~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Well done fighting off those urges, Rava! As we all know, some times it is really hard.

The grandkids started back to school on Oct. 26th and on Monday the school announced they have too many illnesses among staff and some students so they are returning to online instruction until after Thanksgiving. Let's hope that does the trick.

Hope you are recuperating well, Techie.

24 more for all of us.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 hours please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=1075]jude[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I picked up my new truck yesterday, now to get used to it lol. Just looking at it makes me think the cap won't fit, hard to tell for sure though till we get some measurements, not going to go through the trouble of lifting it on just to find out it doesn't fit.

It was a pretty painless ordeal for me [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], but I looked through the trucks on the lot and took a picture of the window sticker of the truck I wanted, then went inside to a salesman and told him to give me the best deal he could as I was shopping for a new truck. The painful part was insurance and Registries lol

To all our veterans..
        Lest We Forget
        Last edited by abcowboy; November 11, 2020, 07:41 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

A day of gratitude for all of our veterans and the sacrifices that they have made. It truly means a lot to me, although too many people take their freedom for granted.

Rain moving in today, but temps are still mild.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Love all Vets! Very grateful for all their service. We're in a soft "stay at home" order here, governor talked last night and said by doing this he'll see where we're at in two weeks, I dunno if it'll make any difference cuz there's still alot of people traveling here from everywhere else, 5:30 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today gag! Wishing everyone a happy AF day!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

To all Vets everywhere, thank you for our freedom.

I have a free day. What to do, what to do!

Techie, hope things went well.

I like the wheeling and dealing of new car buying. Mr. V, wants some help? 😉 Actually, the last truck I bought, I built online with everything we needed to tow, printed it out, went to our two dealerships and said whoever gets me the best deal gets our business. It was kinda fun watching them scramble to get the sell!

Hope everyone has a peaceful day. 24 more. 🇺🇲🇨🇦

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Mr V, hope the new vehicle purchase goes well. If you have the time, after the initial contact with the salesperson wait. Wait for them to contact you. It might take a few days or as much as a week but if they blink first, you’ll likely get a better deal.
                One time when our boys were 9, 4 and 1 we went car shopping. The kids weren’t given their naps or snacks before we met with the salesman. Our 9 year old was carrying the baby through the showroom where he was grabbing antennas and letting them go. Our 4 year old was doing chin-ups on the outside mirrors of some very expensive cars. The kids made a lot of noise. Eventually we got a great deal and the kids got to go to McDonalds for supper after. I’d offer to rent them to you Mr V but they’re all 6’4”’ now! And thankfully better behaved.

Cowboy, hope the cap fits your new truck.

As I have done for several years on Remembrance Day, I watch the ceremony from Ottawa and also Terry Kelly’s video, A Pittance of Time. Thank you to those who have served and serve today to keep us safe and free!

Lest We Forget

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Love being retired! Keeping busy, and loving the sober life!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

35F back to more seasonal temps
                    Funny story on the car buying, QW!
                    24 more please

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Last edited by abcowboy; November 12, 2020, 07:36 AM.

Comment

QW, I have been enjoying the Vinyl Cafe. What an excellent story teller! Thanks.

I am in the column of 'people who dread the process of buying a new car'! That was a funny story though QW. Maybe next time I want to buy a car I'll have to rent a couple of kids...

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Funny, QW!

24 more!!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, keeping busy in retirement is key. The transition from the routine of work is huge but having the freedom to do what you want when you want is great.

Dill, I’m so glad you’re enjoying Vinyl Cafe! When I need a mental boost, often on the days I’m walking on eggshells, I listen to a Vinyl Cafe story or two. It’s a nice escape.

Had a great visit with old friends yesterday, first time seeing them in months. I told my buddy that he’s one of the few people whose appearance is improved by wearing a mask! I won’t repeat his reply!!

Have a great af Thursday everyone, stay safe.

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24!!!
                              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

30°F.....back to normal!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X