Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another great quote Ginger. Don’t sweat the small stuff, right?

The hallucinations are just one of several side effects of PD and/or the meds Pauly. What’s frustrating for us both, you never know what’s going to show up and when. Some days it’s gut issues, muscle stiffness in her legs, arms and hands, restless leg syndrome, speech difficulty, comprehension difficulty and lethargy. One day at a time, right?

Ginger, sorry the knees are bothering you so badly. I hope the brace helps. I use one sometimes when I walk and it’s a help. I like your attitude - you feel like you’re a mess but are counting your blessings. Good for you!

Jessie and I were home from our early walk by 7:15 this morning. It was sunny and mild and as Nar mentioned, the weather is supposed to be great all weekend.

Have a great af Saturday, stay well & stay safe

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Yes, thanks for the great quotes this week [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], you’re going to be a tough act to follow! There’s a slight change in the QD rotation as [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] is supposed to be doing them next week, but she’s at her late brother’s place getting things all sorted out and we’re going to trade weeks. So it won’t be long till SLO will be back with us!

I chuckled at the thought of the picnic set up by the cemetery [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Indeed a peaceful setting to enjoy the company of those past and present. I wonder what people would think if they drove by and saw you; “they must be just killing time until it’s their turn” lol

What about golfing for exercise [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]? You’d be in a cart most of the time, but some walking and stretching would be involved as well.

It seems no matter how well we try to stay healthy and in decent shape, those aches and pains somehow manage to catch up to us. And staying sober sure can’t hurt!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

"Never give up on yourself. Remember, great things take time." - Unknown

5:05am in Vegreville, Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Last edited by abcowboy; May 17, 2020, 06:04 AM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Morning grub is ready, come and get it!

Comment

Yummy breakfast, ABC! I miss seeing Slo around the cafe. Hope she's doing ok and back soon. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

5:52 am in Vegas another 24,work was a madhouse! I'm completely booked for Monday too the phone was ringing non-stop and we had to take it off the hook for a bit just to get a break, the phone, people stopping by, people who made appointment the other day it was just nonstop, I'm sure it'll be like this for a few weeks, everyone was great at wearing their masks,and being respectful of each other's space but I feel terrible they hafta wait outside but that's not our rules it's what the governor said, Ginger I really hope the knee gets better quick,I keep telling hubs to use this turmeric/bromelain supplement I use but he's the kind who takes something once and if he don't feel a change immediately he stops, QW, your wife is lucky to have such a supportive husband,you take such a caring and proactive approach to her condition, learning about it, helping her, taking her to docs and the support group it's wonderful to hear of hope everyone has a wonderful AF day
                Last edited by paulywogg; May 17, 2020, 08:01 AM.
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for the kind words Pauly. Life is interesting. Glad your customers are behaving themselves as life gets to the new normal.

Slo has been missed, it’ll be great to have her back in the Cafe.

Cleaning the barbecue, cutting the grass & staining our privacy fence is on the agenda for today. Do I know how to have fun or what? But first, a walk with Jessie.

Stay well, stay safe & af everyone!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Late check in. Great quote Cowboy and also yummy breakfast. Ginger hope that knee gets better soon and you can resume hiking! Pauly, so glad you are back to work and people are wearing their masks and respecting their space. Hope everyone has a great AF Sunday! Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Good morning cafe! Thanks for breakfast yesterday cowboy!

Yes, it will be great to have Slo back here! I've missed her!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

I somehow missed checking in yesterday! I read Jude's post but then got busy with other things and never got back. I missed that fabulous breakfast, Cowboy!!! Oh well, at least I'm here today. Thanks for the good quote yesterday Cowboy. It's good to keep things in perspective. Some good things take time and continuous effort.

Pauly, I'm glad you are back to work and hopefully making up for lost income by this steady stream of clients. You sound pretty pleased with how it is going. You probably never realized just how important and valuable you are to so many people!

24 more please and thank you.
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“The problem is that you don't just choose recovery. You have to keep choosing recovery, over and over and over again. You have to make that choice 5-6 times each day. You have to make that choice even when you really don't want to. It's not a single choice, and it's not easy.” - Marya Hornbacher

5:20am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good morning. Lots of rain here today. Hope everyone has a great and sober Monday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Count me in as another who misses [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] hope she's ok and does decide to join us again, 5:33 am in Vegas another 24
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the supplement tip, Pauly. Ordered and on the way.

Packed a lunch yesterday and took a long drive. Nice to be out and away!

Great reminder/quote, ABC. Our work is never done when it comes to our sobriety! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X