~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

The sunshine was glorious to see yesterday, and made me feel wonderful. It's amazing what several days of gloomy weather can do to a persons mental health.
    [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], I absolutely loved Queens Gambit, such a great movie!

24 more please...

Comment

I loved Queen's Gambit, too! And continuing on the subject of Netflix....Mr. D and I were skeptical about the limited series, The Boy Who Swallowed the Universe. The title seemed too silly and we have been disappointed in many Netflix originals made in the last couple of years. That said, we gave it a try and got hooked. It's got all the sex, violence, drugs themes, so I am sure it would not be for everyone. But if you can tolerate that kind of content, it was actually engaging, well written and well acted.

Lily got into it with another skunk last night. I don't know if she'll ever learn! So, looks like a mid winter doggie bath is in the cards for today. We made her sleep outside last night.

Ginger, I would love to trade you a fearless, white German Shepherd for a cool, stroller-loving mascot cat.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Wow Dill sounds like Lily had a rough night. Stinky for sure. Im sure you will fix her up today. Cyrus seems like a cool cat. Sounds like everyone is doing well. It’s only gonna be 64 here today which is freezing by Florida standards. I dont get it. When I am up north 64 seems pretty good. I guess in Florida you expect the 80s and when it’s less than that it’s cold. No plans today other than the gym. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. PS I am still passing up the wine isle when I grocery shop so that is amazing progress!!! Keeping that beast at bay is my goal for each day! HEY THATS A GREAT MOTTO!!! LOL.

Comment

5:16am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hopefully your sister is feeling better [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], sucks to be sick when you're trying to visit.

Have fun getting Lily smelling normal [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I'll bet that's not a fun job.

That's a great motto [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]!

We don't watch a lot of tv in our place, but Bubba has been tuned in to the Women's Network each weekend watching the Hallmark movies lol.

We had spring-like conditions the past week or so, but I have a date this morning with the , looks like winter is back. At least it's not too cold out.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Sister is feeling a little better. Hoping we can get out for lunch today before the weather turns rainy. I totally get what you are saying about the temps, Rava!

Dill, sorry about Lily. And no, she will never learn! Ginger only got skunked once in her lifetime but I swear it took a year for that smell to really go away! Every time she got wet, it seemed to reactivate the stink. Ugh! Fun fact, skunks rarely spray cats. They are close in size so they aren't a perceived threat.

ABC, sorry you have to shovel. I guess you'll get your exercise in today! 😉

Mul, enjoy the sun! Blue sky can do wonders for the psyche. Can't it?

Hey Jude! How's the foot doing?

Off to enjoy this beautiful day! I'll gratefully take another.

Comment

ul, enjoy the sun! Blue sky can do wonders for the psyche. Can't it?
                In the middle of the night the other day, as I was half asleep, trying to think positive thoughts, I came up with this little line:
                "All frets and worries disintegrated by the sun, burned away by the beautiful day!"

Comment

Ginger, the ankle is doing well, and I'm walking without the boot about 80% of the time. I'm doing PT at home, and hopefully the next time I see the ortho doc I will be cleared to go back to work. Thanks for asking!

Dill, there's no worse smell than a skunked dog. Uggh.

24 more please...

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Mul, I love that line about the sun. I am gonna repeat that to myself each morning! Hope everyone has a great day. Hope Lily smells better. Jude sounds like your ankle is healing well. Keep up the good work. Very sad about Toby Keith. What a great musician. Fought hard until the end. Wishing everyone a great and sober day!

Comment

5:21am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 25 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Sounds like you're just about back to normal [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], bet you'll be happy when you get the go-ahead to return to work.

Yes, such sad news about Toby Keith [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], and at a young age as well. Bubba and I have danced to many of his songs.

Comment

Shoot! I hadn't heard about Toby. So sad. RIP

Mul, love that thought. Thanks for sharing.

Great news, Jude. Glad you're almost back to 100 percent!

Thank you all for being here and your support over these many years. Feeling grateful. I'll take another. ❤️

Comment

The bath yesterday helped, but it just never gets the smell out all the way. It'll take some time. But honestly! All my life I have had dogs and many of them got skunked. Only once. They learned to avoid the critters after one encounter. But Lily? No!! This is the THIRD time she has been sprayed!!!

Jude, you are so close to being back to normal!! It sure has been a long haul.

Ginger, I feel the same way. So grateful to have you all in my life!

Rava, I'll be using your beast motto going forward. And Mul, that is a great line you came up with in the middle of the night.

Cowboy, Bubba is so lucky to have you as a dance partner. I'm envious of her. Mr. D is not a dancer I'm afraid.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hello Cafe friends. A quick check in from Costa Rica. All is excellent here. Blessings x

Our Shaman Taita
                              IMG_0423.jpg
                              Last edited by techie; February 6, 2024, 01:03 PM.
                              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I found out yesterday that one of my friends from AA passed away suddenly two days ago. I am still in shock over the news. His wife is my sponsor, and I got very close to both of them. It just seems surreal that Tom will never walk through the doors of AA ever again. God speed my friend, I will miss you...

I am also so grateful that all of you here have become a part of my life, one day at a time.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Working...
                                X