~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Great to see you here Big Al, and that you are doing well!

Well, I blew it last night and had several glasses of wine while at a friends for dinner. So pissed at myself, but today is a clean slate.

Humbly asking for another 24 hours...

Comment

Happy Boxing Day! I hope everyone had a good Christmas. Ours was good but not without its challenges. The frigid Temps continued which likely kept our internet outage in place for the third day. Then we had a power outtage and our generator didn't kick in. Our son got his car stuck in our driveway. But all those things were overcome and we had a lovely day in spite of them!

24 more please for all of us here.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:23am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great to see you again [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], it sounds like you got over Covid okay and finally got out to see your kids and grandkids.

And so happy to see you as well [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! It's good hearing that you're doing good and moving forward!

As you said [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], a new day, a fresh start!

Sounds like your Christmas was one for the memory books [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Good thing that all turned out okay and everyone enjoyed themselves.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

So good to see you [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] and @ quitwining!

We had a lovely Christmas dinner and played cards after. We were home before dark! Lol

I'll take another day!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Off on a hike at one on my favorites Gateway Loop. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Great to see [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Add me to the list of folks who enjoy Christmas Eve day more than Christmas.
                My parents being German originally we actually always celebrate on Christmas Eve. Unfortunately it was not the funnest Christmas Eve as this crazy weather caused more problems, from extreme cold to pouring rain, resulted in frozen gutters and water pouring off the roof and water seeping in the basement, so me and my brother spent most of the day/evening trying to deal with that. I really really could have used a drink that night, but alas.
                Suffice it to say the best christmas present we could have gotten was seeing the basement dry on christmas morning! And we ended up having a great day with a family friend coming over for christmas dinner as well. As they say, "all's well that end's well".
                Anyways, hope everyone had a great and happy AF christmas!

Comment

Good morning cafe!

Committed to another 24 hours...

Comment

It's a balmy 24F right now and today we will have a high of 31! Funny how "warm" it feels after all the sub zero temperatures.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you,
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Never a good thing when you're dealing with a wet basement [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], especially on Christmas Eve! Glad everything worked out okay.

Almost feels like flip-flop and shorts weather eh [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] lol.

Glad to hear your Christmas was good [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]. What kind of card games do you play?

Comment

I'll keep quiet about our temps.

ABC, we play several card games. What I've learned from playing with others from different regions of the country and Canada, is many card games are the same but have different names with small variations. We play Zero, Hand and Foot, Whist, pinochle, Golf, Canasta, to name a few! There are more. Lol

Happy Tuesday morning! I'll take another day!

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe friends. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Late check in for me. Been busy with the grands but Christmas night I blew it. As Jude says fresh start. I now have a whopping head cold to add to everything. I am so disgusted with myself. I absolutely know better. Yesterday and today I am in a better headspace. Life can be so complicated. I kinda wish I was home in my own bed. Hope everyone has a great night. 24 for me for sure. Thanks for listening!

Comment

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I do understand...

A friend of mine recommended a great therapist that she has gone to in the past. Feeling a little lost right now, so will look into some counseling. Hope that it helps.

24 more for all of us please and thank you..

Comment

Working...
                                X