~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good to have tea knowing that no beer will be drunk which I feel ends and cravings. Salad sandwich 4 lunch and salmon coleslaw chips 4 tea. Will have a nice a shower later so here's to another 24

Comment

4:52 am in Vegas another 24 for me and all of the wonderful people here
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

24 more for me and friends!

Comment

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said that it'd be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

6:40am in Alberta, another 24 for me and for everyone else who needs them, please and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] @W [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

24 please

Thank you sweet Wildflowers:happy2:
            Still a little low, but I know it will get better with more days afree.
            Last edited by ssd858; August 20, 2017, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Congrats on your long run, [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! 82 days is phenomenal! So happy to see you back, [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION]!

Another 24 hours of clarity and freedom will do me just fine, please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Going for another 24 AF hours. Thank you.... :love:

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] - Think pride and fear are close cousins, they go hand in hand. For myself anyway. Pride produces fear. Something all humans deal with. Think there are positive and negative in both. I'm a work in progress and am seeking humility and increased faith. Submitting myself to the care of God. My fears (in this context) have been keeping me from fully surrendering. I'm tired of living in fear about things I have no control over. I'm seeking peace. Fear is at the root of hate. I don't think your missing anything. People have different perspectives. I learn from most all of them. Thinking you have a loved one who struggles with addiction or something. Compromising another's identity wouldn't be good. I understand and respect your feelings on not wanting to share about other peoples lives on a public forum. Thank you for sharing about your overwhelming grief. :hug:

[MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] - Congrats on your AF time. :smile: Your subconscious may be playing out in your dreams. Your almost at your goal of 90 days finish line. It was never that bad, I can handle one or two. Glad you realize this and you aren't letting it undermine your AF commitment.

[MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] - I laughed at the dog poop comment. I wish dogs did their business in one spot to. Sorta wonder the same things with two cat boxes in house. I guess you may want to lock up the peanut butter. I remember our Lab opening his x-mas present early. The look on his face was priceless. Hope your baby is OK after ingesting shampoo. Dogs can get into all sorts of not such good things. Or cat drank once from our live x-mas tree. I'd put something in water to make tree last longer. Can you say ER visit. Chaos. Glad were remaining sober today while life is "lifeing us". Thank you for reminding me to write in word and copy and paste. Exactly what I'm doing on desk top until, my fingers and brain get more accustomed to Mac. Appreciate you sharing your knowledge and offers to help!....I did keep going to view and zooming out, but then bookmarks side page showed up and was having trouble closing. Did command W and still. So for now, am grateful for my trusty old desk top. It has no camera on it. Thank you for the encouragement to talk away. I appreciate your compassion. Thanks for the eclipse link, I'll ck it out in a bit. I hope those kids at gas station/market bought their glasses. Last I knew they were wearing plain sunglasses. Funny thing is dental x-ray tech said back in 1979 no one had special NASA glasses and they were all fine. I'm not chancing it. Glad I found mine tucked in drawer. I misplaced them when I was on a bender.

[MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] - Your food sounds divine! Much better than a stuffed mushroom. Have some banana bread baking. Later BBQ chicken and brats, side of green salad and maybe a small batch of tater salad. I cooked to much this wk. I take some things to clients/customers.

[MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]y - Hope your having a good weekend. Hope there are some laughs in it.

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] - Agreed. These two topics can become volatile. I used to manage a bar in a nice hotel. I'd ask our patrons to please keep it to themselves. There are other threads available. For those who need to vent. They to may explode if they hold it inside. If interested a new thread may be helpful. Especially when we know it's a trigger to self mediacate with poision for those who don't want to discuss. I personally don't like much controversy, but do respect and sometimes find value in different opinions. Yet, I also prefer direct communication with boundaries. Feel people need an outlet to express their feelings and thoughts. Considering all the extreme chaos that's happening in our world. In a way I'm speaking out of both sides of my mouth. Or is that my left and right brain having a spar. Anyhoo, NP from me. I just turn the
                boob tube off and go do something else. If my thyroid flips back to hyperT, (it will) have a harder time controlling my emotions. Do to hormones. But, mum is the word on politics in the cafe.

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] - Thank you for understanding and for your support!...Agree with what your saying. I was taught its more therapeutic to put pen to paper verses typing. It may differ for others. The main thing is for some of us holding things inside aren't healthy. Sharing what were comfortable with on a public forum can be a teaching tool for others and release of stress for the writer. I'm a bit of an introvert and have learned many things from listening to others.

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] - Hope your weekend continues to bring you sunshine and joy!...

[MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] - Thank you for sharing your healthy menu with us. I really have fallen on the way side. I need to do a better job. Have a few teas in cupboard. Later I shall have a cuppa. Enjoy your weekend.

[MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] - Very happy your back here sweet lady!... Happy you know you'll feel better in a few days. Do you have a plan in place if the "she devil" comes calling? Someone taught me to give that addictive voice a nasty name. To separate it from the real me. That addictive voice has a life of its own, separate from me. I read something the other day that has been playing in my mind. Alcohol has nothing left to offer me. Well, except misery and regrets. Hang in here with all of us. Like Empy said, we understand and may have more compassion for each other, cause we've been in out of that hamster wheel. :hug:
                Last edited by Wildflowers; August 20, 2017, 02:39 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] the dog seems industrial. Its taken everything and my life is chaos because as I try to sleep something is being eaten. So using bacolofen or something else is nearly impossible. A brush, toilet bush cleaner, broom,(full sized, serious damages), toilet plunger, a shoe in the last 24. She has a dozen toys and everything is moving higher, but she is growing so higher doesn't matter. I cannot find a bloody thing! My other trained dog is coming soon so hopefully there is some training, there has been a lot of growling. ER Visits suck. You should hear whats going on behind me. Its past 8 you will have no food until morning!!!
                  [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] I lose all the paper. I have paper all over. My journals have been eaten my dog. I have multiple filing cabinets but not for everything. I have some journals held from back in the day. I use this more, but I agree pen to paper is way different. I have a paper letter from my ex when she was still in love with me that would crush anyone. The level of commitment was crazy. Its unfortunate that my employment type causes relapse. But it takes effort to write and I found a sound memory of this piece of paper with 500 words front to back as a promisary note to love me forever. The tears I cannot distinguish from my dog. But I do know I have cried a ton for someone I miss (ex). I miss you so much. Its so insane my pants get soaked. I will love you forever, those were my vows. So it will take some time to get over this.
                  Thats probably why I posted whiskey lullaby. Now that has happened, but yeah pen and paper.
                  At everyone else sorry. I have a puppy and christmas its a ton of work but I wish you all the love.
                  Last edited by empyr3al; August 21, 2017, 12:36 AM.
                  "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Going for another 24. Had a choice of salad sandwich or choice of 2 large pizzas sitting in fridge. Hands down felt good after the sandwich and memory felt better from feeling shit earlier today. Got some nice multigrain Hellga's bread and not the $1 cheap ass bread too .Chicken schnitzel with veges for tea and going to dump some blueberries in fridge from freezer. Haven't quit smoking for a while and ran out at lunch. Didn't go and buy a pack and feeling better ,so will try that this week . May have pizza later on for being good during the day Maybe should ring gym as have been lazy this winter

On another note, I had a mobile printer turn up. Officejet 250. It had a battery and Can print directly from the iPad and scan to it which is fantastic using AirPrint .Loving it so far
                    Last edited by Neo; August 21, 2017, 04:22 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION], I thank you again for your sharing of your thoughts. I have never really thought long about hatred and its root cause. Given today's climate it's a concept that is well worth understanding. I've been reading therefore and coming to a deeper understanding. I also thank you for your openness about your quest for humility and increased faith. I'm on a similar quest and find that even just by being on that quest, my sense of peace increases.

Fear of something is at the root of hate for others, and hate within will eventually destroy the hater. George Washington Carver

“The enemy is fear. We think it is hate; but it is really fear.” - Mahatma Ghandi

For those who enjoy reading about neuroscience:
                      Brain scans reveal how hate begins to emerge--and it's not too far from love

Let's all get another 24 solid hours together!
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

4:32 in Vegas another 24 please
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

x post, [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]! :happy2:
                          Dill

Comment

“Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.”

6:20am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] abcowboy
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

A sunny, hot day today, with a 90% solar eclipse mid-day. Should be interesting.
                              Another drinking dream last night, I was doing shots, and even in my dream, I was saying to myself, be careful, this will only end badly. I had fear of losing control.
                              @ wildflowers, "Pride produces fear," I have to think about that.
                              24 more for me and my friends please

Comment

It's happening. Eclipse frenzy. In almost 100% path. It's getting dimmer and dimmer. The birds have stopped chirping. With my glasses the sun is a crescent. Sure glad I'm sober to witness this extraordinary event. I'd surely like 24AF hours !.. :smile: Going to try and take pic with digital camera. Be back in a bit. :love:
                                Last edited by Wildflowers; August 21, 2017, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X