~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

From time to time I think about going to counselling. I used to pooh-pooh the idea, but as I age I am actually becoming more open to it. There are times when you simply need to talk things out, but you don't want to burden close friends or family with your troubles. They feel compelled to try to help which can often be disastrous or at least annoying. I talked to my doctor about counselling, and she gave me a referral but I never followed it up. I haven't ruled it out though.

Today, and appointment with my cardiologist. I've been in treatment with him for a year or more and my heart health has been slightly improved and definitely stabilized.

24 more for all of us here, please.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I recognized whist and canasta [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] and have played both of them. We usually play kaiser, kings in the corners, or Uno. But we don't plat cards very often.

I think we all understand [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], there's nothing easy about this but it's doable.

I enjoyed my counselling sessions and wouldn't hesitate to go back if I think I needed to. And you're right [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], it's relieving to talk about your fears and problems with someone who has no other connection other than to help.

And surprise, surprise, I've got another date with lol. Seems like that's all I've been doing for the past week or two...
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's weathery here too. Rain all day forecast. Techie, what inside activity do you have planned for today?

Rava, thinking of you. Glad you're in a better headspace. Hope your cold passes quickly too.

ABC, we play cards a couple times a week when we're south but rarely back home. Not sure why! We love doing it.

Dill, hoping your heart health stays stable!

I'll take another day!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
            It's weathery here too. Rain all day forecast. Techie, what inside activity do you have planned for today?

Rava, thinking of you. Glad you're in a better headspace. Hope your cold passes quickly too.

ABC, we play cards a couple times a week when we're south but rarely back home. Not sure why! We love doing it.

Dill, hoping your heart health stays stable!

I'll take another day!
            Babysitting my granddaughter today!
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Yucky weather here in Phoenix. Went to Desert Botanical Gardens for The Luminaries last night. It was wonderful. So, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by Rava View Post
                Late check in for me. Been busy with the grands but Christmas night I blew it. As Jude says fresh start. I now have a whopping head cold to add to everything. I am so disgusted with myself. I absolutely know better.!
                Don't beat yourself up too much. And hope you feel better soon, being sick always compounds things.

And surprise, surprise, I've got another date with lol. Seems like that's all I've been doing for the past week or two...
                I guess some of this precipitation is probably making it's way to Alberta. Heck, I can't even fathom how much snow we'd have if all this rain fell as snow, it'd be up over the roof by now!

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], glad that your heart health is improving. I've heard many people as they age use the phrase "Golden years my ass!" Sounds about right!

Sounds like the snow is keeping you busy cowboy. Wish that we had more here, would love to get some snowshoeing in.

Another 24 please...

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Hopefully your appointment went well [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] and you got positive results..

Comment

Babysitting! Techie, I'm jealous.

I'll happily take another day.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Comment

My check up with the cardiologist went very well. I am doing well on the regimen he has put me on and so he now only needs me to come once a year instead of twice a year! Good news! I am really happy that my brother urged me last year to be proactive about my heart health. I was showing no symptoms other than mildly high cholesterol. But my brother said I should ask my doctor if I could do a stress test as heart problems run in our family. It turns out my brother really gave me good advice!

I had a good day volunteering. So nice to get out and be around people and be able to help in some small way.

We play cards here every once in a while. Uno is a favorite.

24 more for all of us here.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Great News [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]

Comment

So glad that your check up went well [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Uno is my favorite card game as well, but my husband is a party pooper and refuses to play any sort of card games.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X