Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Originally posted by Rava View Post
    Good morning Cafe. I’m going to say that I have been in this group for several years and have never had a problem with administration or a forum manager. I am grateful for this site which is to connect with others who have the same issues. The negativity that has come into this group is troublesome to me and I am sorry that some are experiencing so many problems. I have enough drama in my everyday life and look to this group as a positive and supportive place. 24 more please and thank you.
    Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
    I'll take another day. Hopefully without drama.
    I am very very sorry if I have contributed to bringing drama to this lovely calm thread. I assure you that was never my intention and I certainly will not be adding anything further.
    Maybe we could attempt to re-ignite the Army...
    Again..apologies to all for any of my part...
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
      Good morning Cafe friends. So, I see that my posts from yesterday have been deleted. I need to reevaluate my staying on this forum going forward. I do not feel insulted, maligned, nor disrespected. I feel disappointed. That said, I’m all in for another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7450[/ATTACH]
      Your posts were not deleted, they were moved to another dedicated thread.

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
        So, I see that my posts from yesterday have been deleted. I need to reevaluate my staying on this forum going forward. I do not feel insulted, maligned, nor disrespected. I feel disappointed
        Originally posted by Forum Manager View Post
        Your posts were not deleted, they were moved to another dedicated thread.
        Indeed, there is nothing hidden on this forum.....

As per my post on this thread HERE posts concerning the issues raised have been moved HERE to continue the integrity and well being of this thread.
        Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION], sorry. Sure didn't mean to offend you. Please, you're all more than welcome in the cafe!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
            [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION], sorry. Sure didn't mean to offend you. Please, you're all more than welcome in the cafe!
            Thanks for the warm welcome. Techie has started a new thread for the army so will give that a go and see if it works. I?ll take another 24 with gratitude.

Comment

Good morning cafe, I, like Ginger did not mean to offend anyone. We are here to help and support each other. I’m sorry about all the issues that have been mentioned. Some of us have not experienced any problems and were not used to hearing anything negative regarding this site. I hope we can all just agree to get along.

Comment

Hiya all,some may know me some may not. I am mick,I am Scottish, was born at an early age, and yes I had a problem with drink,like a good amount of us,i could not control the amount i chucked down my neck..then from nowhere I had a serious issue that nearly cost me my life. The skills of surgeons and dedication of nurses saved me. I quit drinking as a mark of respect to them and to change my life that was over 11 years ago .the reason I am telling you this, is that each and everyone of the people helped on this site .molls satzy jacs and lots more some of whom are no longer here .my point is, we poston the site on a daily basis some of us,and post regular sometimes the posts may seem curious, abrupt, opinionated and written in a nasty context. Some may take umbrage at the remarks or indeed interpret them in a different manner. The authors of such may be having a bad time, the readers may be too The written word is non emotive. What is written can be seen by individuals in their own ways and again depending on their mood /current situation
                Please do not lose focus of why everyone is here..th help each other with drinking issues..yes there will be ups and downs, but is it worth breaking the bonds of what brought us all together
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

I see the site is back up and running! Hurray! I’ll get back to my regular duties tomorrow! Y’all have a good one ya hear!
                  Last edited by abcowboy; September 3, 2023, 01:40 PM.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well said, [MENTION=17668]Mick[/MENTION]. Thanks for the gentle reminder.

I'll take another!

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                      I see the site is back up and running! Hurray! I?ll get back to my regular duties tomorrow! Y?all have a good one ya hear!
                      Hey [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], what was that alternative forum you had setup a while back? I'm not looking to switch right now or anything, but the site being down yesterday scared me a bit (thought with all the drama maybe the mods decided to shut it down permanently, lol), which had me trying to find a way to your site, and then sent me into a bit of a panic when I couldn't find it, haha. Anyways, looks like everything is up and running again here, and I hope it continues that way until robots have taken over the planet and killed all the humans!
                      Last edited by Mulburry; September 3, 2023, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Mul, here's the link to the back up site, just in case we need it down the road. Home | We Quit Drinking

Comment

I was finally able to log into this site today, but it looks as though a few wires have been crossed among some of the members here. [MENTION=17668]Mick[/MENTION], great post, and I totally agree with you about how easily the written word can be perceived differently from reader to reader. Combine that with the fact that it doesn't take much to turn a molehill into a mountain and suddenly we have drama. I love having the army group here, and hope that they stick around. There's a saying in AA that I really like. "Let go, and let God."
                          [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], you do have a Canadian accent and I loved hearing it in your video.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Waking up to a cool 72 degrees. Once September rolls around you really start to notice the shorter days. I guess lots of cookouts will be happening on this Labor Day. Hope everyone has a great and sober day! 24 more please.

Comment

5:17am in Alberta, another 24 for me...

Since my last morning post, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] mollyka [MENTION=17668]Mick[/MENTION], and anyone else I missed lol

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

For any members not aware of it, I created a back-up or alternative site for us to go to if for any reason MWO goes down due to server problems, maintenance, or whatever. [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] posted the link to the site in her post above, thanks Ginger!

Yep the days are definitely getting shorter [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], and up here the mornings are much cooler as well.

Well, we finished the barley on Friday, and only had 300 acres of oats so we finished up those yesterday, now on to the wheat. Going pretty good so hopefully it will stay that way lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X