• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5;52 am in Vegas,another 24 please!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Not a problem [MENTION=24140]Crusader[/MENTION], it’s a standing invitation for you or anyone else who wants to join in.

As most of you know it’s the Lenten Season, and as per Lent tradition I figured the thing I would give up for Lent was Coke. I’ve been doing good with SanPellegrino and iced tea but I’ve grown a bit tired of them. So yesterday when Bubba and I were in the drink section of Costco I got looking around for something different and low and behold staring me right in the face was Budweiser Prohibition! It was one of those moments where 100 thoughts went through my head in 10 seconds!

I know some of you can drink the near zero drinks but I’ve always shied away from them. To be honest, I’m just plain afraid of where it could lead me. You’d think after 3 years I’d have this tiger by the tail and not worry about drinking an na beer, but I don’t. It scares me that it could lead me back to the place I was 3 years ago. Sometimes fear can be a healthy thing me thinks….

Nope, didn’t pick up the 24 of Prohibition, picked up the flavoured Kirkland sparkling water instead….
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I think that it's a good idea to stay away from the na beer cowboy. Slippery slope and all that. When I quit drinking I went through gallons of chocolate milk, but soon realized that it was doing unpleasant things to my waistline. Now I drink seltzer and sparkling water, even if it does make me burp!:eek-new

Comment

Morning Cafe Members.

Out of time, so just a checking for another 24 hours. I'm on day 23 and 'marching' toward 30 days and my hat from Byrd.

Have a good day to all!
          The Drunkards Progress. From the first glass to the grave...

Comment

This may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I'll add it as a contribution to the thread. If you aren't a Christian, you can apply this to your life anyway. I found a quote from one of their songs this morning while doing my notebook work, so I looked it up online. It spoke to me heavily today.

Voice of Truth
            Casting Crowns
            Oh what I would do to have
            The kind of faith it takes
            To climb out of this boat I'm in
            Onto the crashing waves
            To step out of my comfort zone
            Into the realm of the unknown where Jesus is
            And He's holding out His hand
            But the waves are calling out my name
            And they laugh at me
            Reminding me of all the times
            I've tried before and failed
            The waves they keep on telling me
            Time and time again. "Boy, you'll never win!"
            "You'll never win!"
            But the voice of truth tells me a different story
            The voice of truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
            The voice of truth says, "This is for My glory"
            Out of all the voices calling out to me
            I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth
            Oh what I would do to have
            The kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant
            With just a sling and a stone
            Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors
            Shaking in their armor
            Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand
            But the giant's calling out my name
            And he laughs at me
            Reminding me of all the times
            I've tried before and failed
            The giant keeps on telling me
            Time and time again. "Boy you'll never win!"
            "You'll never win!"
            But the stone was just the right size
            To put the giant on the ground
            And the waves they don't seem so high
            From on top of them lookin' down
            I will soar with the wings of eagles
            When I stop and listen to the sound of Jesus
            Singing over me
            I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth

Voice of Truth lyrics - CASTING CROWNS - YouTube
            The Drunkards Progress. From the first glass to the grave...

Comment

Committed to another 24 hours.

Sunny and milder here today but not yet warm enough to melt the mountains of snow. My 4 legged buddy enjoyed her walk this morning and is now comfortably asleep in front of the fireplace. I think she likes her life!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

It’s a beautiful day here today, lots of sunshine, no wind, 4C (40F) and got supper cooking on the wood pellet grill! Life is indeed good!

And don’t forget to move the clocks ahead tonight 1 hour, mustn’t forget the start of DST!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cowboy that supper looks amazing.....made my mouth water. Nothing like cooking on the grill, it makes it feel like summer no matter what time of year it is!

Humbly asking for another 24 on this cold Sunday morning!

Comment

To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter... to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life.
                    ~John Burroughs

And these are rewards best enjoyed when alcohol free and not dealing with a hangover or any of the other physical effects of over indulgence.

Thanks, Cowboy for the reminder set clocks ahead. Ugh! It sure made getting up this morning a bit harder!

Joining Jude in humbly asking for 24 more.
                    Last edited by dill; March 11, 2018, 05:44 AM.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Great quote, Dill.. thanks. The simple life is what I'm learning to love. Done are the days of home-made chaos!

It's 12:28 here and we are having an amazing break from the cold.. it's 16°C! (almost 60F) and the people are going nutso..
                      Thanks for the quotes last week, AB.. and for the song lyrics, Crusader..

Here's to 24 more af hours for all of us!

Comment

I really can relate to that quote dill. Too many people complicate their lives unnecessarily, and can't see the beauty surrounding them. So very sad...

Comment

6:45am in Alberta, 24 for me and anyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

Another beautiful day here in the forecast! As a matter of fact, it's supposed to be above freezing during the day for the next week or so!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=3405]Jude5[/MENTION]9 [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24140]Crusader[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

30F and partly cloudy, not sure where the day wants to go.
                            I know I'm going the sober direction.
                            24 more please.

Comment

Eggs are poaching, spuds are frying, bacon is sizzling, and toast is a popping! And like Tim Horton's, the coffee is always on and fresh!

Comment

Ahhh, the simple things in life, how so many of those things passed me by while I had my head buried in a bottle. I guess they really didn’t pass me by, I was just to drunk to appreciate them!

When I was drinking, there was nothing simple in my life, heck, even my life wasn’t simple! I revolved everything around my beer. How quick I could get out of the house so I could sneak in a few beers. What jobs I could put off so I could spend the day drinking. What excuse could I come up with so I could stay out later and drink some more. There was nothing simple about that, it took a lot of planning, and yes, a lot of lying to be able to get away with it.

My life is so much simpler now, and I can appreciate the simple things in life. I don’t have to complicate anything anymore, alcohol complicated everything for me…..

Comment

Working...
                                X