~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Enjoying the lovely cool weather here. The fires back home are in full swing now. Heart breaking for sure.

Hugs and waves to all my Cafe friends! I'll take another day.

Comment

Yesterday Mr. J and I went to multiple garage sales and picked up several items for ridiculously low prices. One of the things that we bought was a tomato processor which takes out the seeds and skin. We have a bumper crop of tomatoes this year so it will surely be put to good use as we always make a lot of sauce. Yum!

Looking forward to another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

I am sure you must have had a good time at your cousin's celebration, Cowboy! Mr. D is a huge wings fan, too. Me, not so much. Do you find it easy to attend family celebrations without drinking?

Rava, did you find any good buys when you were out thrifting with your friend? I am so happy for you that you have found a good friend to share your daily struggle. I bet you both benefit from that friendship.

Jude, I have a machine that we bought for making sauce and salsa and we love it! We even bought an extra part called a berry screen that we use to filter out raspberry and blackberry seeds so we can make jellies and jams.

How's your beach get-away going, Ginger?

Techie, I hope things are going well in this phase of your treatment. Light and prayers going out to you.

Mr. D picked some nectarines yesterday and made us a pie yesterday. YUM! Grateful we also happened to have some vanilla ice cream in the freezer.

May we all be blessed with another 24 hours of freedom....the best thing we have to do for ourselves!
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:36am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good Sunday morning Cafe. I’m too early for breakfast! Sitting on my porch watching a big fish jump out of our pond. Yesterday at the thrift shop I got a beautiful sunflower picture and some glass bakeware for making brownies. Took my friend to lunch and had a great day until the summer storms rolled through. Today hubby and I are going to have a beach day. Wishing everyone a great and sober Sunday. I have also been watching sober tik tok which I find both interesting and informative. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

A late night last night, so a bit late with breakfast this morning...

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Garage sales, thrift stores, flea markets, etc. are great places to pick up hard to find things a great prices. Even not so hard to find things can be picked up for pennies on the dollar!

It was a very late night last night as we got home just in time for the fireworks at the fair. Did I mention we are only 1 block from the fairgrounds?? No going to sleep with all that noise, so decided to just watch them lol. The birthday/anniversary was a wonderful time. I should have taken some pics, but of course I didn't. There were the hot wings (deep fried in a turkey fryer) and smothered in Frank's Red Hot, numerous salads, pickles, noodles, pulled pork, and beef on a bun, and numerous desserts as well. To answer your question [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], being around drinkers doesn't bother me at all anymore. I can sit right next to them at a table and visit without being triggered. That wasn't easy in the beginning of my recovery, but as time passes, so does the drinkin' thinkin'.

Comment

Beach is lovely, weather is perfect and I feel so blessed to be here with my sisters and family!

I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and ABC breakfast devourers. Not feeling well but I’ll accept another XXIV. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Sounds like quite the feast cowboy! I wish that I were as comfortable you are around people that drink. It's still a trigger for me and I tend to avoid those situations. Thanks for breakfast yesterday.

Hope that you feel better today techie, I can't imagine what you are going through.

24 more please...

Comment

4:59am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I wonder where [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] got to? Sure hope they check in and let us know how they're doing...

Comment

Hello Cafe and happy Monday. Techie, I’m sorry you are not feeling well. Thinking of you today and wishing you well. Thanks for yesterday’s breakfast Cowboy. I too wonder how Big Al and Pauly are doing. Hope they check in soon. Hope everyone has a good and sober day. 24 more please.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends! It's good to read through the posts and catch up with everyone. I have been busy, but just the right amount of busy. I attended my best friends wake on Saturday, it was not fun by any means but there was a huge turnout, so I am sure that Joe is smiling about it wherever he is. It quickly turned into a drunken bash, I'm so very glad that I don't have to endure that type of life anymore.

I have found that the in person AA meetings have helped me quite a bit and I am a regular attendee. I spoke at my home group on Friday. It was cathartic to stand in front of a bunch of people and just be vulnerable and honest about who I was and who I am turning into through sobriety. Whatever keeps me sober I guess!

I was running through old pictures and stumbled upon the one attached below. It was taken just outside of Pretoria, South Africa on my daily drive home from work (back when we lived overseas). I just thought it was pretty. 24 more for me please and thanks, and I hope everyone has an absolutely fantastic start of the week.

Comment

Of course it's upside down! Ugh

Comment

Working...
                                X