~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

A gray morning here in Jersey just before 8 am, 35f and it's looking like we have some rain on the way. Committing to another 24!
    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
    Newbies Nest Roll Call
    Toolbox
    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Still cold, no break in sight till the weekend, then more snow!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Don't stray too far or for too long [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], we'll be saving your chair for you!

When we were at Vegreville Sunday [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], I picked up the sales flyer for the Co-op grocery store and saw standing rib roasts on for $6.99/lb and immediately thought of you! I live in cattle country and have to pay more for my beef lol. Your roast looked fantastic by the way!

Yesterdays quote was spot on [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], you'll never know the feeling of victory if you give up trying!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

“The great thing in this world is not so much where you stand, as in what direction you are moving.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes

37 degrees F on a grey morning with showers expected. Asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

49F with a heavy soaking rain. Way past sunrise, but it's still dark.
            24 more please.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post

In not sure that I was even living at the end of my drinking days Jude. It was more like a routine, get up, try and work and drink, come home, drink some more, then go to bed. Just a vicious cycle repeated day after day. I don't think you could even call it existing, more like just barely hanging on. But those days are behind me now, I get up in the morning now and look forward to what the day might bring!
              I read this and thought, "Wow, how do you even DO that?! Drink and work? I never tried that. Well, at least not while on the clock. I worked in a school setting and I was with young children a good part of the day. Drinking wouldn't mix in my setting for very long! It's hard to get fired in the public schools, but I think drinking on the job would do the trick in short order! However, when I had to take work home, like reports I needed to write, etc, toward the end I began drinking while doing those. Ridiculous and irresponsible! Oddly, they turned out alright, but I'm sure they could've been better. Well, anyway, I also started showing up at work in the morning with some serious hangovers which I doubt anyone noticed, but I sure did! I also started to obsess about getting home and uncorking a bottle. My world was rapidly shrinking and taking on the shape and color of a wine bottle.

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], good quote, yet again! I choose to move toward the light.:happy2:

How's the river, Mr. V? Is it high?

Committing to another 24.
              Last edited by dill; April 4, 2018, 06:12 AM.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 please. 10:28am and -8C in Calgary.
                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

-24 windchill when my little buddy and I walked early this morning but at least the sun was bright!

I decided to eliminate much of the stress currently in my life. I’m hiring Geek Squad to deal with all the technical crap that’s driving me nuts!

Hope everyone is having a great af day!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble."

— Helen Keller

48 degrees F and way too windy to hear anything out on the back porch today. Temps to fall steadily throughout the day with winds gusting up to 60 mph.....guess I'd better corral the trash cans!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you!
                    Last edited by Jude58; April 4, 2018, 05:37 AM.

Comment

40F and windy here too, Jude. Gusts up to 50
                      Dill, the river will crest at 50.5 feet, just a foot and a half under flood stage.
                      The Little Miami river flooded in downtown Loveland yesterday, entering a few businesses.
                      The sun did make an appearance for about 3-4 hours yesterday, and I took advantage of it to go on a Bike ride. Went to one of my usual spots, and it was 5 feet under water!
                      Yes, just completing humble tasks will fulfill me today.
                      24 more please
                      Last edited by Mr Vervill; April 4, 2018, 06:43 AM.

Comment

I love the quote, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! So important for each of us to do our part to make this world a better place. Nobility and strength of character are qualities to strive for so as to be at the ready should the moment of need arise. We can't all achieve great fame and fortune, but we each can achieve our own personal greatness. And by doing so we make the world a better place. Fame and fortune are over-rated, IMO. I had no chance at achieving personal nobility if I continued drinking! Have you seen the movie, The Darkest Hour? I marveled at Churchill, always have. But he was a big drinker and was unabashed about it. He had the weight of the world on his shoulders at the onset of WWII. He was a great man in spite of his drinking. But, I know full well that the same is not true for me. I do recommend the film, if you haven't seen it.
                        [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], I think getting IT help makes perfect sense! TV is so complicated anymore. I get the heebie-jeebies just standing the television section of the Best Buy! I don't even have the basic vocabulary about it down pat to be able to communicate!

Stormy weather here. We had a brief period of sunshine yesterday afternoon that was followed by torrential rains, fierce winds and flooding. A tornado touched down somewhere near here. Grateful it missed our little town!

24 more hours please and thank you.
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

X-post [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! I'm glad you made hay when the sun shone yesterday! Bike ride was a great idea after all the gloom and rain!
                          Dill

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

It's starting to warm up finally! Not sure what I'd sooner have, wind or cold...but not both together for sure!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I was only drinking at work after I started working for myself [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. It was quite easy for me as often times I was on the job by myself, or there was always a reason to make a trip out to the truck for something...what a terrible way to live....

Great to see you [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION], how's the job hunting going?

I'm pretty lucky [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], my son has a degree in TelCom and he's up on all today's technology. I might even have to get him over this weekend as I ordered a hdmi wireless tv adapter to get hdmi signal to a tv where it's impossible to run a cable. Of course I'll give it a shot myself first lol.

Haven't had much time to comment on all the posts, have been busy reading the manuals on the new tractor I'll be driving this spring! And the calls have been coming in for quotes on new home construction for this year. Hopefully I'll be successful on a couple more of them, I picked up one already, so 2 more would be just perfect!
                              Last edited by abcowboy; April 4, 2018, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Just after noon here in Jersey on a gray day, 46f. Last night the electric went out in half of my apartment, maintenance got it back on as I was going to bed. No idea what it was. Of course then I woke up with no heat so just warming up now in my home office. Committing to another 24!

Interesting article:

Tiny, Lab-Grown Minibrains Sprout Blood Vessels
                                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                                Toolbox
                                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X