No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6:30am in Alberta, 24 more for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22695]Inthesky[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] abcowboy

I agree with y'all on the time change, but at least the fall back is easier for me to get used to than the spring ahead!

I want to thank [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] for this past week of quotes and the extra effort each day! It's supposed to be ssd's turn this coming week but I messaged both her and Wildflowers and haven't heard back from either so I guess I'll do this coming week. If [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], and [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] don't mind, I'll redo the schedule to include just the four us unless someone else wants to join in and volunteer? My thoughts and prayer are with you both [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] and [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION], wherever you are and whatever situation you are in...
    Last edited by abcowboy; November 5, 2017, 08:33 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

ooops.. I'd forgotten someone else is on today!:happy2: It does get to be a fun habit looking for quotes.. I mostly look for something that pertains to what's going on with me (which helps me a lot) and then hope you can all relate.
      I'm up for doing them any time, AB.. just please continue to remind me when.

I've also been wondering about ssd and wildflowers and hoping they're ok.
      Also wanted to congratulate you, Catch..
      Last edited by lifechange; November 5, 2017, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Actually we added an hour now so here's to 25. Was odd looking at the weather on my phone seeing 01:00 listed twice.

Neo I get at least one omega from 2 tablespoons ground flax and heavy contributions come from my diet. Salmon is great will fill and lemon imho.
        "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Another 24 for me please, 9:50am in Calgary and -10 C
          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Steel wool skies as we strike noon here in Jersey, 56 f. Committing to another 24!
            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], turned out I was still listed as a contact on ex-gf's student loan which is actually her daughter's student loans. They were looking for a contact number so couldn't help them. I am still friends with the daughter on FB so been pondering sending her a messenger letting her know but .... Did another reverse lookup on the publisher and this time it did pop up as a scam. I'm not quite sure scam would be how I'd describe them but definitely do not think it is the route to go if one is serious about being an author as it puts little onus on the publisher. Skeptical about their "Partnership" but more skeptical about the caller. Stratton Press | Personalized Publishing for You

I'll step in whenever needed [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. :happy2:
            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
            Newbies Nest Roll Call
            Toolbox
            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

I'm actually glad you had a quote this morning [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! I'm out at my son's place for hunting, and with the time change I was a bit worried if I'd have enough time to get all my morning routine done lol.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

As you can tell, we're back in from the morning hunt and I've been searching for a way to post full size pics from my phone instead of just the thumbnails, hopefully this works....

And it appears that it does!!! It's a free image uploading site and is quite simple to use for us technically challenged folk lol
                Last edited by abcowboy; November 5, 2017, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Ooops, I did the math wrong this morning and asked for 23 hours for today. As [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] points out, we have an extra hour! So, I need to ask for 2 more on top of the 23 I asked for this morning! LOL!

I'll be glad to help out as needed, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! Just give a me reminder a day or two ahead. Thanks!
                  [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], thanks for all your great quotes this week!
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Headed back north, 24 more for me please!

Comment

Hi Everyone — checking in for 24 more please. Mom’s doing slightly better today - thank you all so much. Haven’t read back yet but hoping everyone is content. Hugs - ML
                      Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Completed Day 2 of cig quit. Plenty of Grapes, Bananas , Salad sand and beautiful Salmon for tea. Work up tired but could breathe better for sure.

I got a quote for the day and have more ,

From BIG LOVE —

"Beyond everything else, growth requires dedication. Healing demands commitment. No number of books or podcasts or workshops will make a difference if we’re not committed to healing ourselves.

Last edited by Neo; November 6, 2017, 06:36 AM.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] abcowboy

Great quote [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION]! You got yourself a job for this week if you don't mind lol. And I'll put you in the weekly rotation and give you a heads up when you're week for quotes is coming up. Thanks for volunteering!

Comment

4:58 in Vegas another 24 please,great quote Neo
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Back home, and back to work.
                              24 more for all of us.

Comment

Amen to that Neo! 24 more please.
                                Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X