~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe friends. First day of school for many kids today. Used to be quite exciting for me when mine were little. Wishing everyone a great and sober day! 24 more please!

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

First day of school for the local kids today. I watched my neighbor put their kids on the bus, and they were taking lots of pics. When I was a kid I always looked forward to the first day of school, but now when I hear the bus go by I'm just glad that I'm not on it!

Rava and Ginger, it's hard to admit it when we slip, and thank you for doing so. Yesterday I wanted a glass of wine so bad, but thankfully, the nearest liquor store is 20 miles away, and there is no booze in the house. The cravings did pass, and I feel strong again today, but I'm always aware of just how fragile we are sometimes.

Gratefully accepting another sober day and thank you!

Comment

Looks like the pet training is going good for both of you [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] and [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]. When it comes to training our pets, I'm not sure who is more stubborn, them or us lol.

I'm happy to see everyone here not giving up if they fall to temptation, that's the whole key, never giving up.
          Last edited by abcowboy; September 6, 2022, 06:36 AM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'll gladly take a day of freedom!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those in air conditioning. It will be 114f today in my area. So, with the hope we do not lose power, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the coolest day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Jude, you have a similar situation to mine: I live in the country and the town we live next to is a "dry" town. The next nearest town is 7 miles which is just enough distance to help me choose not to give in to the impulse to buy. We don't keep alcohol in the house. It works well for me!

Rava and Ginger, brush off and get back on board! You are doing great!

We picked two 5 gallon buckets of Roma tomatoes today so I'm planning on processing them today or tomorrow. We picked them from a farmer friends garden. He had way too many and was happy to share. Lucky us!!

24 more, please and thank you.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Geez techie, 114°! I complain when the temps around here hit 90! Hope that you don't lose power for sure!

That's a lot of tomatoes dill! I haven't been out to our garden in a couple of days, but I'm sure that it's loaded with tomatoes. We plan on making and canning salsa with them, as we have enough sauce put up to feed an army!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe! Techie, I feel your pain. Our heat index was 111 degrees yesterday. We laid in the hot pool to cool off. We see people walking and jogging in this heat. I am thankful for the gym! Dill, I vote for a salsa and chips party thrown by you! Count me in. Wishing everyone a great Wednesday. 24 more please and thanks!

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Jeez! Techie, I sure hope things cool down in CA soon and you all can avoid a black out!

I see on FB, it's Pauly's birthday so..... Happy Birthday, [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION].

I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those in cooler weather. Another scorcher today but not as bad as yesterday. So, we appreciation I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by Rava View Post
                            Good morning Cafe! Techie, I feel your pain. Our heat index was 111 degrees yesterday.
                            Yikes, those temps are insane, 90 is more than enough to have me cowering.

Comment

I had to pick up a few items at the store a few days ago, just before Labor day and they had all of their Christmas decorations up already. Holy cow! Pretty soon it will be Christmas year round, and it seems to be all about the money these days.

Day 4 of rain, and out gardens are swimming in it. Looks like we'd better get the last of the veggies in before they float away.

Looking forward to another 24 soggy hours.

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Working...
                                X