No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ginger, yes Mr. J made it home safely early yesterday morning after driving straight through the night from S.C. It's good to have him back!

Dill, we keep bees as well, but have tried and failed to capture a swarm. There's definitely an art to it...

24 more please...

Comment

Jude, that home grown honey is the best, isn't it!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning. Dill the honey and bee swarm sounds exciting. I don’t think i have ever had it fresh. I do like Mikes Hot Honey that I buy in the store. Jude, so glad hubby is home safe and sound. Ginger, yes paying ground rent would not go well for me either. But you have to do it to get your warm and sunny winter weather. I hope everyone has a great and sober day. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
          Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Off to take Cyrus for his teeth cleaning. No food since 8 last night and he's pissed this morning! I'm sure he's planning to kill me in my sleep tonight.

I'll take another!

Comment

Nothing worse than having to fast an animal for an upcoming procedure Ginger. They just don't understand why there's no food in their dish!

Tomorrow Mr. J and I are going to a local plow fest which includes both horses and tractors. There is a pancake breakfast, a bake sale, and a chicken barbecue. Should be fun!

Hope that everyone has a great and sober day.

24 more please...

Comment

Jude, that plow fest sounds like something Mr. D and I would both enjoy too. Have fun!

We are going to lunch today at the local Career Center. The Career Center is a vocational school. All the local high schools in our county feed into it. Students that opt for training in particular areas of employment and aren't preparing for a college track can apply to the career center. One of their programs is the culinary arts. They have a restaurant set up so people can come in and sample their fare. As it happens, both the grandkids are off school today so are available to go with us. It will be fun.

24 more please.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:23am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm sure Cyrus will forgive you Ginger once he gets all those treats after his teeth cleaning lol.

The plow fest sounds like a lot of fun Jude, lots to see and some great food to enjoy.

You'll have to tell us all about the menu dill, and what y'all chose to eat. I bet it all will be good.

Let's all have a fantastic Friday as we head into a booze free weekend!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Poor Cyrus. He will get over it with his pearly whites! Wishing everyone a great Friday. 24 for me please and thank you!

Comment

Well, Cyrus made it through the teeth cleaning and I made it through the night Guess he forgave me! He did have to have several teeth pulled. The juvenile gingivitis took its toll on several teeth and they had to come out. He's eating fine though! He goes back in 4 months for a recheck. Hopefully, things will have resolved by then and they'll be no more extractions! Kitties plagued with this usually out grow it by 2yo or so they say..... Cy turns 2 in July.

Jude, that sounds like great fun! Enjoy. Eat a pancake for me. They are my favorite.

Dill, that's a great program. I'm glad your area has that option for kids. They aren't all suited for college, nor they should be! We need skilled workers so badly. I believe we've pushed too hard, for too long for kids to go to college. We've depleted our blue collar workforce. This coming from a retired college employee. Lol

I'll take another!

Comment

Dill, I think that vocational programs are great. Not everyone is cut out for college and there are so many careers available in the trades business. There is good money to be made without the burden of huge student loans.

24 more please...

Comment

Ginger and Jude, I am in your camp about high school vocational programs. I am really pleased and proud that our county has such a strong one. Ginger, so sorry to hear about Cyrus having some teeth pulled. Fingers crossed that that will be the last of that!

Cowboy, the food was really good! Grandson got a burger and fries, but the burger was really big and he said it was delicious. Granddaughter ordered Crunchy Chicken and Waffle which was also really good. It came with maple syrup and she ate every bite. You might try to offer it sometime for our Sunday treat. Mr. D ordered Thai Shrimp and I had a Crunchy Chicken Salad served on a bed of greens, mandarin oranges, pecans and craisins. We were all delighted with the food and it was fun interacting with the students in training.

And it was a good day to be sober. So is today.

Hey to you Rava and Mul!
                            Last edited by dill; April 20, 2024, 05:10 AM. Reason: add comment
                            Dill

Comment

5:16am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink! ​​​​​​​

Comment

Crunchy chicken and waffles, I'm going to have to see what I can find dill. From the sounds of it there was quite an offering of food and everything was good. It seems like there is a shortage of tradespeople everywhere, there is good money to be made in the trades if you like that kind of work.

Glad to hear Cyrus made out okay Ginger, even if he is short a couple of teeth lol.

Bubba and I are headed over to Vermilion this morning as one of her favorite ladies shops is having a big sale. She wants to get something new to wear to the Spring Fling Dine and Dance at the Senior's Center that we're going to tonight. I'll probably check out a few of the hardware stores while she's busy trying on clothes lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X