~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I gotta be honest, QW. I had to read that twice and give it a few seconds before I got it! But it was a good one!

Things are finally settled down here. My son, daughter and grandkids are all back home safe and sound. All that's left are the great memories and the clean up. It's quite amazing what two 6 year olds can do to a house! LOL! I'm finding toys everywhere! And the kitchen is a disaster zone. I was too tired last night to tackle the rest of the clean up. On top of the regular mess, the built in microwave quit working and Mr. D had my son help him pull it out so he could try to fix it. So that is out on the kitchen table in pieces. "Serenity Now!"

24 more please.:happy2:
    Last edited by dill; January 8, 2018, 06:51 AM.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

"If you took the time to talk to any successful person, they would tell you that success is always a process. It's a daily slog where most of your time is spent doing the same thing over and over. Rinse and repeat. Day in and day out. A few wins along the way, and then a few setbacks. Eventually, by working hard, and often for many, many years, you'll become successful. That's the reality of success. It's not luck or an event - just a lot of hard work and daily action."

6:25am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Ah, Seinfeld, got to love it... thanks Dill!
      Last edited by abcowboy; January 8, 2018, 08:25 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:30 am in Vegas another 24 please great to see you back Tony!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

1.35 pm in Scotland .... very thankful for the 1st 24....another 24 would be great please

Comment

Freezing rain this morning, ugly gray day.
            My old dog just had accidents in 3 spots in the house. She'll need to be put down soon.
            Young Mr V moving out of the house today.
            A lot of emotions today.
            Even this too shall pass. It might feel like a kidney stone, but it will pass.
            I don't drink.
            Welcome back Tony
            24 more for all of us please.

Comment

I wasn’t going to mention any particular people today, but I do have to welcome Tony back!

Boy, just reading over the threads and look at all the returning members; [MENTION=21745]jvo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22540]Choices[/MENTION] [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] [MENTION=23963]YelloBello[/MENTION] [MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION] [MENTION=21990]actiongirl46[/MENTION] [MENTION=18225]Nanette[/MENTION] [MENTION=22328]PanhandleKim[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] and probably more that I missed, there’s enough of you to start your own forum lol. It’s great to see you all back giving it another go!

The quote this morning pretty much sums up sobriety. Lots of times it is a daily slog, nothing earth shattering in the day that makes sobriety so worth it. But we all have those days, the days we just have to slog through. But slogging through is what we must do, and there’ll always be those days when something happens to remind us that being sober is the best life for us!

I talked with my Uncle (55 years sober) over Christmas and he said something that stuck with me. He asked how I was doing and I told him that things were good, I just take things one day at a time and it’s been working for me. He said, that’s the miracle behind sobriety, one day at a time. I hope that everyone of us at MWO experiences our own miracle this coming year!
              Last edited by abcowboy; January 8, 2018, 09:06 AM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It was an enjoyable dinner out last night. The only drinkers were not driving which was good to see. I ordered tonic water and a twist of lime. They brought a second and I thought I smelled gin so it sat untouched.

Dill, when that joke was told to me, it was sung to the tune of the Xmas song.

Have a great af day everyone!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

1:30 here and happy to be in the middle of 24 hours!
                  So happy to see everyone here, coming to the Café.
                  :hug:

Comment

“The timeless in you is aware of life's timelessness. And knows that yesterday is but today's memory and tomorrow is today's dream.”
                    ― Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet

Workdays almost done here in NYC, just turned 4:50 pm. 29 degrees and other than dark ..... lol. They've got it turned up to the 80s here in the office. But, on the other side, if I was at the bunker their heating was dead for a few hours so ..... Anywho, committing to another 24!
                    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                    Newbies Nest Roll Call
                    Toolbox
                    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Hello Friends - checking in for 24 more please. Need to spend some time catching up on posts — I’ve been in NC since Friday with the hubs lovin’ on his new baby granddaughter. This WOULD NOT be happening without my sobriety. And I want more, more, more! Hugs to all - ML
                      Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Big congrats to you, Marylou! So wonderful to be able to enjoy life instead of just existing. Keep the miracle going!

Cowboy, your uncle is truly an example of the miracle of one day at a time! He must be an inspiration to many people. Probably more than he'll ever know. Do you know if he attends AA or if he got sober thru AA? Just curious. My younger brother quit near 30 years ago now. I am so grateful for that. He quit without AA and I'm sure there were not online supports back then. He jokes about it now that he played a lot of bingo! LOL. Instead of going to the bar, he took our Aunt to her church to play bingo. She was well aware that she was helping him. Another miracle in addition to ODAAT is the support offered by family and friends.

Mr. V, I know it will take some time to adjust to the "empty nest" but you will come to enjoy it in time. Congrats to you and Mrs. V on a job well done!

Orimus, we were getting ready to send out a posse! LOL!

24 more, please.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] glad to see you back...as dill said, we were about to send out a posse! :egad:

Mr. V I'm sorry that you are going through a tough time right now. Having your son move out around the same time as losing a faithful friend is rough. Stay strong......

Kind of a grey day here in N.Y. at 8:00, but at least the temps are no longer in the single digits, (or less) and there is no white stuff falling out of the sky. 24 more please and thank you very much!

Comment

6:30am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] abcowboy

Great to have you back Ori!

Comment

“You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.”
                              ― Mark Twain, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court

A bright 30 F here in Jersey as it strikes 8:28 am and just about heading out to the bunker. Committing to another 24! Doubling down on the quotes today:

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
                              ― Albert Einstein
                              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                              Newbies Nest Roll Call
                              Toolbox
                              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

5:33 am in Vegas another 24 please Mr.V how old is your son?
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X