No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6:15am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] @emyr3al [MENTION=9531]catch22[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Great to see you back C22! And congrats again on the test results!

How's you mom today Marylou? Hope everything is okay!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Ditto what Cowboy said, Catch! So good to hear from you!

Yes, Maryloo, thank God you are sober and present for your Mom! Keep us posted.

Neo, enjoy the learning! I love learning and since retirement keep myself mentally active with free online courses and just reading in general.

I'm in for another 24, please.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

"..you don't get to choose how you're going to die or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."--Joan Baez
        .. the attitude we carry into any situation will influence the outcome, our growth, but most of all the quality of our whole lives...Here's to perception. And 24 more af hours for all of us..
        Happy weekend.

Comment

Hope everything is ok Marylou 5:48 in Vegas another 24 please
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

. Another 24. Good to hear from you [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION].
            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I seem to have had a great rest without adulteration of sleep aids. Day 2 yesterday of only 300mg in the morning gabapentin. I seem to be impervious to the withdrawal and switching tea helped dramatically. I could sit still and watch a movie. I think I'll continue this track of 300 unless some crazy anxiety reappears. Maybe it's not so bad after all and I was reading some fear mongering.
            "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Just passing 50 f here in Jersey on a crisp autumn day and the clouds are sailing through a blue sky. Committing to another 24!

Congratulations on the exam [MENTION=9531]catch22[/MENTION]!

Best to your mom [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION]!
              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
              Newbies Nest Roll Call
              Toolbox
              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Another 24 please from the Okanagan!

Comment

[MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION], this week I was thinking of you while buying vitamins. You had last said you needed more B1. How much are you taking? For nearly the same price here I can get a B-100 complex with 100mg B-1 in it without specifically focusing on B-1 unless I want excessive amounts. I supplement 50 to 100 on a B-100 complex now to get 150 to 200mg or so a day, but I'm not drinking. While drinking its the most important and you need higher doses than the B-100 complex alone provides at 100mg. The advantage of the B-100 complex is that you also get B6 and B12 which are important but not as vital. They appear to work all together.

I had gone a little OCD on the vitamin aisle here snapping photos of B1, B6, B12, magnesium, D2, D3, B-100 Complex, Q-10 to compare and calculate what I'm putting in my body in what volumes. I eat a relatively healthy diet so what I actually need I was trying to figure out.

Best of luck to you this week and its just something I put together for myself so I thought I would share. D3 might be helpful as the northern hemisphere is getting darker as winter starts to come along.

It's not like you can believe everything you read, but this was helpful to garner some information from. Ethanol (alcohol) does vastly more but this was a good non scientific summary/starting point for anyone! 7 Important Nutrients Depleted by Psychiatric Drugs — Optimal Living Dynamics

Oh and the smoking. Yeah I have to quit myself... my puppy (well now like 6 months) is eating my ash tray?!@
                  Last edited by empyr3al; November 4, 2017, 11:52 AM.
                  "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Another 24 please, 6:16pm in Calgary-16C
                    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hey, me too!
                      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

another fly-by 24 more please.

Comment

Hey Emp, good to see trying something. I have 2 x 100mg tabs 3/4 the way through my lunch salad sandwich. Guess I like to mix it in with normal food.I look at it, well 1st month , I need good nutrients to repair myself. I also have a B complex and do,take a D , Half a million little yellow tabs in a bottle that last ages for,good measure as I do a lot of night time trading. Not sure about fish oil, but I can take 3 x 2000mg of these. Not sure I can feel benefits but gee, a well cooked salmon tastes good. A lot of my work is done on computer, so for me to get out more and meet people is great. Doing a few meetings over net too. So looking at Yoga which I haven’t done before and may try another fitness class. I’ll find out in morn. 1st cig day complete. I’m thinking the next 2 days are the challenge. No AL Sat & Sun thank goodness as it’s spring here. So we go another 24
                          Last edited by Neo; November 5, 2017, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Orimus View Post
                            So two oddities. Got a call a few weeks ago from a publisher that ran across my book on Amazon. Trying to to talk me into entering a self-publishing partnership for $1800. Was looking at their website the other day but now I look it up and I'm not sure if I'm just not remembering the company name correctly or not but I can't seem to find it. Tempting but I'm a little wary. Now I just got a call from Navient education services that I'm some sort of contact for an ex-girlfriend I haven't seen in three years. Alarm bells are starting to go off in my head a bit. Geesh.
                            Been wondering [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION], if you got to the bottom of this unusual coincidence. Be careful out there!

Turning the clocks back so it will be lighter a little earlier. But I just wish they'd leave it alone! Funny what one hour shift can do to our bio clocks, isn't it?!!Going for another 23!
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours."-Henry David Thoreau

Here's to advancing confidently on the path we are choosing to follow!!
                              I'm happy to be in the middle of 24 af hours! (we changed our clocks last weekend, Dill..)
                              Wishing you all a recuperative day..

Comment

4:50 am in Vegas wishing they'd leave the clocks alone too [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Another 24 please
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X