~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:55 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for breakfast, ABC!

I raised three sons on my own and that was no picnic either but I can honestly say, I'm glad there wasn't a girl in the mix! Haha

Gorgeous Sunday here today. I'll take another 24 please!

Comment

Just saw this and thought it was so true!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Our neighbours will be home this afternoon. I’ll report tomorrow on what happened. Loverboy, as I call the boyfriend, departed the neighbourhood at 4:30 this morning and made sure to make as much noise as possible. Just one more reason it will be nice to have our neighbours home!

I had a Skype visit with my son in Australia last evening. Victoria, the state where he lives, is in lockdown likely until mid-September. Melbourne in particular has been hard hit by new cases thanks in large part to covidiots. In all of Australia the other day there was 467 new cases of which over 400 were in Victoria.

I was stunned to read that the rally at Sturgis is happening with blessings from the South Dakota governor. Can’t wait to hear the number of new cases of Covid that occur. Economy over health!
          BTW, unintentionally, we ended up in Sturgis on a cross continent camping holiday many years ago during the rally. We met some of the nicest people there and the campground, which I thought would be noisy all night, was quiet by 8pm.

Thanks for brekkie Cowboy! Looks awesome.

Have a great af Sunday everyone and covidiot free.

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I was wondering, Jude, if you have any other animals in your life? A dog or cat? I don't believe I have ever heard you make mention of one. Matter of fact, I wonder about everyone else, too! Mr. V, Ginger, Rava, Pauly? I know I have mentioned our dog, Tessa. She is 9 yo now and slowing down, but is still plugging along. She is very kind to our new cat, Pumpkin, but Pumpkin doesn't seem to care in the least! LOL I'll post a picture of the new cat at some point soon.

24 more, please and thank you.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. A beautiful day for a Monday. This retirement thing is making me sleep later and later each day! Hope everyone has a great and AF day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

'nuther cross post for us, Rava! I slept in today too, but generally I have started rising earlier during my retirement. Not sure why that is!
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill I have Winslow the dog, 5 guinea pigs and 3 desert tortoises I'm surprised I haven't mentioned them more since they all keep me on my toes! It's always feeding time around here for one or the other 5:45 am in Vegas, I won't be drinking today, QW, I'm very surprised Sturgis still happened, everything else has been cancelled this year, like you say wait and see the outcome, these people are cocky just cuz they go ahead with gatherings then we hear of alot of people catching something, hope everyone has a fabulous AF day
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

And another day of walking on eggshells apparently.

Thank goodness I don’t drink!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Yikes!! I almost forgot to check. Son#2 called at the time I usually check in and we talked for an hour!

Dill, we have an 11yo rescue pup named Ginger (the real one). Our lives revolve around her! She's our baby.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Dill, I have 3 dogs and 2 cats. Of course, there's also Mr. J!

Sorry that you had a walking on eggshells day QW! It must be so hard on both of you! :huggies:

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

69F, going to be hot and humid.
                              No pets here, we travel too much. We did have a dog, she passed 2 years ago at age 18. Still think of her and miss her.
                              No telling how many cases of Covid will be caused by Sturgis, as everyone comes from all over, they'll all go back home to get get sick, and continue to pass it around. It is a beautiful area, I was just there this past June.
                              24 more please

Comment

Thanks for all the pet replies. I should have remembered Winslow Pauly. I have heard you mention him before. Here's a picture of Pumpkin. (Sorry it's sideways!):

24 more, please and thank you.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X