No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One can only wonder how they can make a mistake like that [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I would be beyond upset if it was me!

Beautiful view [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Enjoy your time away.

Looks like I'll have a few days off from combining. We finished up all the early seeded canola yesterday and the later seeded stuff is not quite ready yet. I'm hoping to have a whole weekend with Bubba!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Rava, your view is my happy place! Just gorgeous. My travel days would be over, if I had that view to wake up to. Enjoy!

Dill, omg! That's awful. Not just the mental trauma, what about physical trauma? Thinking of Mr. D.

Waves to all my Cafe buddies! I'll take another day.

Comment

Lovely view rava, I'd never want to leave!

Our garden is still loaded with tomatoes. Our neighbor was supposed to come and get them, but so far she hasn't showed up. If she doesn't come soon it looks like we will be making more sauce.

Enjoy your few days off cowboy, I'm sure that Bubba will be glad to spend more time with you!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:01am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well, my days off were shot lived. Corey texted last night and said we're going to give combining a try this morning. So I'm up early to do my morning routine before heading back out to the farm. I still enjoyed being at home, even if it was just for one day lol.

Comment

It won't be too much longer until harvest season is over Cowboy, and you can spend more time with Bubba. In the meantime, enjoy the view from the cab!

Wow Jude, you still have tomatoes?! I hope your neighbor comes soon to get some. Which reminds me, our farmer friend made the same offer to us! I think I'll go see if he has any yellow ones left. I think those are my favorite for slicing.

Let's all enjoy another 24 hours of freedom and gratitude! So much for which to be grateful, including late season tomatoes!
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning and Happy Saturday. Cowboy, back to work as they say! Hope everyone has a great and sober day. We are here for 1 more day then home to prep for Hurricane Ian. Supposed to be a direct hit. People are freaking and buying up all the gas and supplies. Yikes. This will be my first hurricane in Florida. Many people have drinking parties. I do not plan on partaking in that. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Rava, drinking party during a hurricane? What could go wrong there? Haha Stay safe and stay sober!! Please let us know when it passes.

Jude, send me some tomatoes. I'll take any form you have. Lol

ABC, thank you for working in those fields for us! Farmers are the best.

Hey Dill, how's Pumkin doing with the new pup?

My great neice has her first birthday party today. Looking forward to seeing the extended family! I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and travelers. Off to Greece this morning. Lots of work but time for enjoying the sights, the beach, etc. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings

P.S. I will check in when possible x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

My view from the cab!

Comment

Rava, drinking party during a hurricane? What could go wrong there?
                        No doubt eh.
                        Maritimes getting absolutely wallopped by Fiona right now too. Have some freinds/aquantences out there, but sounds like they're fine, just power-less.

Comment

‘Addiction isn’t about alcohol and drugs. Its the absence of self. This absence is described as a hole in your soul. You cant love others when you’re empty inside. Recovery peels back the painful layers and heals that hole through connect, honest and hard work. To love one self is the beginning of a lifetime of recovery’

Wow cowboy, that's a lot of machine your driving! Sounds like the harvesting will be over soon!

Turns out that my neighbor did come down and pick some tomatoes, but the garden was still full of them. Mr. J and I picked the last of them yesterday, so I think that we're done until next year. Dill, yellow tomatoes are my favorite as well, and we put in quite a few plants this past Spring. Nothing like a BLT made with a big juicy yellow tomatoe!

Seriously Rava, a hurricane party? People are crazy!

Looking forward to another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Time for some breakfast!

Comment

Jude, thanks for the quote in your post today. It hit home with me because of my former dil. I carry a sadness in my heart because she never yet has managed to break free of her addiction and things seem to be getting worse for her. Her children have grown up for the most part without a mother. I have always felt that at the heart of her addiction was her inability to love herself.

Ginger, we are still working on the Pumpkin/Lily relationship. It is gradually improving but we are not out of the woods. They are getting along together but only under strict supervision. Lily must be on a short leash for it to work at all. Still, I have great hope that we are are the right track. Lily is just still a puppy at 9 months so we'll just keep taking baby steps!

Rava, thinking of you and wishing you well during this hurricane Ian. Stay safe and dry!

Cowboy thanks for that ride along! I was really tickled! Mr. D and I went to the Old Timer's Festival yesterday. We've been many times but we always enjoy it. It feathers old farm machinery and demonstrations of old time methods. Mr. D particularly enjoys the saw mill demo. We had to get some food of course. The butterfly porch chops were exquisite! We topped off the day with a funnel cake split between us. We haven't had one since pre covid! LOL We stopped at a booth run by our farmer friend and his daughter where they were selling their raw local honey in jars and in the honeycomb as well. Delish!

It was a good day to be sober. today will be too!

Cross post, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! Thanks for that wonderful breakfast! You'r a marvel!
                                Last edited by dill; September 25, 2022, 06:40 AM.
                                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X