~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Greetings! It's been a nice stretch of sunny weather (out in Hope now), have actually felt better than I have in a while and managed to get some good hikes in (though got a little banged / scraped up in the last one due to slippery conditions). But right with the flip of the Calendar from Nov to Dec it feels like it has gone right into winter, with the first snowfall of the year. So wishing everyone a happy AF free entry to winter!

Comment

Good morning cafe! I had good news from the doc yesterday. He said that the fracture is starting to heal, but he still wants me in a hard cast for 3 more weeks. Then if the X-Rays look good, I may be able to wear a boot. Yay! The bad news is that we hit a deer on the way to my appointment yesterday. She got up and hobbled off into the woods, so I don't know how badly she was injured, or if she will even survive. I feel terrible about it, but she just came out of nowhere, and we were unable to avoid hitting her. We had some front end damage to the car, but it was drivable and we were able to make it to my appointment on time.

We miss you techie and hope that you can rejoin us soon.

24 more please...

Comment

That's great news about your bone mending, Jude! Hang in there with that cast for 3 more weeks. You can do it! But I'm so sorry to hear about your deer strike. They do just come out of nowhere and there is simply nothing you can do to stop it. I hope she survives, but you couldn't have done a thing to help her so please let it go and don't stress about it.

Good to see you Mulburry!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:37am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good to see you again [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], we have below freezing temps here but still no snow!

Not sure what the problem could be with Mr G [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], hopefully they get to the cause of it soon before it gets any worse.

Good and bad news [MENTION=1075]jude[/MENTION], things are looking up for the ankle, but not so much for your vehicle. They do jump out so quickly, and it seems like even a small amount of damage gets expensive to repair. I guess that's why we carry insurance.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning. Jude, glad about your fracture healing but sorry about the deer. They seem to always come out of nowhere. Glad you are ok. It could have been much worse. Ginger, hope your husband gets his symptoms managed. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you. Im cooking my turkey today that I did not cook on Thanksgiving. LOL better late than ever. It’s finally thawed.

Comment

Quick check in! I'll take another day.

Comment

A quick check in to say hi. I need a few more days. I am doing really well, physically. The challenge is the emotional stuff. This experience has really shaken me. So, I’m working with a close friend and former Stanford classmate who is a psychologist but not practicing anymore. He is now an avid rock climber (I’ll stick to Tri) and hiker whom I often hike with in The Sierras. He understands injuries and the associated trauma aspect. A bonus is he knows me. My biggest challenge is I am not doing much. I am a situational type A. It is difficult not being able to run or jump on a bike or golf. Of course, I’m reading a lot. Listening to podcasts and journaling.
                  After meeting with Carl tomorrow morning, I will let you all know my plan to get back to training after some physical therapy and a psychological oil change.

Another 24. Blessings x

IMG_6870.jpg
                  “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

It's good to hear from you techie, and I hope that your friend can help you through this emotional trauma. What happened to you makes a person realize just how vulnerable we really are. Take care of yourself, and let yourself heal. :hug:

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Good morning and great hearing from you Techie. We hope you take all the time you need to heal emotionally and physically. We will be here when you get back. Looks like i am too early for breakfast. Hope everyone has a great day. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

I second what Jude said Techie. I can only imagine just how shaken you have been through that horrible experience. I'm glad you have a friend who can help you with the psychological/emotional aspects.:heartbeat:

Mr. D and I have debated as to whether or not we will put up a tree this year. The results are in and the answer is , yes we will. We will have our typical cut tree, but will need just a little bit extra help putting it up. I'm sure granddaughter or grandson will be happy to help. We are blessed to have them. Yesterday, granddaughter helped put away Thanksgiving decorations and get put out our Nativitiy set. Christmas is coming, ready or not!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:23am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I'm finally here with breakfast, hopefully y'all stop back in for some.

Comment

Great to see you again [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], hopefully your friend can help you work through this.

Enjoy your turkey dinner [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I know I would, usually too much lol.

We haven't had a Christmas tree in a number of years [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], didn't see the need for just the two of us and Hank would have destroyed it anyway lol. We do have 2 Nativity scenes set out, one in the living room and one in the kitchen eating area. We also have an Advent Wreath, and since it's the first Sunday of Advent, there'll be a candle lit tonight. Bubba puts up some Christmas decorations throughout the house to give it the festive look as well.

Comment

Techie, thanks for letting us know you're doing better. I hope your friend can help you through the trauma. Sending healing thoughts your way.

Yummy breakfast as usual! Hope everyone has an easy day. I'll take another.

Comment

Working...
                                X