~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Techie, sending prayers to you and Mrs Techie as you bid farewell to Maddie. So hard….. Dill, hope your daughter recovers quickly from covid. My son in law has it now and is mildly ill. My fellow volunteer has it and keeps testing positive even after 2 weeks. Her doctors says its probably a faulty test. I told her I would still come come to work until she gets a negative test. Sick of this covid and sad about the shootings. This world is nuts. I am asking for 24 more please and thank you. When I think of my last drinking episode I am so grateful to be sober. I am being mindful of what I put into my body. I am so thankful for such a great group of likeminded supporters!!! Wishing everyone an amazing day!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

COVID just won’t go away it seems. Dill, sorry your daughter is still getting over the effects. Our daughter in law tested positive Monday. So far, our grandkids are OK. Our son is in Europe until tomorrow so has been unable to help. We feel helpless because Mrs QW’s immune system is compromised and we can’t risk having her catch it. What we can do is make a few meals for them and deliver them to their door so that’s planned for tomorrow.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

Techie, thinking about you, Mrs T and Maddie.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hope your daughter recovers quickly Dill,I've still been wearing my mask at work just cuz I'm in such a close area with many customers per day,I get some looks and people ask why but I'm not wanting to catch anything from anyone,waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day, that shooting in Texas yesterday broke my heart so I'm trying to think positive things today.
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'll take 24 more.

Comment

Here's to 24 more for us all!

Comment

4:57am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I was also saddened by the shootings in Texas [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], such as senseless act that only brings years of grief to all the families...
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I’m glad our son returns home today. Our daughter in law has done a great job in looking after everything for the 11 days he was in Europe, the last 4 while she’s been dealing with Covid. We took our grandson to his soccer game last evening and figured the risk of Covid was small as he is feeling fine, tested negative, we were outdoors and we wore masks.

I’m making a few meals for them today and will deliver them later.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. Techie, my heart goes out to you and Mrs. T.

It's been a rough couple of weeks in general. Tomorrow is my five month sober anniversary. A lot has changed, both physically and certainly mentally. I have a clarity that I have not had for some time. This clarity is a very sharp instrument and effective if used correctly. But, it also allows me to see my life in stark reality which hurts a lot of the time. I really miss the people in my life that I love.

I will humbly ask for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Tough day today. However, I’m going to golf and Mrs Techie is going to palates and then massage. So with a saddened heart but relief from pain I need to remind myself that we had 12+ amazing years with Maddie. Twenty four more for me. Blessings x
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Your in my thoughts, Techie. I feel your pain.

I'm struggling with AL again. I'm so sick of this! Ugh!

I'm going for 24, that's all I need!

Comment

BigAl, I can't help but think that with time things will be much better. But I know it must be very hard for you at present. Forgive me for stating the obvious, but the only thing that is for certain is that it can only get worse if you let alcohol back into the mix.

Hang in there with us Ginger!

I can't really watch the news about the Texas incident. Whenever it comes on. I just mute it or fast forward thru it if I can. So many lives shattered.

On an absolutely different subject, I found a good movie on AppleTV. It had Tom Hanks in it and it was about a Naval battle during WWII. A true story and very well done. The movie is called, "Greyhound".

24 more, please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hang in there Big Al, and congrats on 5 months! Sometimes it's hard to deal with our problems when we don't have alcohol to buffer some of the hard times in our life. As you are well aware, the booze fix is only temporary, and in the end, only exacerbates the existing problems that we all face. I'm sorry that you are having such a hard time with your feelings right now, and things will either work out or they won't. Either way, hang on to your sobriety as if your life depended on it,because it does!

Sorry that you are struggling Ginger. I definitely know the feeling, and it can be exhausting to constantly battle with that voice in our head, but saying no is so worth it.

Wishing for another sober day for all of us!

Comment

We're going to the theater to see the new Downton Abbey movie today. We used to really enjoy that series when it was on TV. I wonder how many of the original staff will be in the movie. We shall see!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X