No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:25am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Sounds wonderful, Jude!

Cowboy, thank you for another great breakfast yesterday! You're the best!

Not much to talk about here. Today is our volunteer appreciation luncheon which will be held at the local Historical Society. It's a beautiful old building with historical displays related to County history. It was held there last year and was very nice. This year I am inducted into the VP position and I am kind of nervous about it. But somebody has to do it, so I'll just take it one day at a time. I hear that works pretty well.

24 more, pls and thank you.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good Monday morning. Sitting on my porch with coffee listening to thunder. We have not had rain in about 4 months so this is nice. Jude I’m glad you had a nice day with your friends. Wishing everyone a great and sober day! 24 for me please and thank you

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. I was thinking of [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] this morning. I hope he is well. Off to golf. Another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Sorry for the late check in! I forgot. Lol I'll take another day!

Comment

Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
              80? with lots is sunshine, and we all got a lot of quality time on the back porch. So grateful for such a wonderful day with good friends.
              Normally i don't like it quite that hot but with this stretch of miserable rainy cold weather (8Cish - 45F), I am pining for a day like that! At least NHL playoff are starting so something to keep me occupied while stuck indoors.
              Last edited by Mulburry; April 17, 2023, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Good morning cafe. Techie, I too think about Big Al and hope he is doing well. it’s like losing a friend when people are on here everyday and then vanish. That’s the part I don’t like about this community. I wish him well and just hope his work is keeping him busy! Today I start back at my volunteer job after a 3 week absence due to my moms passing and other issues. . I’m actually very happy to be back to a normal routine. Hope everyone has a great day. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

I hope BigAl is well, too. I think of Pauly and Mr. V every now and then, too. Many other friends from over the years.

I'm glad you are back to your routine, Rava.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                  Last edited by dill; April 18, 2023, 06:21 AM.
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

For some reason I couldn't log in earlier, but I'm here now.
                    [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], our weather took a nosedive with cold temps and rain. Looks like more of the same today. Yuck!

Rava, glad that you are getting back into your old routine. I think that it really helps us to maintain sobriety.

I too think of BigAl, and hope that he's doing ok.

Committed to another sober day!

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I think about everyone who has come and gone from MWO, hoping they are doing fine in their own way, but Cafe friends who leave are thought about more often.

Yep [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], the Stanley Cup playoffs are here once again. I can never stay up late enough to watch the late games though lol.

We had our first thunder and lightning storm last night with quite a bit of rain as well. Supposed to be a mix of snow and rain today as the temp hovers around the freezing mark.

Comment

Gosh! Just thinking about all those missing makes me sad. I hope all are well.

I'm trying an "old people" exercise group today. My little sis has been attending and she says it a great workout. I'm not a joiner so we will see.

Hugs to all my Cafe peeps! I'll take another one. 🫂

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Just back from a long bike ride with a local group of cyclists. Lots of fun and great conversations in Starbucks after ride. Another 24 for me. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Sounds like we're having the same weather cowboy. We had some thunder storms the other day, and yesterday we had a rain/snow mix. Crazy for sure.

I'm part of a FB group called sober sisters, and recently one of the members passed away from liver failure. She was only 35. Very sad...

Humbly asking for another 24..

Comment

4:57am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Comment

Working...
                                X