~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Lighten up, just enjoy life, smile more, laugh more, and don't get so worked up about things.
    ~Kenneth Branagh

Stop and smell the daffodils! LOL I did just that yesterday and offered one to Mr. D too. He looked surprised and said he didn't think they had a scent. But I insisted and he smelled it and said it was very nice. He never knew. What treasures lie right beneath our feet if we only take the time to enjoy them!

I hope those egg shells did not get stuck in your feet, QW. Surely you put on some protective gear. :hug: For you:

24 more, please and thank you.
    Last edited by dill; April 8, 2019, 05:48 AM.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That was a beautiful sunrise [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], thanks for the pic! There's something peaceful and calming when looking out at a lake that's as smooth as glass. Kinda like watching the flames in a campfire. I always find myself doing my best thinking when looking at both of those. It truly is living in the moment and living well. There was a time when I'd have had my hand wrapped around a beer can and too drunk to appreciate moments like that...

Speaking of living well, my cholesterol diet did the job. Levels are back down in the acceptable range so I'll just keep doing what I've been doing. Nothing wrong with eating healthy and giving up the things that aren't good for me!

I try not to get worked up over the small (and big) things [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], develop a "let go and let God" attitude. But some things can only be put off for so long, then they have to be dealt with. Just got to keep enjoying the sober life trusting that any decisions made will be easier with a clear and sober mind and conscience...

You know what they say about when life hands you a bowl of lemons [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], well the same goes for walking on eggshells, enjoy the scrambled eggs!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

60F with the sun starting to peek through. A couple of nice days ahead, I'll take it.
          Rava, my Mom lives about 15 mile south of where you are now, St Pete beach. Love visiting there. If you're the athletic type there's a great bike trail that runs from Tarpon Springs into downtown St Pete. You can rent bikes in Dunedin, just a few miles from where you are. Dunedin's a cool little town for lunch as well, even if you don't bike.
          Dr visit today.
          24 more please

Comment

5:50 am in Vegas another 24
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the quote and video of John Denver. I forgot how much I loved him! What a shame we lost him so early.

Mr. V, hope the Dr visit goes well. Rava, enjoy!! Mr. QW, hope today is better. Have a great start to the week everybody!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, I listened to this song yesterday while on a walk with my little buddy. John Denver has been a favourite for a long, long time. As Ginger pointed out, he was a great talent gone far too soon.

I’ll remember to make scrambled eggs Cowboy, on those days when Parkinson's rears it’s ugly head.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes.
                  ~Mahatma Ghandi

Coffee shop today so I'm sending this off early. Have a great day everyone! 24 more please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Loved the quote this morning [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Can't argue with those words!

Congrats on getting your cholesterol levels down Cowboy. Do you feel better now that you're eating a healthy diet?

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

54F, partly cloudy.
                      fly-by check-in, off to the dentist early.
                      24 more please

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Just below freezing, and a star-filled sky! Going to be another beaut out there again today! Just about time to start pumping water over the hill and down to the dugout...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=3268]Me[/MENTION] Vervill [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn god day not to drink!

Comment

Getting a little worried about Gertrude and Gus, haven't seen them yet this year...sure hope they fly in one of these days... Harry and Harriet are back, they make their nest on a little island over the hill by the dugout, but no G & G yet.

I'm not sure if I feel any better yet [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. There was definitely no dramatic change in me that I noticed anyway lol.

Good luck at the dentist Mr V!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Cloudy and cooler here in FLorida today. Thanks for the tips Mr. V. We are going to take a ride to Venice on Thursday to see friends. I am glad that I’m not drinking because we almost lost our mind about purchasing a small home here in FLorida. I think 2 homes would be too confusing not to mention expensive in my retirement although it sounds good in theory. I was up all night thinking about it. UGH. Gonna just let that rest for now. Maybe become snowbirds thru rental. Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Comment

5:55 am in Vegas another 24
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you. Day43, $645 still in my pocket!

After yet another medical appointment, we got to see most of our family yesterday, first time in almost 2 months. The grandkids have grown! They were excited to see us and of course the stuff we brought.

We dropped off a bunch of things to Value Village yesterday, a bag of clothes and 3 bins of tools and garage stuff we no longer need. We don’t do garage sales so feel good knowing Value Village and the charities they support will benefit.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X