~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Dill, that's a good tip about the timer. I've never thought of doing that.

Turns out I have severe sleep apnea and need a cpap machine. (Had sleep study Monday night) Unfortunately, they are back ordered and take up to four weeks to get one.

Another babysitting day! I'll take another 24.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Happy September. I have listened to a few audio books. I have the audible app but prefer having the pulp in my hands. My wife and I are both writers, love books and our walls are mostly book cases, haha. Sleep Apnea is serious and I hope you get some relief. It seems to run in my family but I have been luck enough to avoid it. So, with the intention of listening to an audio on our upcoming drive south, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Loved the quote techie! Sometimes things overwhelm me, and that's a good way to look at things.
        I tend to look ahead too much, and need to slow down. It would definitely help to live in the moment.

Ginger, sorry to hear about your sleep apnea, and hope that you will be ok until the machine gets here.

At 45° it's a little chilly to sit on the back porch, but I do love the fall! Pumpkin spice flavored coffee is what I live for this time of year!

Looking forward to another sober day and thank you!

Comment

5:06am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

TGIF. Wishing everyone a great day and happy Labor Day weekend. Another 24 for me please and thank you. Ginger, hope that CPAP machine comes in sooner rather than later. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Sleep problems are never good [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], you never feel quite rested throughout the day. I usually don't have any problem getting a good nights sleep unless I go to bed with unresolved thoughts in my head.

I have been a bit quiet lately as I've had lots on my mind. I haven't had a very good week at all. I took Tuesday off from combining as I had to run into the city early in the morning to pick up a part that finally came in to repair a boiler. The customer had been without hot water for about 10 days so I wanted to get the boiler up and running Tuesday and then get back to combining Wednesday. Unfortunately a deer decided to spoil my plans. It's amazing the amount of damage a deer does to a vehicle when you hit one at 65 miles an hour. I was on the highway and this deer came out of the ditch at a full run, no time for me to do anything. Thankfully I wasn't hurt in any way, but the my truck didn't fare as well. Front bumper, drivers side front fender, grill, radiator, radiator fans, headlights etc. are totally wrecked. So I've spent the last couple of days dealing with insurance and car rental places. The insurance company was great to deal with and I think my truck has already been towed to the auto body shop. On the bright side, I picked up a rental yesterday and was able to get the customer's boiler fixed so I'm back on the combine today.

And yesterday Bubba and I celebrated our 22nd. anniversary!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

ABC, I'm so sorry to hear this! And so thankful you were ok.

Techie, we always listen to an audio book when we head south. It makes the drive much easier.

Got a call yesterday and I can get my cpap machine on the 12th. Yay! Now to get it and adjust to it.

I'll take another day. ÷)

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Hope this coming week is better, Cowboy. We are in a major MAJOR heat wave. So, with hope we do not lose power, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Loved the quote techie! Sometimes things overwhelm me, and that's a good way to look at things.
                    I tend to look ahead too much, and need to slow down. It would definitely help to live in the moment.
                    This is a problem for me too. I've been trying to practice mindfullness, but it's hard sometimes when your mind keeps wandering. But one benefit, has been it's gotten me really into trees; I'm paying more attention to them, studying them, and trying to identify them when out on walks.

audiobooks
                    I love to read but I'm pretty old school, still like my actual hard copy books for some reason (not even an e-reader, it's nice to not stare at a screen for once). What's great here though is there are all of these neighborhood book exchanges boxes all over the place, it's great to occaissionally find a book your interested in for free, and great way to get rid of old books from piling up. I've been getting really into Vladimir Nabakov's works (an exceptionally talented writer) recently, and also just finished the 3 Body Problem Trilogy, one of the more interesting sci-fi books I've read in a while. Read The Count of Monte Cristo a while back, it's a monster of a book but worth it, it's quite a classic (though it drags a bit in the middle sections).

Lastly, I'm back to having these very vivid drinking dreams again. Had one the other day, where I only drank 2/3 of a beer and "it was fine" because i didn't drink a full drink so it wasn't considered drinking for some reason (the dream brain sure can be devious at coming up with justifications, haha). Had one last night where I drank a bunch of whiskey, and then was at an AA (something I never did IRL), and everyone said, "oh it's fine, everyone relapses around the 1 year mark). So with that I humbly as for another 24.
                    Last edited by Mulburry; September 2, 2022, 09:42 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], glad that I'm not the only one that can't stay focused! I tried to meditate but my head just won't be quiet. I start thinking about all of the things that I should be doing instead of sitting around.Sigh...

Sorry about your truck vs deer incident cowboy, but I'm glad that you weren't hurt. Hopefully next week will be better.

Glad that your CPAP machine is arriving earlier than expected.

24 more for all of us please and thank you!

Comment

I am sorry to hear about your accident with the deer, Cowboy! What a rough week! But, happy anniversary! 22 years is really grand! :welldone:

Ginger, glad you are getting your cpap sooner. Mr. D uses one and it really improved his life, once he got used to it. He used to sleep so poorly and be tired all the time. Glad those days are gone!

It's going to be a great day not to drink. 24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Cowboy, Im so sorry about your accident with the deer. I’m sorry about your truck but so glad you were not hurt. Congrats on 22 years! Ginger, yay for the CPAP machine coming in soon. Hi to Mulburry. Hope everyone has a good day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours or wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Thanks y'all for your concerns! It was nice to just ride the combine yesterday lol.

Comment

I'll take another day!

Comment

Working...
                                X