~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

29 degrees and snowing in N.Y., but I'm trying to be positive and know that Spring is just around the corner! Here's to another 24 for all!

Comment

GMAE all! 7 am here in Jersey on a gray Friday morning. Hitting 29f right about now. Committing to another 24!
      “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
      Newbies Nest Roll Call
      Toolbox
      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

"Success is not easy. It usually requires long hours, hard work, and making lots of mistakes along the way. Moreover, if you want to achieve success in any field, you often have to commit to working at it daily."
        - Patrik Edblad

It's -8C (18F) here this morning, a few snow flurries in the forecast but Bubba and I are going to head into the city today for a Costco run anyway...

6:25am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed up for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=24140]Crusader[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

25F and sunny.
          Super busy today, and a long day.
          24 more please

Comment

5:41 am in Vegas,another 24 please
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Sunny and cold today. 24 more, please and thank you.

This one is for you, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] It should help you keep that positive attitude you are working on! :happy2::

Last edited by dill; March 9, 2018, 08:51 AM.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Morning Cafe Posters.

ABC, there was a time I would have said yes to the commitment to post inspirational quotes as I've used them for years. However, I am going into an awareness phase and changes are coming that will make it a commitment I can't make at this time. This quit is different than any of the others I've attempted. I left a post in the nest today, but heading into my month now, I will be doing some different things daily. I may post everyday or not, but I am committed to my quit. There are a lot of fireworks going off right now. What I need may be a bit different than what some others need to focus on, so I'm sorry if that is a disappointment, but timing can be everything.

Definitely another 24 hours.

Love and hugs to you all.
                The Drunkards Progress. From the first glass to the grave...

Comment

Committed to another 24 hours.

We’re still waiting for the promised warm up although walking my little buddy in -14 windchill is certainly better than it has been.

Hope everyone is having a great af day!!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] Thank You...I needed that today!

Comment

Another snowy Saturday here in N.Y., but things are supposed to clear up later on this am. Thankful for that! Hopefully, I won't need to keep borrowing cowboy's shovel for much longer. Here's to another 24 hours and thank you!

Comment

I'm getting a late start today. I slept in for a change. I had some weird dreams, but no drinking dreams!

24 more please for me and everyone who wants it!
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

34F and sunny, looks like a great day.
                          Long work day yesterday 9:30am to midnight. The kind that would have sent me to the bar right after, to unwind.
                          Sleep felt great instead.
                          work tonight, another late one.
                          24 more please.

Comment

A bright 34f here in Jersey at 8:33. Committing to another 24!
                            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                            Newbies Nest Roll Call
                            Toolbox
                            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

"I keep telling people: Don't make me the poster boy for AA because I don't know a lot about sobriety, but I do know a lot about drinking."
                              - Billy Joel

I think that quote about sums me up. I don't know a whole lot about the ins and outs of sobriety and quitting, but I can sure tell you a lot about being a drunk!

6:40am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24140]Crusader[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cowboy...Love the quote, and couldn't agree with you more about not knowing much about the science of alcoholism. I could write a book about drunkenness....if only I could remember.

Comment

Working...
                                X