~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Yep Ginger, still doing grocery delivery and I think people are getting used to not having to go to the store that they'll probably continue to order even after covid is behind us, I order myself sometimes and it's worth every penny, especially for store I don't wanna go to like Costco Techies, glad your daughter is doing ok 5:49 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today and I hope we all have an easy AF Friday!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

So, the treadmill was sold yesterday and what we sold it for almost covers the cost of replacing the circulating pump on our hot water tank which decided to leak yesterday.

Glad you’re enjoying your delivery job Pauly. We haven’t yet taken advantage of grocery shopping online but that will likely happen as it looks like Covid is with us for a while yet.

We expect to hear from our realtor today and look at some condos he’s arranged for us to see. I hate the thought of moving but it’ll be short term pain for long term gain I hope.

Have a great af Friday everyone, stay safe.

QW
      Last edited by Quit wining; February 5, 2021, 09:10 AM.
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Pauly, I think you're right about people continuing with online shopping. Is your job just delivery or do you have to do the shopping too?

I have the day off! I think there are some chores on my list of to-dos but that's about it! Hope everyone has an easy AF day headed into this weekend! 24 more, please!

Comment

Good morning Cafe elites. Contractors in house so crazy busy here. Gave a great day. Another 24 for me. Blessings x
          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good morning cafe! Wow cowboy, those are some really cold temps! Bundle up!
            How are you feeling after having received your covid vaccine [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]? There is still a shortage of vaccines in this area, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to get mine.
            Hope that you can find a condo soon QW. Glad that you were able to pay for the water tank repairs with the money for the treadmill.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              @Juse58 [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Winter has me in its grip
                Think I'll take a summer trip
                On a sunny sailing ship
                Where the shells lie in the sand.

~Don McLean

Those song lyrics came to mind this morning when I looked out the window. I will have to take the sunny trip in my mind only. Not time yet to feel safe enough to travel.

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], I had just a slight tenderness at the site of the injection for a day or two. And the shot itself was not even painful. They say it takes at least two weeks before there is any protection. After 2 weeks it is supposed to be 80% effective. After the second injection within a week or 10 days the effectiveness is up to 95% with the Moderna which is what we got. There is a shortage of vaccine in our area too and I had to work at getting the appointments. There were designated providers and I had to go on there websites repeatedly to see if they had any available appointments. Kroger is the provider that we finally got an appointment with. I read and article about the fact that the folks who are not computer literate are at a disadvantage in getting the vaccine. It's a shame it is so chaotic.

24 more please and thank you.
                Last edited by dill; February 6, 2021, 07:40 AM.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Looks cold and snowy up north. Loving the warmer weather here so no complaints here. There is a vaccine shortage here as well. When they have openings for the shot they fill up so quickly that it’s almost impossible to get an appointment. Hubby wants one but I don’t. So we shall see how it works out for him. Wishing everyone a great Saturday. Another 24 for me please and thank you!

Comment

5:50 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, Ginger yes I do the shopping too and I'm good at it after years of raising 4 kids so in the store constantly anyways haha think there's a vaccine shortage everywhere from what I've seen on the news, I hope the people who want it are able to get it soon, waves to the gang and wishes for a happy AF day for us all
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Winter is definitely here for the next few days. We’re half way through the season though and it’s been mild until now so we can’t really complain.

I’m glad some Cafe friends have been able to get vaccinated. We have no idea when we’ll get our shots. I’m hoping Mrs QW gets hers soon though as her immune system is compromised.

There have been stories in the news about snowbirds returning home who feel they should be exempt from quarantine requirements. The federal government recently mandated that all travellers coming into Canada must quarantine in a government approved facility, usually a hotel, at their expense for 3 days. And if they pass a Covid test, they can leave to complete the rest of their quarantine. If a person shows a connection to one of the variant strains, their quarantine period in Alberta is 24 days and not the standard 14 days.
                      There hasn’t been much sympathy for those returning snowbirds for lots of reasons. And why would we risk the health of millions of people for the minor inconvenience of them having quarantine? Stupidity and selfishness isn’t going to cure Covid.

Have a great day everyone, enjoy it af!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Wow! QW, that's a sad story about the snowbirds. Selfishness seems to be the attitude for a lot of folks these days. Hope Mrs gets her vaccine soon.

Dill, so true about the websites. I finally got an appointment at Costco for ours but couldn't get the same day and not until the end of the month.

Pauly, four kids? I thought you only had two. I bet you are an expert at grocery shopping!! Lol

Rava, may I ask why you don't want the vaccine? Just curious. Enjoy your weather! It was sunny and 61 here yesterday so no complaints. Headed back to the 30s next week though.

Jude, my foster kitty is starting to come out of her shell. She's so afraid of noise and fast movement. I wish she could tell her story.

Well Cafe folks, hope you all have a peaceful weekend. Super Bowl party for two tomorrow around here. 24 more!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Superstars. Golfing today. No drinking today. Have a great weekend. Blessings x
                          Last edited by techie; February 6, 2021, 12:08 PM.
                          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

It will be a long time before there is any golfing in these parts! It's not going to get above freezing any time soon and in fact we're heading down to the single digits instead.

Have a good Sunday everyone and enjoy 24 more!
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Time for breakfast!

Comment

Working...
                                X