~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

34 here and mostly clear. We are getting up into the 50's today which is the normal high for this time of year. Finally, some spring like weather here! Spring officially starts in a couple of days, finally.

24 more please.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

4:43 am in Vegas,another 24 please
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

pink and purple sky at 36F
        Good to be back home, but still have a few more days of work. Grateful for that, and the money to come.
        24 more please

Comment

“No amount of anxiety makes any difference to anything that is going to happen.”-Alan Watts

30f and the sun is shining here in Jersey at 8 am. Committing to another 24!

I'm not sure when but suddenly I've been getting these pop-ups from livescience (that I need to investigate) and the following showed up the other day: 17 Billion? How the CDC Estimated How Many Binge Drinks US Downs Each Year
          “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
          Newbies Nest Roll Call
          Toolbox
          Cattleman Cafe

Comment

6:25 am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks....

-4C (24F) here this morning, snow finally stopped sometime through the night! First day of spring on Wednesday?? We shall see, but I have my doubts lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I can really relate to the your quote this morning [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION]! When I was drinking I'd always wake up at around 3am and worry...sometimes over my drinking, sometimes over what I said or did, and lots of times over something that had to be done. But all that worrying and lost sleep didn't change anything. I couldn't change anything that was already done, and most times I couldn't change anything about what was to come.

I think that's one of the best things that happened to me since I've got sober, I don't worry near as much, and the things that I do worry about are things that will happen anyway, and I understand that now. No more waking up and losing sleep over it...as they say, que sera, sera...I start each day now thinking that the day will come and go, no sense getting myself worked up over things that will happen whether I can do anything about it or not....
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I was reading on another thread that your hubs is starting a new job today [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]. Is he staying in the plumbing field or going back to mechanics? Either way, best of luck to him! Ever think of moving to the frozen north lol? We're in dire need of more tradespeople up here!

Comment

Haha no way Cowboy hubs is just going to another plumbing company
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Orimus View Post
                    “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new.”-Socrates

GMAE all! 10:08 am here in Jersey and the sun is shining. Committing to another 24!
                    I have this quote in a frame from years ago when I was coming out of an abusive relationship. It's a great quote.

Wishes for a good day to all. Day 32 for me.
                    The Drunkards Progress. From the first glass to the grave...

Comment

Another 24 hours please and thank you.

Finally it was warm enough to walk the dog, our usual 6km route, and I did it without falling. And tomorrow it’s supposed to warm up to 6C,almost 43F! People will be running naked in the streets! Well, maybe not. Definitely not me but this could be the start of the big melt!! About time!.

Great quote Ori. Think I’ll print it and post it in my office.

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

8 degrees F under a brilliant, star filled sky. First day of Spring, a time of hope and renewal. Even though the earth is buried under a pile of snow, I know that soon the warmth will come, releasing all of that new life from their frozen prison.

Humbly asking for another 24 please and thank you for my sobriety....another new beginning.

Comment

Good quote, Ori! :happy2: It is simple truth but it made me think. Why do we humans suffer with anxiety, what purpose does it serve? I googled and came up with the following explanation about evolution and the human brain: read:The Evolution of Anxiety: Why We Worry It has to do with the changing demands of our environment as compared to the thousands of years during which we evolved and adapted. We continue to adapt to our environment. This article gives some suggestions as to how to cope.

Glad you are feeling better, QW and able to do your regular 6K with your buddy!

By the time stamp in the upper left hand corner it looks like I just missed you, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. Love those stars! Have a good one!

Raise your cups to another coffee toast: Here's to another opportunity for 24 more!
                          Last edited by dill; March 20, 2018, 05:26 AM.
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“The more man mediates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large.” Confucius

30f here in Jersey at 7:25 am and the sky is a mix of gray and rose. Committing to another 24!
                            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                            Newbies Nest Roll Call
                            Toolbox
                            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION]......I love simple quotes. A lot can be said in just a few words.

Comment

6:30am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Lots of melting going on here and it's a good thing cause we have 3 days of snow headed our way this weekend!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=24140]Crusader[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X