~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Here's how we started playing Uno: my grandson was in 5th grade when one day he told me he wished he knew how to play Uno. He told me the kids at school played it during their free time and he wanted to join in but was too embarrassed to show them that he didn't have a clue how to play! (He was new to the school here and shy.) That's when we got out the cards that had been gathering dust and had never even been taken out of the cellophane! We learned here at home how to play and the next week at school he was able to join the game for the first time! It was really a bonus to us as we all found a game we could enjoy together. Too bad Mr. J is a party pooper about the cards. I can relate though as I didn't used to like to play cards either.

24 more for all of us here, please.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That's great news about your heart health [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. What a nice thing to do for your grandson, do you all still play Uno when you get together? Uno is a family tradition in our home whenever the kids are home, but if it's just Adam and Darcie here, the crib board comes out.

Very, very foggy here this morning, might be a good day to stay home and do some railroading haha.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Dill, great news about your heart health! And that was such a good story about your grandson. No doubt he will remember that for the rest of his life and recall it fondly to his own youngins some day.

Hi to all my Cafe friends! I'll take another day.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and New Year celebrants. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Happy New Years Eve everyone! We are having some friends over for dinner, and thankfully neither of them drink. I can't remember the last time that I stayed awake until midnight, and I'm sure that I'll be in bed by 9:00 pm.

Another 24 please...

Comment

Your New Year's Eve sounds like a good one, Jude. We don't have any plans here and like you I will be sound asleep at midnight!

I will be reflecting on the past 12 months and thinking about what I might try to do in the way of resolutions during this 24 hours of wellness.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

No New Year's Eve plans here either, just a quiet night in front of the fire...

Comment

Happy New Year's Eve! We had afternoon cards and snacks planned with two other couples. However, I woke up with a croupy cough and a low grade temp. Looks like our afternoon will be laying low and watching football.

I'll take another day of freedom!!

Comment

Late check in again cafe friends. Dill, I’m glad your heart checkup went well. Ginger, so sorry about your cough and low grade fever. Turns out my Day after Christmas hangover turned out to be covid. Omg here we are at our kids home we have been around our whole family. Mr. R decided we were not waiting 3 more days for our plane to leave which is today so we jumped in our car we keep up north and drove 22 hours straight. Most miserable ride ever, brutal actually. Mr. R also tested positive. So we are now home and on meds from our doctor. Here is the funny part. Our connecting flight is delayed a day to get into Florida. I can not imagine laying in the airport all night with covid. Holy hell. I will take a brutal 22 hour ride. Thanks for listening. No alcohol for me since xmas and hopefully never. 24 more please. Happy new year everyone!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Happy New Year’s Eve. I gratefully accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best sober NYE ever. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Happy New Year my friends!

Last edited by abcowboy; December 31, 2022, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Geez [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], what a nightmare! Hope that you and Mr. R recover quickly.

We had a good time with our friends last night, but I couldn't stay awake until midnight. I'm thinking of all the folks that will wake up with hellacious hangovers. Thankfully I won't be one of them.

Happy New Year cafe!:balloons:

I'm in for another 24 hours of freedom!

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Working...
                                X