Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jessie thought it was a good idea to go for a walk at 6 this morning. We did and we’re home before 7. With half her days “work”done already, she’s having a sleep by my feet, no doubt getting ready for our afternoon meander.

It was cloudy but mild when we walked and the day looks like it’ll warm up to the low 20’s. I’d be OK if it didn’t get any warmer than mid-20’s all summer.

Off to do some grocery shopping while old farts hour is still on.

Have a great af Monday everyone! Stay safe.

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please, 10:51 in Calgary.

QW, I thought that was a typo at first, "Old farts hour" haha

Yeah we have about 80 cases just in our district so we are trying to stay safe. Crazy times.

Don't drink today- its pretty hard to drink with a mask on anyway!
      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Wonderful quote yesterday cowboy! Maintaining sobriety is a life long commitment but so worth it!

Jessie is one lucky dog QW! "Old fart hour" love it!

Sitting on the back porch this morning with a cup of coffee. I've been waiting for a long time for this moment.

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

“Never forget where you’ve been. Never lose sight of where you’re going. And never take for granted the people who travel the journey with you.” - Susan Gale

5:10am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for another good quote, Cowboy. it reminds me that the now is formed and guided by the past and the future. We may have regrets and sadness (which we must let go of)about some choices in the past but we cannot completely forget the past events/choices as they guide our future choices. Even the happy times in the past must not be held on to desperately. We can't live there anymore. We should draw comfort and joy from those good times and be grateful for them; and grateful for those who journey with us, thru thick and thin. Cowboy, It's so rainy in our part of the world, the farmers are not able to get out in their fields. How are things with you?

Jude, I wish I could join you out on the porch, but it's much too wet today! Great weather for frogs and ducks!

24 more for all of us here.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:35 am in Vegas another 24 hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jessie wanted to chase a rabbit she spotted on our walk this morning. I’m amazed how strong she is! She dragged me several feet in her attempt to get to the scared critter.

After a great start on the honey do list yesterday, I came down with a bad case of the sooners. Decided I’d sooner spend time learning some of the advanced features of my camera than do the chores that are now facing me today!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone. Stay safe!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

"Weathery" here today too! We can use the ran though so not complaining.

Really good reminder, ABC. Keep 'em coming! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 please, 9:26 in Calgary.

Thanks for the quote Cowboy. I really have to quit thinking about the past. Sometimes I get caught up in old (bad) memories and really judge myself harshly. I try and catch myself and redirect my thoughts when I can. sheesh.

It is raining today so no cup of coffee on the deck for me. I am off to buy some plants instead

Have a great day everyone.
                      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

“Often it isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the little pebble in your shoe.” - Muhammad Ali

5:10am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

We've had pretty much a moisture free spring once it finally got here [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], but that's about to change. Lots of rain in the forecast for the next three days, and I think everyone is looking forward to a few days off. I know I'm ready to catch up on my sleep and spend a few lazy days with Bubba and Hank! Farmers around Vegreville are in much the same boat as your area farmers, the land over there is much flatter and is taking forever to dry enough to get on, and this 2 - 3" of rain that's supposed to fall sure won't help them!

Comment

It's and interesting thought, Cowboy. It's good that a pebble can be removed. Sometimes it takes effort to find it and remove it tho!

Rainy here this morning and quite cool, but the forecast says it will become partly sunny later. I'll take it! Along with another 24, please and thank you.
                              Last edited by dill; May 20, 2020, 06:53 AM.
                              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning and thanks for the quote Cowboy. That pebble sometimes messes me all up. Luckily, I remove it and keep walking. Hope everyone has a great day. Looking forward to having Slo come back . Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X