~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]... I'm so sorry that you and your wife are having to deal with this hideous disease. You, as the caregiver, must deal with the progression of the Parkinson's. It must be heartbreaking.
    Is there anyone who could stay with Mrs. QW, so that you can take a break for a few hours?

Ginger....I'm so glad that your cataract surgery went well. You'll be taking lot's of the drops over the next couple of weeks, but it's well worth it!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, so glad that your surgery went well. Once the next eye is done your vision will be even better! QW glad you can come here and talk about your situation. Being a caregiver is such an exhausting job, physically and mentally. Your wife is lucky to have you. Taking a drive sounds like a good idea. Hope everyone has a great and AF day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:35am in Vegreville, Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Last edited by abcowboy; August 15, 2020, 06:36 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Seeing 20-20 with the "new" eye. I'm having to keep one or the other patched because of the extreme difference in prescription or the headaches are terrible. Oh well, it's only two weeks!

QW, hope the drive was rejuvenating for you both.

Hope everyone has an easy day. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

6:00 in Vegas another 24,QW, that breaks my heart hopefully the drive will give you both some fresh air and a sense of peace for a bit, wishes for a happy AF Saturday for us all!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, having respite support is important and will become more important in the future I think. That’s one of the many reasons I used to walk Jessie.

Ginger, I’m thrilled that your eye surgery went so well! And the two weeks having the other eye covered will go quickly.

Our drive yesterday was rejuvenating for us both. We took back country roads, some we’d never been on before, and ended up in Drumheller, one of our favourite places. The main tourist attraction there is the Royal Tyrell Museum, world famous for its dinosaur exhibits and research but it’s currently only open to those who have made reservations. We carried on and took the Bleriot Ferry across the Red Deer River, a 3 minute ride of about 150 feet! Then we returned to Drumheller and had a takeaway lunch before heading home. It was a very enjoyable 4 1/2 hour escape.

Have a great af Saturday everyone! Stay safe.

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, nothing like an outing and a boat ride (no matter how short) to lift the spirits! I'm glad you both could enjoy the day together. My heart goes out to you.

Ginger, that's such great news!!! May the next two weeks pass by quickly.

Jude, I took a trip to the Thousand Islands New York online. (Nice armchair excursion, and so affordable. ) It was really impressive.

24 more please and thank you.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good Sunday morning. Lots of rain and wind here today. Wishing everyone a great and AF day. Another 24 for me please and thank you....

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Time to get breakfast set out!

Comment

I spent some time this morning looking for a good quote but just couldn't find one that felt right to me somehow. So, I gave it up for today, but will try again soon! In the process I remembered that I still had not searched "Zucchini Bites" [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], so I did that instead. They look and sound delicious! I might even be able to trick my grandkids into eating zucchini!

24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Wow, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! That breakfast looks great! I'm diving in! Thanks. :heartbeat:
                            Dill

Comment

Well, I got over to Veg Friday afternoon then Bubba and I had to go back to Vermilion to show the house to a couple from Manitoba. We put up a "For Sale by Owner" sign about a week ago and have had a few people go through the house. And we have another lady coming this week on Friday to have a look. No offers yet, but we'll see how it goes. Looks like harvest will be starting up in a couple of weeks so I'll be moving out to the farm anyway. It'll put a bit more pressure on Bubba as she'll have to travel over to Vermilion to check on the house, cut the grass, and show it to any prospective buyers. Hopefully it will sell before the snow flies as I have no intention of trying to move through the winter!

Comment

Pancakes! My favorite. 💓

ABC, I'm praying you and Bubba can get settled back into your "normal" lives soon. It's been a long haul for you two.

We are headed for a few days of triple digit weather. Sure glad we aren't in the 5th wheel!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X