~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe friends and supporters. Another 24 for this guy. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Hugs for Satzafras

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by satz123
      Molls I don't recall anyone telling their story on here who drinks / drank to the extent he does when on a binge. He is literally a zombie. If there is perhaps they will post their experience ?
      Once he has the alcohol inside him - that is it - he has NO control.
      At that stage he has to keep going or risk the alcohol leaving his system again and horrendous withdrawals verging on seizure.

So from then on it's a vicious circle - sick of drinking but afraid to stop for fear of the outcome.

This is not easy for me to admit here but yesterday when I went looking for bottles he had actually drank hand sanitizer because of the volume of alcohol in it.
      I've only heard 'urban legends' over the years of mouthwash etc but found it hard to believe. There are YouTube videos of addicts drinking 3/4 bottles a day.
      Seems it's a 'thing' with alcoholics who can't be bothered to go out or afford to buy regular alcohol.

I confronted him and he was mortified.
      We were out yesterday from 10am and he left and hadn't returned by 10:30 pm - so I do not know what condition he is in.

That seems like we are at rock bottom. I found that new revelation of hand sanitizer a shock.
      I almost wish I knew nothing of how sneaky & manipulative we alkies can be, all the desperate, shocking things we do - because then it would be just black / white - stop drinking or leave.
      Instead I can almost understand what he is doing and maybe would have done the same myself if I'd kept going.
      I know the turmoil he is going through - wanting to be normal - but just can't seem to do it.

With the result that whatever he does is still shocking , but understandable to me. That this is just way further down than I ever got.
      I swoop in and save the day by making it less painful for him to detox because that is what I would want if it was me.
      3 days Librium for withdrawals and he is back to 'normal'. He got to a record 8 weeks sober last time and we were full of hope.

Does any of this make sense ?
      Morning

Makes perfect sense. The main difference I see between YS and a lot of us here is that we had responsibilities, husbands, kids and our drinking had snuck up on us. It was a gradual thing. We managed to stop before we lost everything. Who knows if we did not have those constraints that we too might have gone down the mouthwash route. Lots here managed without in patient treatment but I know YS has had a few of those. Really at a loss as to what to suggest. Take care of yourself in all of this. When are the Germans coming?

Off west for a few days with both daughters so looking forward to that. I?ll take another 24 please.

Comment

Morning folks....will reply to all later...just heard my niece died this morning....early 40's just collapsed in her kitchen....so Joe is her godfather and he's away in Europe so I've to contact all and sundry...it's so sad ...she has young children and all...bloody life!
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

[MENTION=16384]drifty[/MENTION]AllisonO, so glad that didn't act on your thoughts of drinking. As they say in the Big Book: "Alcohol, cunning, baffling, powerful." I guess that no matter how long we have been booze free, we always have to be on guard.
          [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], what hell you must be going through with YS. While I was in the throes of addiction I never realized how much fear and worry the people who loved me had to endure. Praying that someday your son will someday see the light and defeat those demons inside him. :hug:

Loved the quote techie!

I'm in for another 24 hours of freedom...

Comment

Molly, just saw your post. How tragic, I am so sorry...

Comment

Deepest sympathy Molly to you and all the family, so so sad

Comment

5:18am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] mollyka

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great job on getting through those urges [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION]! No point giving up all that sober time just for a drink or two that would have lead we all know where.

One day at a time [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], for young YS and for you as well helping him through this. Just have to be there for him each day.

Such sad news Molly, my thoughts and prayers go out to all affected by this tragedy.

The buns turned out just great [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], it was fun having my daughter helping me.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

So very sorry for your loss, Moll. What a shock.

24 more hours of freedom, please and thank you.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

So sorry for your loss, Molly. Tragic....

I'll take another day and count my blessings!

Comment

Evening all...sorry for disappearing like that ..yes very sad indeed...but what can we do? Nothing...except wonder why life is so cruel...
                        Had a very busy day today...re-introduced my eldest son to my eldest sister ( those not in the know...there was a huge family row a long time ago...didn't see or speak to either of my sisters for many years but back in touch with this sister since her only daughter died)...we actually had a lovely lunch...I've to go home tomorrow then back for the funeral on Friday.

Well done Alison...it's not easy when that voice gets into our heads so you did a great job...stay close...make sure you're safe!

Another 24 hours sounds good!
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Ugh just lost a long post.. too tired to repost.
                          So sorry for your loss Molly. Makes no sense
                          So young
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Molls I am so desperately sorry. Such a shock for someone so young. Hope you are OK

Satz, I am gutted for you. Each step down the rabbit hole is more shocking. How is he today?

Mr S op has been cancelled AGAIN due to the consultants strike. I dunno what's happening to this country. There was a Dr on the TV yesterday saying that both him and his wife worked as Drs and they had to take second jobs as a dog walker and sometimes he couldn't afford to eat lunch. Given that they will both be taking home over ?100k per year makes me wonder what's going on there! Perhaps I should help them with their budgeting

Comment

Good morning

Thinking of those of you who are going through so much at the moment, stay strong, this too shall pass. I?ll take another 24.

Comment

I woke up today and was so grateful that I wasn't hungover. Sometimes we just take things for granted, and every now and then we should just pause for a moment and be thankful for the things in our life.

I'm in for another 24!

Comment

Working...
                                X