X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6:21 am another 24 please
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

"For a long time it has seemed to me that life was about to begin; Real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be got through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life..."

6:50am here in Alberta, 24 please just like the last ones..
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

6:32 am please give me 24 more hours of freedom

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing-that's why we recommend it daily..."

6:35am in Alberta, 24 more please..
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

6:17 am another 24 of strength please

Comment

"Look at every path closely and deliberately. Try it as many times as you think necessary. Then ask yourself and yourself alone one question. . . Does this path have a heart? If it does, the path is good. If it doesn't, it is of no use..."

6:50am in Alberta, I'm in for 24 more please..

And a little something extra this morning Big Guy upstairs, could you find it in your heart to send a few blessings down to Pauly, her daughter, and her unborn grandchild? They sure could use a few right now.. Thank you Lord..

Comment

6:19 am in Vegas another 24 hours of thinking straight please

Comment

"When one door closes, another opens: but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us..."

6:55am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please..

Comment

5:56 another 24 please, hey Cowboy how come we're the only two patrons?

Comment

I'm not sure why Pauly, but think it has something to do with me lol. Everyone has to find what works for them, for me it means a daily commitment to staying sober and this is one of the ways I do it.

Tough day ahead for you and Kell, hang tough, for you and your daughter. You know where to get hold of me if you need a diversion, it gets boring and lonely all day and night on the combine by myself haha.

Comment

Will do Cowboy, if I need extra support today, I think bygones should be bygones especially in recovery, we're all in this together, I think your passion for sobriety maybe turned some people off cuz you can come across a little strong, kinda used to bug me a bit I always thought you should just take care of your own sobriety, however I now realize that you're a helper by nature and do get passionate wanting to help others, I now find it wonderful cuz at least you say something to people instead of staying on the sidelines, I often wonder if I'm posting and wasting my time cuz very few respond,at least you do acknowledge mine and others posts,thanks for everything Cowboy

Comment

Also if some people can't forgive and forget, well that's their problem, there's no use holding on to anger and resentment

Comment

what does someone gotta do to get some coffee around here?!? lol
                            who wants a cinnamon bun??? i'm thinking that and a french vanilla latte.
                            8:44am in Toronto. another 24 please.

it's a rainy day here. and i decided on a whim to come by here and check how things were going. glad i did.

Pauly - so glad to see you and acowboy doing so awesome. i sorta stopped posting because no one responded to me either near the end. i realize now that was silly to just make my exit and not come back.
                            either way, i am still sober. one year and nearly two months.

Comment

"Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life and repeat to yourself, the most comforting words of all; This, too, shall pass..."

7:00am in Alberta, I'll take another 24...

Bri! So great to see you! It's a bit slow here for sure, but Pauly and I have kept the doors open for you. Great to hear you're still AF as well, sober life is amazing if we count our blessings. It would be nice to hear from you a bit more often though lol.

Pauly, I tend not to worry about what others think of me, that's their problem not mine. I may come across wrong sometimes, but you're right, I'm only trying to help. Thank you! You're never wasting your time posting! I might not reply to every one of your posts, but I read them all! You help yourself when you post and you're probably helping others who look at you and understand how truly wonderful you are, a fighter, a warrior...a lady who never gives up, on herself or those she loves!

And I'll have one of those cinnamon buns along with my coffee and 24...
                              Last edited by abcowboy; October 1, 2016, 08:16 AM.

Comment

I want a cinnamon bun too!! Great to see you Bri 6:45 am another 24 of a sound mind please, the format changed on my phone overnight, I can barely see anything so if my posts look weird tis why,it's done this before but I can't remember what I pushed to fix it

Comment

Working...
                                X