyone is always watching and you can't do anything without someone asking why lol. I still haven't gotten to know a lot of people, mostly just our immediate neighbor's and that's okay with me.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, wait until your new neighbours find out what a handyman you are. They’ll get friendly in a hurry.

Condo police. Love it Jude. Kind of like HOA folks who run roughshod over everyone else.

I saw my optometrist yesterday and was pleased my cataracts haven’t progressed nor are there any signs of macular degeneration, a condition that blinded my Dad.
                        They were even able to straighten my clip on sun glasses that went through the wash! The staff had a good laugh when I said they got Maytagged.

Have a great af Friday everyone.

Pauly, sending hugs.

QW
                        Last edited by Quit wining; June 17, 2022, 07:23 AM.
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good news about your eyes, QW. I had my cataract surgery two summers ago and I have dry eye now so bad I'm using gallons of eye drops! Restasis has done nothing to improve it. With all that said, put it off as long as possible!

Rava, that sucks about your rental. It's a crap shoot for sure. Our last sister trip, our place was next door to a homeless encampment. It was a perfect house. Just a sketchy neighborhood. One morning, I looked up to see a guy in our garbage bin. When he saw me watching through the window, he waved. I just waved back. :</

Hope we all have an enjoyable Father's Day weekend.

Enjoying another day of freedom! 24 more.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ &amp; another 24...

Very late check in for me!

24 please and thank you for all of us here.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Quit wining View Post
                              We’re getting lots of rain in Calgary too Cowboy. I drove my son to work yesterday and drove through a lake about 10” deep in front of his apartment. I read we’re getting the entire monthly rainfall in 48 hours.
                              I'm a little further west but this is the wettest coldest spring I can ever remember. That being said I'll still take it over last year's weather around this time when we had the record breaking heatdome.

Comment

After hearing about the condo nightmares, I'm so grateful to be living in our own house out in the country. What few neighbors that we have are fantastic, and help each other out when necessary. No HOA fees either!

Committed to another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X