No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:27am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Not much new to report on around here, lots of leaves changing color and falling to the ground. It'll be soon time to get the rakes out and get them cleaned up.

Have a great day y'all, and an even better weekend!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Mulburry, I googled images of P.E.I. before and after Fiona and the erosion was really something! That storm was really devastating. It will take a very long time to recover I should think.

Aside from checking in, I don't have much to say either, Cowboy. Sometimes it's like that, I guess. :happy2:

Accepting another 24, gratefully.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Just a quickie! Hope everyone has a glorious day of freedom. I'll have another!

Comment

Mr. J and I are going to a draft horse sale today. We won't be buying a horse, (at least I hope not) but I love the atmosphere. There are always Mennonites and Amish folks there, but my favorites are the older men.They seem to come from a bygone era when times were simpler. Anyway, it's just nice to get away for a day, and for a little while at least, step back in time and lose myself to the smell of horses and to the men that work with them.

Looking forward to another 24 hours...

Comment

Good morning cafe. Jude, that sounds like a great Saturday!! Wishing everyone a great and sober day. I will gladly take another 24 please!

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] Rava [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

That sounds like a fun and relaxing day [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. When Bubba and I were in the horse business we used to attend 2 monthly horse auctions, the one in Vermilion and the other one in St Paul, a town about 40 minutes from Vermilion. We didn't usually buy anything but that wasn't always the case. We would get there early so we could walk the pens and look for anything that might make a good brood mare. Then it was head to the cafeteria for a hamburger, fries, and apple pie. The tack always sold first, then the horses. I have to admit that we usually ended up buying something, but it didn't usually involve the horse trailer lol.

Comment

That sounds wonderful, Jude! You reminded me of childhood memories of going to the county fair. For me the draft horses were the biggest reason to go! Over the years as farming changed draft horses disappeared from the county fairs and I miss them. I imagine if I travelled to the counties where the Amish and Mennonites live I would find some at their fairs. And perhaps they are still a part of the state fair. Maybe next year I'll make it a goal!

This morning we will be going to a Junior Varsity football game to watch our grandson play. It will be chilly! We had our first hard freeze this morning and a very heavy frost.:cold:

Hoping we all enjoy another 24 hours of freedom!
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Jude, that sounds wonder! Enjoy your day.

Dill, any word on hubby's results?

Waves to all.... with thankfulness in my heart, I ask for another day.

Comment

We had a great time at the draft horse sale yesterday, and no, I didn't buy anything!

Today we are going to a wolf sanctuary about an hour's drive from here. We're going with some friends and we are all looking forward to it.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning!! Jude you are busy. Wolf sanctuary sounds interesting for sure. Yesterday we went to lunch with friends and then I planted some flowers. Trying to get this place somewhat back to normal. Unfortunately a lot of the trees and bushes that we thought made it thru the storm are now turning yellow and dying. Hopefully things will turn around. Our local airport just opened but so many cancelled flights. We are scheduled to fly north in next 8 days. We have decided if our flight is cancelled we will drive the 18 hours and just do it in 2 days. Hope everyone has a great a sober day. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Alrighty then, time to get some breakfast served...

Comment

Yummy!

Jude, that's sounds like a great adventure.

I'll take another day!

Comment

Working...
                                X